VAR watch.

The SFA did allow their chairman, Ogilvie was it? to be involved in the investigation into oldco and their side letter....who just happened to be the guy who was at oldco when the side letters were created......so I reckon they would have herod as babysitter, assisted by Myra Hyndley and Rose West on VAR!!
Rangers Tax-Case
@rangerstaxcase
·
৭ ফেব

One of very few regrets was in signalling that we had receipts for Ogilvie's EBT payment just before his interview with
@alextomo
Rangers EBT recipient of the day Robert Campbell Ogilvie £95,000 Director/Club Secretary Rangers FC

Call it what you like, but it’s blatant cheating bordering on corruption, or extreme incompetence, now that walker has had the courage to put it out there in the media ( he could just have easily not said a thing) this should immediately trigger a full scale SFA enquiry, as I’m sure all conversations are recorded and can be reviewed,

We must have all the discussions between the on field referee and VAR officials heard live as it happens, it happens in rugby without a problem…..unless they have something to hide 🤷‍♂️

Call it what you like, but it’s blatant cheating bordering on corruption, or extreme incompetence, now that walker has had the courage to put it out there in the media ( he could just have easily not said a thing) this should immediately trigger a full scale SFA enquiry, as I’m sure all conversations are recorded and can be reviewed,

We must have all the discussions between the on field referee and VAR officials heard live as it happens, it happens in rugby without a problem…..unless they have something to hide 🤷‍♂️
'COCK-PIT' (well named) Voice recorder, should be produced in this case
Just saying...

HH

Andy Walker should have went the full bhoona,,jaikets on a shoogly nail noo,
name and shame the lot of these corrupt cunts,,but it’s tooooo late now!they will just paint him as a disgruntled ex- employee 🤷‍♂️..shat his y Fronts in my opinion..
Probably signed an NDA when he got hired, so he can't come straight out and name names mibbe
But...if he gets the bullet...things 'could' get 'interesting'
Imagine he's not the only one who's shiting their keks at the moment
Everything above board, should be the order of the day, no funny handshake agreements
Get these cheating bastards telt
YNWA

Probably signed an NDA when he got hired, so he can't come straight out and name names mibbe
But...if he gets the bullet...things 'could' get 'interesting'
Imagine he's not the only one who's shiting their keks at the moment
Everything above board, should be the order of the day, no funny handshake agreements
Get these cheating bastards telt
YNWA
for Me you either go the full Hogg or you just shut up and keep it to yourself!!
he’s no being brave as far as I’m concerned,,if for instance that was a hun commentator heard that and it concerned them u think they wouldn’t go full force?..a know he’s no saying it involves celtic..🤷‍♂️

By not naming he has allowed every VAR official to be a suspect in this.

Maybe its as expected, they are looking for ways to apply the rules to suit the narrative instead of just applying them.

Or has he heard things on more than one occasion and is keeping his powder dry as a safety net?? either way Andy dont take the Clyde tunnel to work anytime soon.

By not naming he has allowed every VAR official to be a suspect in this.

Maybe its as expected, they are looking for ways to apply the rules to suit the narrative instead of just applying them.

Or has he heard things on more than one occasion and is keeping his powder dry as a safety net?? either way Andy dont take the Clyde tunnel to work anytime soon.

He has to know by saying this they will go after him now…..so I’m thinking he has to have the evidence to back up his claim here…..and he surely must have some form of guaranteed protection against the inevitable backlash that’s to come.

There‘s something Machiavellian going on here I reckon, and there very well may be a sharp suited man playing a part in it all…

If I was going to cheat, I wouldn't get my self caught saying it into a device that was recording me....which flags up two possible issues....number 1, the refs aren't being recorded, at all, so are free to do what they want, and make up the rules, without scrutiny.....or, even worse, they are being recorded and their bosses are as bent and biased as they are. Either way, this will be swept under the carpet and nothing will happen.....unless clubs demand action and we all know that won't happen.

The referees are furious, have complained to the SFA, demanding that sky and other tv companies access to the VAR. conversations be removed……😡😡

I read that earlier. There is talk of getting rid of VAR....why? The technology works. The refs are the issue.
And now this....again, its the refs that are the issue, but rather than address that, they want to stop people hearing what they are saying!!!!!

The SFA are now wanting talks with Sky. Referees not happy. Is it an attempt to close down the narrative and put pressure on Walker? So I expect a clarification of some sort to dilute the seriousness of this. But either way, the cat is out of the bag now. It is time for Celtic and other clubs to speak up and get VAR and refereeing sorted out properly once and for all. Independend non Scottish officials is the only way forward.

The SFA are now wanting talks with Sky. Referees not happy. Is it an attempt to close down the narrative and put pressure on Walker? So I expect a clarification of some sort to dilute the seriousness of this. But either way, the cat is out of the bag now. It is time for Celtic and other clubs to speak up and get VAR and refereeing sorted out properly once and for all. Independend non Scottish officials is the only way forward.
Pod, cmon man. That will never happen. Number 1, they will close ranks. Number 2, they will go on strike affecting every game, league and non league, in Scotland from the grass roots up.

For me Brim, I hope they go on strike. It further exposes them to independent scrutiny from the wider footballing community. Thus highlighting and ridiculing what is going on. Hopefully it would also open the door for the introduction of foreign independent officials, which if successful could be continued into the future. It would place the SFA and SPFL in a terrible situation, which may force them to modernise their structures and organisation, from the Old Boys' Club into a fit for the modern game. Ultimately it will be the loss of money that will talk. I see this scenario as short term pain for long term gain.👍

Last edited:
For me Brim, I hope they go on strike. It further exposes them to independent scrutiny from the wider footballing community. Thus highlighting and ridiculing what is going on. Hopefully it would also open the door for the introduction of foreign independent officials, which if successful could be continued into the future. It would place the SFA and SPFL in a terrible situation, which may force them to modernise their structures and organisation from the Old Boys' Club into a fit for the modern game. Ultimately it will be the loss of money that will talk. I see thus scenario as short term pain for long term gain.👍
What about the cost of importing 'foreign' officials? I assume you mean English, Welsh, Irish, European even. As well as their wage we would have to pay expenses that would double triple, the cost.
Is that just for SPFL games?
So the scenario you are pitching is Scottish. Referees get to Ref lower league games but the real money is unavailable to them at the top level.
Is that realistic for anyone thinking of starting a career in Refereeing for the future?

Members online

No members online now.

Back