What are your expectations for the dawning of Ange, 2021/22

IMO sevco could have more to thank Eddie Howe for than their own people if they are lucky enough to win the league for the second time.
The way that guy was allowed to dictate to Celtic was bordering on bullying.
Who in their right sense gives a guy who has accomplished zero the keys of the kingdom and tells him to let himself in when he is ready.
Most of the new playing staff should be in place now,but we are Celtic and this is part of our make-up to be running the rule over what everybody else has deemed not good enough for them.
We are looking at 19 year old Croation centre back who we have never heard of,Japanese midfielder come centre back we have never heard of,I know he is supposedly out the door now but it reeks of Lawwell that no deals have been done.
Although I believe A.P. will do a very good job for us in his first season I dont think we can blame him if he fall,s short of what we expect or what we hope for..
No matter how this season goes I cannot see it being worse than last season and having said that I cannot see sevco having the same luck this season or the help they got from every corner of the Scottish government and The Scottish Football hierarchy who bent over backwards for them..

HH.
It's hard to judge how good/bad sevco were last season because we handed it to them on a plate. It will have been a false dawn if they are under the illusion that they can achieve anything like a quadtreble like the Celtic.

I think we'll fail to qualify for CL but hoping for a good showing in the EL group stages. The League will be a hard slog but I think we will overtake them early spring and win it. The cups would be a bonus and should be used to blood youngsters with a view to playing them more and more as the league progresses.

Not really expecting much, but a bit of passion and grit in, would be nice
Also I'd like to see young guys like Luca Connell, and Leo Hjelde given a chance to show what they can do
We have some right good talent in the ranks, and those who don't want to be a part of the rebuild should be shown the door
Big Ange will sort those guys out
A keeper and centre half are a must
A right back would be great and a centre forward would be on my wish list
It all comes down to the board loosening the purse strings
I don't think the manager will take any crap from anyone, and it remains to be seen, if he does get the backing
We will give him 100% support, just hope that extends to the boardroom

IMO sevco could have more to thank Eddie Howe for than their own people if they are lucky enough to win the league for the second time.
The way that guy was allowed to dictate to Celtic was bordering on bullying.
Who in their right sense gives a guy who has accomplished zero the keys of the kingdom and tells him to let himself in when he is ready.
Most of the new playing staff should be in place now,but we are Celtic and this is part of our make-up to be running the rule over what everybody else has deemed not good enough for them.
We are looking at 19 year old Croation centre back who we have never heard of,Japanese midfielder come centre back we have never heard of,I know he is supposedly out the door now but it reeks of Lawwell that no deals have been done.
Although I believe A.P. will do a very good job for us in his first season I dont think we can blame him if he fall,s short of what we expect or what we hope for..
No matter how this season goes I cannot see it being worse than last season and having said that I cannot see sevco having the same luck this season or the help they got from every corner of the Scottish government and The Scottish Football hierarchy who bent over backwards for them..

HH.
GS, fuck all came of it!

He was sized and measured, then came up wanting.

He tried to play hardball and got telt tae get tae........

No time for wannabes, mightbes, never will bes

We've got our man now...........up, up and away wie the lot o' thum

As soon as it's reported that Celtic are 'interested' in a player, there's sudden interest from around the globe for that player
Age has nothing to do with ability, if you're good enough, you're old enough and if we manage to sign the Japanese centre half who looks good by the way if you have seen him on youtube, he can move, win the ball on the ground and in the air, gets himself about and doesn't shirk tackles, and forget that we've signed guys before solely on youtube videos, the J league is no small league
The 19 year old Croatian, must be able to handle it too
How old was Kris Ajer when we signed him, he went out on loan and came back a solid player, a midfielder who was asked to ;lay as a centre half, same for Nir Bitton, he became a good utility man and I hope he stays to help steady the ship too
Let's wait and see how it pans out, before we start to go glass half empty
This has been a two year period like no other in the history of the world, and the fans need to chill out as these things take time
I'm happy that we are taking our time to get things right
HH

Going by the interview from youtube (posted on the ange thread) his teams don't really get up to speed till the 2nd season so we could be looking at anything being a bonus

See the CLQ coming to early would expect us to drop down to the europa league build and have a decent run ,the league will be interesting were not a bad team we just had a stinking attitude last year ,clear out the wantaways and blend in the youth before we end up losing them all

Would rather watch the youths given a chance there good enough it's bad management and bad decisions that's kept them back

Going by the interview from youtube (posted on the ange thread) his teams don't really get up to speed till the 2nd season so we could be looking at anything being a bonus

See the CLQ coming to early would expect us to drop down to the europa league build and have a decent run ,the league will be interesting were not a bad team we just had a stinking attitude last year ,clear out the wantaways and blend in the youth before we end up losing them all

Would rather watch the youths given a chance there good enough it's bad management and bad decisions that's kept them back
Enough of the self entitled who play in the jersey but not for it
Get rid of the duds, let the youngsters have a go during the season and see who steps up
We used to be a club who would bring on our young talent from within, lately we've seen them move on, to gain some playing time elsewhere

One thing I think is that this season, the players who try in training and get themselves fit, will be given a chance

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but I'd bet that big Ange won't put up with any freeloaders, who are just in it for the paycheque

Cab't wait to see how we line up and move from defence to attack
Had enough of the tippy tappy, sideways and backwards stuff, get the ball moving forward, faster

We need a captain who can motivate the rest, if you can't get yourself up enough to fight for Celtic week in, week out, then move on
Who knows, they might try to entice big Ajer to saty by giving him the captaincy, or CalMac as we've heard

I'm excited to see how this team comes together, and gets back to the top, if it takes a season or two, so be it

HH

Progress in Europe would be a plus. CL qualification seems a tough ask but not impossible and any kind of participation means more revenue. Couldn't care less about cups; all I want is the league and the automatic CL money that comes with it. If we have genuine desire throughout the organisation, from boot room to board room, we will prevail. No more life support for abomination FC.

Sounds as if Leigh Griffith is the first casualty of Ange's reign. Sad to see such a talent go to waste but sentiment and past glories do not merit a pay packet. The Alf Tupper syndrome does not work in 2021 and never has despite ancient comics.. Can we get through the second round qualifying? I am not confident but remain hopeful. It's a simple equation. Win three ties and we are in the lucrative Group stages. Fall at any hurdle and we are not. If we get to the Group stages then Ange will be a hero. Anything from there is a bonus. Crowds will be back and teams must once again fear coming to Celtic Park. We are the 12th man. We must get them through, I will cheer from 12,000 miles. If you really listen you will hear me. Winning the league this season leads to automatic group stage placing the following season. That is what I hope for.

Last edited:
Ffs when did we become Aberdeen

a Scottish season consists of playing a load of shite and playing an overhyped load of shite 4 times.

Wr should have enough now to beat most of them without signing anyone

Europe clearly a different story but expectations should be much higher than I’m reading

We are Celtic after all

The table didn't lie last season, no matter how you slice it, and no matter what excuses we make
They were shite, and we were even worse
The same players who won a Quadruple treble previously, finished in second place, by 25 points
The league title is the big one for me this coming season, anything else is a bonus
Imho, we need a goalie and centre half who command the box and clear out everyone including teammates who get in the way, as they come for the ball
Instill teamwork again in the squad and we'll see the thunder return to Celtic Park, along with the fans
I don't mind losing if every player gives 100% but as soon as someone starts with the Prima Donna stuff...have a seat son

HH

It's hard to judge how good/bad sevco were last season because we handed it to them on a plate. It will have been a false dawn if they are under the illusion that they can achieve anything like a quadtreble like the Celtic.
Bottom line is they were 25 points better than us TS. I agree they're not as good as they think they are, but what does that say about us ? 25 points is an embarrassment. BTW, I never thought we were a great team either when we were winning everything in Scottish football. We settled for being the best team in a very poor league. Our lack of GENUINE ambition has comeback to bite us on the posterior. I just want to see improvement in EVERY department. I want to see us ditch the parochial mentality and start thinking and acting like the massive club we are.HH

Bottom line is they were 25 points better than us TS. I agree they're not as good as they think they are, but what does that say about us ? 25 points is an embarrassment. BTW, I never thought we were a great team either when we were winning everything in Scottish football. We settled for being the best team in a very poor league. Our lack of GENUINE ambition has comeback to bite us on the posterior. I just want to see improvement in EVERY department. I want to see us ditch the parochial mentality and start thinking and acting like the massive club we are.HH
I never thought we were a great team either when we were winning everything in Scottish football. We settled for being the best team in a very poor league. Our lack of GENUINE ambition has comeback to bite us on the posterior.

Agree with that Frank ,in any sport you need a strong rival and for years we had it too easy .

Weve got a massive challenge to turn it all around there can be no doubt however. .. We've got supporters back in the arena and that is the first massive difference from last season's collapse. We've got a new manager who will lead by example and spend time on the training ground with a clear plan that can only improve us . We've got a new CEO who is looking to unite us. We've got no time to look back we've got to look forward . We've got to believe 🍀HH

The thing is, we don't have to turn around a 25 point deficit next season. We all start again on 0 points (unless a team goes into administration 😉, eh Phil Three Names).

It is just that sevco have a mostly settled side playing a style of football that they are familiar with. We will have a significant change in personnel and a manager trying to introduce his methods during matches that matter a lot. This will take time and the emphasis in improving fitness levels may hamper us at first as the players may be more tired. But given time and patience and we should reap the rewards of this hard work in the medium and long term.

I'm looking foward to this season but need to get a couple of prominent signings in the door in the next few days.

Last edited:
Back