Tv series

A friend of mine from Dundee was a baker in Scotland and opened a bakery out here, all the Scottish people from miles around would phone in orders and go pick them up, some as far as an hour away, it was great going in and listening to the blethering from the customers, sold sliced sausage as well and anything you could get in Auld's or McKays the bakers back home, you get get in the shop here, he retired a few years back but I ran into his son in law and contacted his daughter as I heard he was still making the pies, my sone was made up as I ordered 3 dozen and he called me when they were ready, and my boy picked them up on his way home...a wee touch of hame ;-) The best bit, was when I'd phone in an order at the shop, they lived a short drive from us, so I'd pick them up from the house and the best laugh was when people would call and ask for a 'Desperate Dan' (steak pie, the big ones...thanks for that image Boab, took me back for a minute ;-)

I think someone has been pranking you JS. As Forfar is inland there is no sea for fishing boats to go out in. There is just a loch with a sewage works going into it. I think what you have been enjoying isn't really a "Farfir Smokie" but a flushed away jobbie scooped out from the loch!
Thurs a bug pond at the caravan site goes richt oot ti sea and well ken it ken

HH 🐟

I think someone has been pranking you JS. As Forfar is inland there is no sea for fishing boats to go out in. There is just a loch with a sewage works going into it. I think what you have been enjoying isn't really a "Farfir Smokie" but a flushed away jobbie scooped out from the loch!
If only we hud a reel Slientist to check it but you’re oor residen joabie sooker so ower ti yi
Inspector Armitage shanks

HH💩

A friend of mine from Dundee was a baker in Scotland and opened a bakery out here, all the Scottish people from miles around would phone in orders and go pick them up, some as far as an hour away, it was great going in and listening to the blethering from the customers, sold sliced sausage as well and anything you could get in Auld's or McKays the bakers back home, you get get in the shop here, he retired a few years back but I ran into his son in law and contacted his daughter as I heard he was still making the pies, my sone was made up as I ordered 3 dozen and he called me when they were ready, and my boy picked them up on his way home...a wee touch of hame ;-) The best bit, was when I'd phone in an order at the shop, they lived a short drive from us, so I'd pick them up from the house and the best laugh was when people would call and ask for a 'Desperate Dan' (steak pie, the big ones...thanks for that image Boab, took me back for a minute ;-)
Sliced sausage as in square sausage?
Had that for my brekkie this morning , couple of pieces n steak square, like some black pudding as well dumpling the works canny beat it wi a big stick 😋

Members online

Latest posts

Back