What Next For the Ange Revolution?

Scottish football is a joke and will continue to be a joke.
The SFA is run like a local bowling club.
There are 42 professional clubs in Scotland, with the majority not any bigger than the junior or Highland league clubs.
We don't have goal line technology , which has been in use since 2014.
We don't have VAR. The SFA say we can afford it , yet leagues such as Malta use it.
Until the SFA is reformed we will get worse and worse yo the point we will be like the league of Ireland or the Welsh league
Who the hell would want VAR?

We are nowadays BB, caught up in a game that is totally dominated by money sadly.
Biggest problem I see in Scotland is the total lack of development.
We have currently a big squad of youngsters without much chance of development and this still remains unaddressed.
Nearly every club isn't interested in this as it wouldn't pay for them long term which is a lack of investment, hench the game remains stagnant at grass roots level.
I hope Ange and especially Dom address this issue and make a stand against the diddy clubs who continue to stop the Scottish league from growing, as they remain shit scared of being shown up for the tossers they remain and yet seem to line there own pockets as such.

I think I’m right in saying that part of Gordon Strachan’s remit in his consultancy with Celtic.....is to look at ways the development of our young players and our youth coaching set up can be enhanced.....an excellent initiative for me.....let’s see what he comes up with...

I think I’m right in saying that part of Gordon Strachan’s remit in his consultancy with Celtic.....is to look at ways the development of our young players and our youth coaching set up can be enhanced.....an excellent initiative for me.....let’s see what he comes up with...
That's the one thing that's needing a major overhaul it's become stagnent with no direction or pathways set out for youth development we've lost so many youths due to lack of forsight

Very hard to keep the interest high without the incentive of any real competive matches to look forward to imo.
Just take Ewen Henderson, one of many as an example, who stand to only feature in a handful of games over nearly as many seasons, just don't seem right to me still

That's the one thing that's needing a major overhaul it's become stagnent with no direction or pathways set out for youth development we've lost so many youths due to lack of forsight
Wouldn't say its the foresight that's the problem kelly, more the resistance from diddy clubs having such a say still.
We have been in a position to run 2 teams for a number of seasons now, 3 this season and still the obvious gets refused and yet they as clubs have contributed fuck all to the national team and never will either so fuck them all imo

Wouldn't say its the foresight that's the problem kelly, more the resistance from diddy clubs having such a say still.
We have been in a position to run 2 teams for a number of seasons now, 3 this season and still the obvious gets refused and yet they as clubs have contributed fuck all to the national team and never will either so fuck them all imo

Too right!

Scottish Football needs gutted.....there’s far too many teams and far too many little men of self importance and self entitlement.....the number of teams needs to be drastically reduced..... a good start would be to completely overhaul the SFA.....which brings us back to self entitlement and self importance.....we need to get out of this fckn Masonic Football backwater.....that’s the answer for me...

.... and nobody who wants entertainment
I don't understand what you mean.
OK the way the EPL used the system last year was wrong but they have changed it for this season and it works a lot better. It was fine at the euros.
It all depends how you use it. It hardly destroying entertainment when refs miss say morelos kicking someone to win the ball & then scores. It's then called back for a free kick.
Or when Willie collum awards a penalty when he has his back to the ball & VAR
Tells him to not give it.
If you idea of entertaining is refs "honest mistakes" changing the outcome you would be better watch WWF

I don't understand what you mean.
OK the way the EPL used the system last year was wrong but they have changed it for this season and it works a lot better. It was fine at the euros.
It all depends how you use it. It hardly destroying entertainment when refs miss say morelos kicking someone to win the ball & then scores. It's then called back for a free kick.
Or when Willie collum awards a penalty when he has his back to the ball & VAR
Tells him to not give it.
If you idea of entertaining is refs "honest mistakes" changing the outcome you would be better watch WWF
You seem to be paranoid with the Rangers. They are irrelevant. Don't screw up the game of football just because you are afraid of the Ranjurs. We have managed fine with quadruple trebles and our second 9 in a row in spite of them. Just learn to score more goals and leave your paranoia aside. Stop trying to impose shit.

You seem to be paranoid with the Rangers. They are irrelevant. Don't screw up the game of football just because you are afraid of the Ranjurs. We have managed fine with quadruple trebles and our second 9 in a row in spite of them. Just learn to score more goals and leave your paranoia aside. Stop trying to impose shit.
Not just sevco. Every team knows that they can kick lumps out of celtic players with impunity, you just have to look at the shock on Alan powers face when he was sent off for a shocking tackle. His manager even said afterwards he normally gets away with stuff like that.
VAR will help protect our players

Not just sevco. Every team knows that they can kick lumps out of celtic players with impunity, you just have to look at the shock on Alan powers face when he was sent off for a shocking tackle. His manager even said afterwards he normally gets away with stuff like that.
VAR will help protect our players
As I said we have not done too bad in the last 140 odd years. I don't want the imposition of something that will be impossible to remove once installed. Ask any English football fan whether they would like to remove VAR. I certainly dont think that 3 months is enough to analyse whether VAR is getting better. How about we ask again in 5 years time.

I don't think VAR is being used properly even now. Last season was a disaster in the EPL with perfectly good goals being chalked off on technicalities, how can your elbow be offside as happened in one game. I agree it should be used to make sure there is no foul play in a goal and for penalty claims but why all the secrecy? In rugby you can clearly hear the video ref explaining his decision to the on field ref. Then there's the farce of the on field ref running over to a monitor.
I've said it before, we should give each Manager say 4 calls each on which decisions he wants reviewed by VAR, once they're used up that's it, it's the refs decision.
Managers would tell the 4th official who would signal the ref btw.

I don't think VAR is being used properly even now. Last season was a disaster in the EPL with perfectly good goals being chalked off on technicalities, how can your elbow be offside as happened in one game. I agree it should be used to make sure there is no foul play in a goal and for penalty claims but why all the secrecy? In rugby you can clearly hear the video ref explaining his decision to the on field ref. Then there's the farce of the on field ref running over to a monitor.
I've said it before, we should give each Manager say 4 calls each on which decisions he wants reviewed by VAR, once they're used up that's it, it's the refs decision.
Managers would tell the 4th official who would signal the ref btw.
I think at least that would be an improvement, but why not wait until the system has been refined to a point where it might even be useful? Say 5 to 10 years from now?

I think at least that would be an improvement, but why not wait until the system has been refined to a point where it might even be useful? Say 5 to 10 years from now?
Where are they going to refine it? What League? The EPL?
This was Ol Sepp Blatters argument against bringing in any technology. His argument was the laws of the game have to apply from the grass roots up.

So just remove it if it cannot be refined....... simple
As you said, I don't think many in England would disagree. However you cannot uninvent the wheel. I think it's here to stay. It must be refined and improved though, how is a different matter.

As you said, I don't think many in England would disagree. However you cannot uninvent the wheel. I think it's here to stay. It must be refined and improved though, how is a different matter.
We don't have it and don't really need it so it is not our problem. IF it ever was actually considered useful it might be worth revisiting. Just as a suggestion...... how about, in this day and age whert everything is scrutinised, we were to insist that any referee who had a very poor game was demoted to the lowest league for a minimum of 10 weeks. Cost nothing.
Imagine photos of Collum making a vital decision when his back was shown to be away from the game. El gordito would also be dealt with retrospectively as a matter of course and the referee demoted for failing to control the game in a safe manner. They (refs and assistants) all have communications devices.
Yellow card and red cards for refs.... why not.

Back