We can all use a laugh

297034273_146903201303349_6388160189709669896_n.jpg

I used to work for a firm called Concrete Repairs. We were working on a remote water tower at Clatto Park on the outskirts of Dundee. We had thousands of pounds worth of equipment there. My gaffer decided we needed a security guard. The security firm said we had to have a portacabin and phone (afore mobiles) line before a guard could work there. My gaffer arranged for both.
A security guard called Angus duly appeared. He had with him a bottle of shampoo and an Alsatian dog. WTF thought I but said nowt.
This went on for a week, 5 O clock, Alsatian, Shampoo, Angus the Security guard.
The next week me and my gaffer are sitting in the portacabin having Oor dinner, the phone rings. It’s British Telecom asking if we were aware over £500 worth of phone calls had been made to a “choke yer chicken” phone line in the past week after 6pm.
It turns out Angus done this every job he was on and worked to pay his boss back. We didna want him, his dog or his shampoo on site again.
I try not to think too much aboot what on in that Buckie with Angus, the dog, shampoo and the chicken choking hotline.

Members online

Back