Uefa

Considering the topic of the post was for the recent fine from UEFA fine (not pyro) in this instance, people , particularly the second comment on the thread started banging on about Pyro when the charge was for the minted banners and 60,000 singing fuck Lazio
The fine THIS TIME wasn't for pyro. The dead dictator banner and 'rude' language fine is as bollocksological as the Palestinian flags fine imo.
I'd be interested in reading your opinion on my proposal for stopping pyro. That's twice you've responded in relation to my post but you seem determined to avoid expressing an opinion.

The fine THIS TIME wasn't for pyro. The dead dictator banner and 'rude' language fine is as bollocksological as the Palestinian flags fine imo.
I'd be interested in reading your opinion on my proposal for stopping pyro. That's twice you've responded in relation to my post but you seem determined to avoid expressing an opinion.

Seems like a decent and thought out proposal and it would eventually wean it out but these pyros are being taken into the grounds by means the regular fan wouldn't believe. it could however, ultimately create division and spark fury amongst what are in essence, like minded fans..Personally, i like pyro and like the visual spectacle it creates..Obviously in its current form, it shouldn't really be practised as it can be for 1, dangerous in the hands of someone who is recklessly drunk ,irresponsible ..2 its obviously illegal to use in a ground....
If it were somehow regulated in an official , health and safety friendly manner then maybe it could be reconsidered...It definitely adds to the atmosphere particularly in a highly charged big game IMO

Seems like a decent and thought out proposal and it would eventually wean it out but these pyros are being taken into the grounds by means the regular fan wouldn't believe. it could however, ultimately create division and spark fury amongst what are in essence, like minded fans..Personally, i like pyro and like the visual spectacle it creates..Obviously in its current form, it shouldn't really be practised as it can be for 1, dangerous in the hands of someone who is recklessly drunk ,irresponsible ..2 its obviously illegal to use in a ground....
If it were somehow regulated in an official , health and safety friendly manner then maybe it could be reconsidered...It definitely adds to the atmosphere particularly in a highly charged big game IMO

Thanks for the response. I personally believe the only safe place for pyro is in the middle of the park where the smoke will disperse without being inhaled by fans. But, at the end of the day, what do people want? It's a fuckin football match. If you want to watch fireworks go to a fireworks display. It would 'add to the atmosphere' if you could get a lapdance at half time but that's not appropriate for a football stadium and there are places to go if that's what you're after.

Thanks for the response. I personally believe the only safe place for pyro is in the middle of the park where the smoke will disperse without being inhaled by fans. But, at the end of the day, what do people want? It's a fuckin football match. If you want to watch fireworks go to a fireworks display. It would 'add to the atmosphere' if you could get a lapdance at half time but that's not appropriate for a football stadium and there are places to go if that's what you're after.

not sure about the lapdance analogy but respect your point of view (y)

I know many don't like politics in football and I fully respect that opinion. In my view however I'm proud of the money the Green Brigade raised recently for Scottish Action for Refugees and in Rome for Baobab Experience. And happy a facist element within a travelling support were countered by the Green Brigade by banners and songs and without violence. This is just the usual filling of the coffers for UEFA as they pander to the sanatizing of the game for a TV audience.
I'd prefer the whole Pyro thing disappears but don't see that happening sadly.

Why aren't UEFA fining clubs and associations for poppies on shirts and politically-motivated commemorative silences before games. This is no more or less political than a Palestinian flag or Mussolini banner.
They leave the domestic issues to the local ruling body PMM. They have stepped up and told local associations to get their house in order. They issued direction in June to all members. So far it's had some coverage on the Beeb and largely ignored elsewhere. Including by our own governing organisation. Strange that.

Uefa did fine England and Scotland for wearing poppies on their shirts when we played each other at Wembley on November 11th 2016. England got twice as big a fine for being the home team and displaying images poppies around the ground. Wales and Northern Ireland got much smaller fines as they both displayed a poppy wreath before their games. Uefa don't usually interfere with domestic games as this is up to each association to manage.

Going by UEFAs morals, surely the national anthems of Scotland and England are political too and both countries should be fined everytime they are played?
Hahahahahaha it's hard to argue with that point either.

While we're at it, could we not ditch the political dignitaries that always want to get in the camera frame during major tournaments?

Well apart from Croatia's, she doesn't hurt the eyes too much

Awe ffs no again🙈

Honestly man...other than a misguided outburst post Lazio and my hatred of Hun posts what have I done?? 🤣
Think I've shown in my content and contribution in most posts that I'm certainly no Hun...opinionated but not a rat 👍👍

I'm banned from pyro chat :p

its dangerous

there is no safe pyro in football stadiums

the political points made by Celtic fans only have gumption if they are justified.

Flares are not safe

Cannot be done safely in big stadiums

And any Celtic fan who thinks rebellion against just laws is fair game

really needs to reassess why they support Celtic

The injustice of Irish catholics in this country is worthy just cause

the highlighting of political spin is a just cause

Accidentally burning people while safely setting off fireworks is not just cause

the one thing missing from the people who claim to support the increased atmosphere through fire forget that every political point ever made by celtic fans is justifiable on grounds of ethics

its the crypt keepers and their minions that love injustice for everybody but their Klan

And have no morals towards anybody who points out their contradictions

interestingly

I suspect its more likely that rangers men would want Celtic in newspaper for pyro than celtic men

I still haven't heard a single argument for pyro that makes any sense or reason.

that has never been the celtic way ever

the people in the stadium who paid to watch game shouldn't need to worry about accidentally being burned ever

Back