VAR watch.

The thing is, the refs have been miked up for many years now. But their conversations remain secret. For the last 20+ years at rugby internationals you could hire a radio device that was tuned into the refs mike so you could follow the entire match. They often broadcast the ref's explanations on the tv but refuse to do this for football.

Also, they show the TMO (VAR) replays on the big screen in the ground so the 3 refs and the TMO can all watch together (along with the fans, players, coaches, tv audience, etc) And you hear all of the refs chatting through their decision. This is much clearer to evrryone but for some unknown reaso the football lawmakers refuse to allow this.
This is exactly what it has to be BB. There’s really no excuse not to.

having watched the the James v Smith penalty, a few times James shot is going right towards the goal as it passes Smith who is facing James as it passes him his hand guides it out to the left the Ref is 8to10 feet away looking directly at Smith no one Is blocking his view yet He waves his hand and does his run back up the pitch He is listening to his earpiece why? Ok he could claim he did not have a clear view which he did VAR WOULD HAVE OR SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE CHANGE OF DIRECTION OF THE BALL AND INVESTICATED IT the whole thing is Joke

Last edited:
I just don’t get this ex ref Gallagher reviewed the Celtic penalty and said in the Premier League it would be a penalty but in Scotland they are more tolerant of where the arm is positioned I have never heard of this in my life, the rules of football are the rules they can’t change country to country and anyway Smith brought his hand to the ball but this rule in Scotland has me baffled and why was it made in the first place ????

I just don’t get this ex ref Gallagher reviewed the Celtic penalty and said in the Premier League it would be a penalty but in Scotland they are more tolerant of where the arm is positioned I have never heard of this in my life, the rules of football are the rules they can’t change country to country and anyway Smith brought his hand to the ball but this rule in Scotland has me baffled and why was it made in the first place ????
Cos Walsh and McLean want their beloved sevco to win the league. It really is that simple, I'm afraid.

Scottish Referee Rule Book

Rule 55. Section 16. Paragraph 90.

A penalty must be awarded if the ball should strike a players hand in his own penalty area, if hand is away from body or player moves hand towards ball so as to purposely stop ball from being crossed or a shot on goal. Unless player who crosses ball or attempts shot on goal is wearing a green and white hooped top, or incase of away strip, happens to be a fenian bastard, then penalty must not be awarded. Failure to comply with rule will result in referee missing turn on goat at next lodge meeting and instead suffer 7 minutes of hell locked in cupboard with Grand Wizard.

First question....is there anyone on the noise who thinks Celtic were just unlucky at the penalty decision and fell victim to "teething problems" (the new term that is quickly going to replace the honest mistake) or do we all fully accept that we watched our team be cheated, live on sky.

If we have all accepted the facts, we were cheated, then why is there complete silence from our board?
2 days have passed and it would appear that McLean and Walsh have got away with it. Which means they are free, and they have shown the rest of the brotherhood that they will also be free, to cheat us on a weekly basis.

The one puzzle is why Sky were able to instantly show us the VAR judgement on the Hearts goal which was onside (Shankland was indeeed in front of the 2nd last Celtic defender but was behind the ball when crossed, so he was onside), but they couldn't/wouldn't show the VAR lines proving Abada was offside. Did they even have time to review this borderline decision as Walsh told Hearts to restart the game immediately.

As you can see, it looks like Abada was onside as we suspected, but surely it should have be checked thoroughly as a goal decision deserves.

Screenshot_20221024-174821_Facebook.jpg

First question....is there anyone on the noise who thinks Celtic were just unlucky at the penalty decision and fell victim to "teething problems" (the new term that is quickly going to replace the honest mistake) or do we all fully accept that we watched our team be cheated, live on sky.

If we have all accepted the facts, we were cheated, then why is there complete silence from our board?
2 days have passed and it would appear that McLean and Walsh have got away with it. Which means they are free, and they have shown the rest of the brotherhood that they will also be free, to cheat us on a weekly basis.
Yes, we were unlucky... unlucky that we had corrupt referees in charge.

Scottish Referee Rule Book

Rule 55. Section 16. Paragraph 90.

A penalty must be awarded if the ball should strike a players hand in his own penalty area, if hand is away from body or player moves hand towards ball so as to purposely stop ball from being crossed or a shot on goal. Unless player who crosses ball or attempts shot on goal is wearing a green and white hooped top, or incase of away strip, happens to be a fenian bastard, then penalty must not be awarded. Failure to comply with rule will result in referee missing turn on goat at next lodge meeting and instead suffer 7 minutes of hell locked in cupboard with Grand Wizard.
My god lubo were did you get the orange hand book.

Surprise, surprise…

Steven McLean gets Sevco’s next game, Nick Walsh is the VAR.

Partners in crime from now on then??

Their reward for the efforts in the Celtic match.

Collum upset the huns, by making the correct decision, and he was demoted and didn't ref another one of their matches for months.

Those 2 cheat Celtic, get away with it (👏👏👏 to our esteemed board for that one) and their reward is the opportunity to make sure their favourite team win their next match, and a massive match in terms of their season.

Is this against Aberdeen?? Wonder how their board feel about it?? I've got a feeling there's going to be a lot of very upset sheep fans at the weekend, and not due to a poor performance by their team.

Back