What Message Would You Like to Send to Peter Lawwell and the Celtic Board

So with all that said, I ask again, would it not be a good idea to invest a few million on a better scouting set up??
Only if they cut costs first

spending is far too high on mediocrity and I have no idea how big our current scouting network is

and scouts cant sign players either they can say decent player

its then the finance who try sign him and in this market you get crud for millions

so better to train youngsters

so a better youth coaching set up might make more sense than mystery scouting system that may already be getting too much resources thrown at it.

no I dont think its out of limits to make it better

but its not gonna happen just by throwing money at it

if anything they might need to reduce the wage bill and squad then build better rather giving another so called big shot a gold card

I never suggested throwing money at it. I suggested investing money in it. Wisely. Not beyond the wit of a whole board of experts to plan and do it properly. I'm not asking for instant success either. It would be an investment for the future of the club....5 million for a player that can't get a game or 5 million on something that could go towards the future of the club...I know what I'd chose..

TET your becoming the profit of doom and just not buying it.
So by your calculations with 10m spent on Barkas and ajeti who both look hardly good value, that's us doomed then?
no stop twisting my words

what im saying is if they dont add value dont fecking sign them

if you think they do play them

but dont fecking just give the dude a higher wage coz we need a new player

Only if they cut costs first

spending is far too high on mediocrity and I have no idea how big our current scouting network is

and scouts cant sign players either they can say decent player

its then the finance who try sign him and in this market you get crud for millions

so better to train youngsters

so a better youth coaching set up might make more sense than mystery scouting system that may already be getting too much resources thrown at it.

Fair points but like me you have no clue about our scouting set up. But what we both know is it appears not to work very well.

I never suggested throwing money at it. I suggested investing money in it. Wisely. Not beyond the wit of a whole board of experts to plan and do it properly. I'm not asking for instant success either. It would be an investment for the future of the club....5 million for a player that can't get a game or 5 million on something that could go towards the future of the club...I know what I'd chose..
where is the scouting costs

you assume we dont have good scouts I dont know

but maybe none of therecommendations can be signed cause they dont want to play here without huge wages?

where is the scouting costs

you assume we dont have good scouts I dont know

but maybe none of therecommendations can be signed cause they dont want to play here without huge wages?

What do you mean where are the scouting costs. I've already said I'd rather put the money that goes on players like bayo into a better set up. Who ever is suggesting these players is useless in my opinion. So I would ask Pete if he thinks it could be better. And yes I am assuming a lot of things...just like you. I assume we could sign better. You assume they wouldn't come. Difference is I seem to need a 10 page dossier of facts on why I assume things and you don't. You just assume they won't come and that's that...

no stop twisting my words

what im saying is if they dont add value dont fecking sign them

if you think they do play them

but dont fecking just give the dude a higher wage coz we need a new player
Not twisting your words at all as we are still to hear anything on solutions and yet avoid any questions that are potentially viable solutions.
You seem very defensive of PL traitor for some reason which I am really struggling to understand why?

Fair points but like me you have no clue about our scouting set up. But what we both know is it appears not to work very well.
and im saying its cause to get the good euro talent you need to compete wage wise with the big guns and there is no guarantee they have staying power or ability to grow in value or cope with the pressures

id rather have 11 Scottish guys on park who love football than wee cracatoa fay Portugal who might be the next pele but his wages are 5 million a year and costs 15 million to take the chance

if we cant add better quality without offering over the odds

then sign a Scottish dude and give him chance

but its no how Celtic Fans work

they want the best of the best or relative

and that relative level gets lower every year in the market you are excluded from the bung tv deals

and im saying its cause to get the good euro talent you need to compete wage wise with the big guns and there is no guarantee they have staying power or ability to grow in value or cope with the pressures

id rather have 11 Scottish guys on park who love football than wee cracatoa fay Portugal who might be the next pele but his wages are 5 million a year and costs 15 million to take the chance

and that relative level gets lower every year in the market you are excluded from the bung tv deals

There is never any guarantees in football for anything. I don't care where the players come from if they are decent. Do you speak for ALL celtic fans?? You know how they ALL work. This season is a different monster. The 10 skewed things. If its gone then I'd say give the young guys a go. Not the best of the best. But give them a chance. We have wasted, imo, millions of pounds on players. I believe if we had a better set up to actually go out and watch these guys we could have found better than we did for the same or less money. You assume young players from near and far wouldn't come to us. You don't know....I don't know. But, again, I'd like to ask Pete if he thinks Celtic, as a football club, are doing their best to find talented footballers.

Not twisting your words at all as we are still to hear anything on solutions and yet avoid any questions that are potentially viable solutions.
You seem very defensive of PL traitor for some reason which I am really struggling to understand why?
im not defensive of the cunt

im just not accepting hearsay as fact

big difference

he needs sacked for his obfuscation of his vocal duty to communicate

but you might just find he is good at his job even if he gets paid a fortune and over the years has made club stronger and been well good value for money

which is what everybody claims they want

except with Peter you get what that really means is

and its obvious he is the problem

John McGinn blah blah blah blah

his job is to assess if the player is likely to be worth the outlay and also to offer a wage in line with club hierarchy of payments

if dude declines it its not evil Peter scuppered the deal

the dude doesnt want to sign for celtic and be a friggin millionaire

he wants to sign for av and be a bigger millionaire

he has a face that needs a slap

but thats same with every friggin ceos in world

and our next 1 willl have that same cringing sneer

they all do

its the hubris world

but if he is value added he value added

Your so way off the mark there TET, and again the excuse about TV money.
So Turnbull, Soro and frimps hold no value.
Connell, Welsh and Hendry have no potential to develop plus others.
We are grand if the coaching set up improves and to keep that conveyor belt moving the scouting set up also needs to improve imo

What a load of nonsense. We have a far higher wage bill than the teams that put us out of the CL qualifiers.
Apart from the big teams in the 5 big leagues, we can compete with wages.
When you don't get value for money is when a fucking accountant thinks he's a scout/direct of football & coach rolled into one. Who goes out and buys players who the manager doesn't want or need like shevd.
How much is PL on? Do we need him? If so whats the point in Bankier and do we need him

It's easy to just sit and say it can't be done. We don't have the money. No one wants to come here for the wages then demand that we prove you wrong by coming up with a million facts when you can't 100% say you're right. The fact is you know as much as us, and that's not very much, about what goes on in the celtic board room.

I haven't said anything of the sort

No I want to hear the better plan

thats what I want to hear

never in my life have I said keep lennon cause next guy might be worse

but facts are he is a manager with decent record with love for club and although I think he needs sacked I cant see this better manager being available without giving him a warchest

And if he aint better manager he could set club back years

now feck lawell sack the cunt
sack lennon too

but you might find the next option is fecking worse since its a bubble market and all players seem to bit overpaid crud even in epl

we need to take stock and make better decisions and if that means cutting loose the big earners and playing young guys from scotland and taking hit then so be it

but just willy nilly spending fecking millions on shite coz we need someone aint fecking working.

the millionaire players dont seem much better than the guys they get millions more than.
Any fucking plan is better than cosying with sevco.

What a load of nonsense. We have a far higher wage bill than the teams that put us out of the CL qualifiers.
Apart from the big teams in the 5 big leagues, we can compete with wages.
When you don't get value for money is when a fucking accountant thinks he's a scout/direct of football & coach rolled into one. Who goes out and buys players who the manager doesn't want or need like shevd.
How much is PL on? Do we need him? If so whats the point in Bankier and do we need him
you see black and white where its every shade of grey

lets sack the board

im all for it

sack the manager
im all for it he fecked up the 10

but this garbage in their league they pay less so we can afford him

no

you want him in your team he wants your top wage

suddenly the cheap wage player is not cheap wage player

so yes plenty of options on cheaper wages

but can they cut the pressure of big club must win must win

he shite sack him?

well they want big wages for that pressure even if they cant cut it

coz we have crud getting big wages why would he come to a backwater and accept less than crud

you just dont get it

but its everybody else who full of nonsense

players in europe hear celtic want them you really think they coming for Sparta Prague wages?

no they rather play for Sparta Prague if you only offering those wages

and even if you offer more they might detest the Scottish culture]

or the bit were you get holders chucked at you for losing a match

It's easy to just sit and say it can't be done. We don't have the money. No one wants to come here for the wages then demand that we prove you wrong by coming up with a million facts when you can't 100% say you're right. The fact is you know as much as us, and that's not very much, about what goes on in the celtic board room.
I haven't said it cant be done ffs

im saying signing these better players aint as simple as your making it out

thats no same as cant be done

and if lennon cant do it

what makes you think next guy can

because he cant make players sign for us if they want more. than we can afford

thats a big difference from doom and gloom

im saying no plan is worse than lennon and pl

and sack the board and lennon means you need new board then a new manager and unless your plan actually is better it was better before you sacked everybody

And all the problems began with signing of rodgers because he was too expensive and not good enough too boot

and the knock on has left the club in mess

so sack board for signing that rat

but remember that rat is reason club been in a bad state

he convinced ordinary punters that the advocaat system wins trophies

aye but then it kills your club

I haven't said it cant be done ffs

im saying signing these better players aint as simple as your making it out

thats no same as cant be done

and if lennon cant do it

what makes you think next guy can

because he cant make players sign for us if they want more. than we can afford

thats a big difference from doom and gloom

im saying no plan is worse than lennon and pl

and sack the board and lennon means you need new board then a new manager and unless your plan actually is better it was better before you sacked everybody

And all the problems began with signing of rodgers because he was too expensive and not good enough too boot

and the knock on has left the club in mess

so sack board for signing that rat

but remember that rat is reason club been in a bad state

he convinced ordinary punters that the advocaat system wins trophies

aye but then it kills your club
Well if your a player who would you rather sign for and play under a Neil Lennon or a Rodgers.
Why don't you ask the hibs or Bolton players

See you have made lots of assumptions here.

1 I am all for change, but until I see the better plan Im sceptical of its success
2 FF is a cesspit but you might notice slowly through repetition their claims get passed as fact on our boards, weird that.
3 the monster wages the lawell gets would not buy a single better quality player in our club unless they stumble upon a wanyama or vvd
4 Dubai aint my cup of tea but maybe it has benefits beyond a wee holiday?
5 the middle ground between our current level and liquidation is hard to find without decreasing your sellable assets even further due to must sell to survive. we dont make profits without cl and if we ratchet up risk much further we dont even make profits with champions league. there is no middle ground. we must do better on our current costings. which means offloading half hearted high wages and bringing in good replacements on similar if not lower wages. we are gonna lose potentially 20 million this season with the so called too safe option, maybe more.
6 id prefer smarter investment, but the investment needs to want to be part of the deal. if he asks too much its not smarter its stupider even if he appears occasionally a decent option.
7 where has the buy ridiculous plan been the plan?
8 players can usually only develop if they are playing at a better level more often, other teams are not getting better which adds to the overall decline of Scottish football due to the wage risks of holding good players.
9 must clubs refuse to sell until last minute in hope they get better offer, so unless you pay extra now you won't get them at the price ou want. its a two way street we dont sell Edouard for 20 million to first buyer just incase someone wants him for more when the trigger hour arrives. but say the club says feck it give us eddy now how much 40 million naw 30 million now ok done.

just cost you 10 million fine if you have spare 10 million and your in a league where 10 grows on trees but get it done quicker in Scottish backwater aint so easy also because agent then yes to up his wage demands since you just added 10 million to his value.

lots of complications lots of complications

not so easy to solve with money

Easy to get your club in a bigger mess though

just 1 shite signing could set5 you back 10 years maybe even burst you in a bubble market
1. Sorry TET, I am too busy with my day job putting together business plans for my employer and negotiating multi-million £ contracts to do Lawwell's job for him on a forum. And I would hardly share it with you lot in case Hoopy nipped in front of me and used my plan to get a the CEO job from DD.
2. You are more up to speed with FF than I am, but I cant remember any non-Trolls on here accusing PL of protecting paedos or running Scottish fitba as per you last post!
3. If you bothered to read my post you will have noticed I never said to use PL's wages to buy superstars. But seeing as Lawwell has the largest CEO salary in British football then he should be the best - our highest paid players are on less than 10% of the wages of the highest paid players in the EPL which is correct and yet our CEO earns more!
4. I'm sure Dubsi does have its merits - I notice you ignored my counter-proposal that putting the huge board bonuses towards a full size indoor pitch MAY provide an extended boost to our performances on the pitch during the cold Scottish winters.
5. There is no middle ground between our current business plan and liquidation??? Come on now - you have really jumped the shark on this point! And having the extra CL money may not result in more profit (boo fucking hoo) but we would have a much bigger budget and that more often than not means better players on the pitch!
6. & 7. The point you keep ignoring is that the are too many examples of us stalling on transfer negotiations for players in desperately needed positions and then we cave in and give the seller exactly what they wanted all along a couple of days AFTER we have been knocked out to try to appease the fans for the unnecessary failure. That is NOT a smart use of our budget IMO.
8. Players will NEVER develop into better players hetying splinters in their arses on the sidelines. It looks like we are away to lose another potentially fantastic youngster as Okoflex looks certain to leave for peanuts. If our business plan is to develop cheap youngsters and sell them for profit then appoint a coach/manager who is capable of doing this (clue: there may have been several unopenef CVs for just this type of coach in the drawer of our CEO when there last was a vacancy).
9. You keep stating thst you must buy late in the window to avoid paying over the odds as if this is some sort of unarguable fact. It isn't - it is just your opinion. We have repeatedly bought players 2 or 3 weeks after we started negotiations for the same value as the seller wanted initially - after we are knocked out. I have no doubt you can pick up some bargains at 11pm just before the transfer window slams shut. But buying players early, getting them integrated in training BEFORE they meet on the pitch in a vital game might actually be more beneficial than bringing them in after nearly a quarter of our season has passed. Target players that we actually need and we might get more value for money.

Of course there are no easy answers. But being paralysed by fear that every single decision you make is not guaranteed to be a success will never work out well, and certainly should not be the default position of such a highly paid Chief Executive!

Well if your a player who would you rather sign for and play under a Neil Lennon or a Rodgers.
Why don't you ask the hibs or Bolton players
why no ask the celtic players?

I dont rate lennon as good enough

but the guys who I think are better are way out of our revenue risk assessment

but thats just my opinion

I dont decide who we sign

But lennon cv is better than most of our previous managers and he just. not good enough

so who the feck is and what wage you giving him
what budget you giving him

and is it long term or just till we go burst?

Back