West Brom try to pip Celtic at the post with £3m Romaine Sawyers bid

:) Both names have been floating around for a few weeks. TV put up some clips of Cifuentes the other day and got my hopes up! Kinda got my heart set on it now. Hope it doesn't get broken...again!
Its supposed to be down to the work permit being granted. He has a better chance of a work permit up here than down south.

:) Both names have been floating around for a few weeks. TV put up some clips of Cifuentes the other day and got my hopes up! Kinda got my heart set on it now. Hope it doesn't get broken...again!
Wouldn't mind Quintero with him ( He'd scare opponents off the park ) and being greedy maybe Mustafazade as well :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Fair enough if they see a more secure future but can't help that wee feeling that Celtic messing about taking forever to get a signing finalised opens the door for other teams to come in an pinch them. Wish we were a bit more assertive in the transfer market an if you want someone go an pay the money an get him in the door pronto

TBF you cannot make a player come for the money only. Sometimes players see a better life down south away from the goldfish bowl. Plenty of palyers are clued up to the Glasgow way of life and choose not to be part of it.
I wouldnt disagree with that but I would say that money has been (i think anyway ) the reason why weve missed out on targets from the championship and lower tiers. Not the transfer fee that celtic are willing to pay, the wages that the likes of stoke and west Brom can pay to players near or nearing the twilight of their careers thanks to the parachute fund when they were relegated makes it no competition. If a player in late 20s decides to stay in the same division they've played most of their career in , then I'd put that down to money without aportioning any blame to the player. They can continue on playing fitba in the environment they know best without risking their career like Joey Barton almost did. Not many id guess are as arrogant as he and will know that this division is more difficult than its portrayed to be in the media. Why risk you're profession at that age in a different country's league where you may not be able to hack it? The only reason a player would do that is ambition. To challenge themselves. A desire to win things other than 1 or 3 pts. Sinky is a great example of that. He had loads of cash anyway and couldve gone to many if not any championship and some premier clubs, but chose to challenge his belief that he could play. At champions league level, rather than trouser the banknotes for the rest of his playing days. In games where afterwards, who cares if QPR lost 3--0 away to millwall , when both are 17th and 18th from 24 teams and safe from relegation. Occassionsly we'll get lucky with development fee players etc but we need to get real and stop being embarrassed by little clubs with telly cash, and they do see it as a coup over us when a player chooses to play for Salford v Burton over pushing for a European place like Rooney and Boyce ( bit of a rant scuesehme) ?

Fair enough if they see a more secure future but can't help that wee feeling that Celtic messing about taking forever to get a signing finalised opens the door for other teams to come in an pinch them. Wish we were a bit more assertive in the transfer market an if you want someone go an pay the money an get him in the door pronto
Tbf though we can be as assertive as we like but the player still has the option to listen to all offers before choosing whichever is best for them (agents). The club can do nothing about that. Here's a house with an indoor pool , a car and 10kpwk doesn't cut it anymore if we're trying to lure players from the English market.

we should'nt be going anywhere near the bloated english leagues,if we're expecting to unearth a "nugget" for £3 mill,forget it,we should be looking at scandinavia,central/eastern europe........jist sayin.
And you're right MD there's a nugget playing for derby that would probably cost £3 million for him now he's playing in the English championship Graeme shinnie solve our lb back up problem (bring back izzy any day fs ?)

Sorry for causing you to get your hopes up. The way I got over it was looking at his quality, then asking myself, would he come to Europe and choose the SPFL?

Sorted myself right out after realising that was as likely as Ashley leading sevco onto the pitch at Killie first game of the season.

Sad, but unfortunately he will have options that our league can’t provide.

Back