We can all use a laugh

308816755_10229207735236305_642773441119149714_n.jpg

Think the tattoo "artist" was just as pished as benny lynch used to be😂
Shocking that its taken right up to just about 5 year or so ago for Benny Lynch to have proper recognition memorial arch in his home Gorbals.

I was there the day it was unveiled under the bridge behind co-op at the cross of old rutherglen rd and hospital street.
The bridge you go under to the citizens ( nearly ready to open I think about 5 year later).
There's the statue one in central ( good wan) because 100,000 punters turned out to see him return with the world title belt.
Before that though in his home stomping ground all there had been was a rubbish wee shield/plaque on Florence Street attached to the back end of the old Adelphi school near the weir and that went when the old school was closed down ( then systematically stripped bare for copper pipes, copper wire, lead, ally, and the big dinner school sinks tae, from top to bottom even under the old swimming pool by yours truly and co), made a bloody fortune out of that and the scrappy under the brigait bridge did ever so well anaw ripping us off, there mustve been a dozen of us working right round the clock stripping it😂)
Wish I'd thought to take that plaque though I'm sure somebody else did.

Shocking that its taken right up to just about 5 year or so ago for Benny Lynch to have proper recognition memorial arch in his home Gorbals.

I was there the day it was unveiled under the bridge behind co-op at the cross of old rutherglen rd and hospital street.
The bridge you go under to the citizens ( nearly ready to open I think about 5 year later).
There's the statue one in central ( good wan) because 100,000 punters turned out to see him return with the world title belt.
Before that though in his home stomping ground all there had been was a rubbish wee shield/plaque on Florence Street attached to the back end of the old Adelphi school near the weir and that went when the old school was closed down ( then systematically stripped bare for copper pipes, copper wire, lead, ally, and the big dinner school sinks tae, from top to bottom even under the old swimming pool by yours truly and co), made a bloody fortune out of that and the scrappy under the brigait bridge did ever so well anaw ripping us off, there mustve been a dozen of us working right round the clock stripping it😂)
Wish I'd thought to take that plaque though I'm sure somebody else did.
Thats really shite its took so long for a proper memorial to the guy I remember the scrappy at paddy's market lol

Back