We can all use a laugh

have eating all that you said the tripe with onions,pigs trotters that left you’re fingers sticking togeather my Maws favourite was the biggest soup pot that could fit on the hob many a time sent to the butchers to ask for bones for the even when we didn’t have one then it was tota soup with just about anything you could think of any veg peas lentils in it went,Sunday it was stew which you weren’t allowed to get any until you came back from mash it was hard for families back then every meal was served with a load of bread to fill you up did not do us any harm well so far
Spot on Digger 👍 You didny get much of the dearer things like meat on your plate but it got filled up wi the cheaper veg and totties to make sure you had a full belly

308100403_8102143106524746_7321342405525890712_n.jpg

have eating all that you said the tripe with onions,pigs trotters that left you’re fingers sticking togeather my Maws favourite was the biggest soup pot that could fit on the hob many a time sent to the butchers to ask for bones for the even when we didn’t have one then it was tota soup with just about anything you could think of any veg peas lentils in it went,Sunday it was stew which you weren’t allowed to get any until you came back from mash it was hard for families back then every meal was served with a load of bread to fill you up did not do us any harm well so far
Thess days waens and adults are so picky Digger they dont realise how lucky they are to be able to turn their nose up at this or that , back then it was heres your dinner eat it or go hungry.

Thess days waens and adults are so picky Digger they dont realise how lucky they are to be able to turn their nose up at this or that , back then it was heres your dinner eat it or go hungry.
To nae such a thing as I don’t like it eat or starve was a lesson soon learned and as that was when everyone who could were out working so get yourself as it was no use waiting for someone to make it for you the good old days right enough

We were always given 2 choices at the dinner table, eat up and shut up or get up and shut up. I remember my brother moaning because it was spam with the chips one night instead of corned beef, so he got chased with nae dinner , next night we awe got stuck intae stew and tatties, my brother got a spam salad and chips 🥗😂😂😂🥗, never moaned again. 😂

Back