What player would you sign?

I dread to think how he would be treated here, from Derry and a Catholic, who won't wear a poppy to honour the people who murdered his neighbours. His life would be intolerable in Scotland. Tis shite that it's like this here. Got a feeling he's pretty tough mentally, he would need to be if he came here. He is a great player though and a Celtic man too.
Does he need the death threats, bullets in the mail etc though?
Rich

I dread to think how he would be treated here, from Derry and a Catholic, who won't wear a poppy to honour the people who murdered his neighbours. His life would be intolerable in Scotland. Tis shite that it's like this here. Got a feeling he's pretty tough mentally, he would need to be if he came here. He is a great player though and a Celtic man too.
Rich
Good point rich, but he gets all that shite in England too. I know Scotland would probably a lot worse. However Lennon got it too and still gets it, but mcclean can handle it.

Rich

Life in the premiership hasn't been without stick for the fella Richybhoy, he's had dogs abuse for years down there, but he's from Derry, the capital city of injustice (Bernadette Devlin quote) and they're made of good stock mate. He can handle anything the zombies or smsm throw at him.

whit aboot Adam Matthews,listenin tae Sunderland fan's they're mystified that he's not gettin a game,don't normally bother aboot other teams fans opinions,but they were cheerin like phuq when Congerton left!

The players in our league that have impressed me this year are Taylor at Killie, McKenna and Ferguson at Aberdeen. Souttar, Mulraney and Ikpeauzu at Hearts, Turnbull at Motherwell and McNulty at Hibs.

Abroad I like the Rosenborg full back Meling.

As for McLean I always thought he was a bit of a manchild but any time I've seen him play I've liked him. He'd give everything on the park and he's got baws and a love for the club to match his cojones!

The players in our league that have impressed me this year are Taylor at Killie, McKenna and Ferguson at Aberdeen. Souttar, Mulraney and Ikpeauzu at Hearts, Turnbull at Motherwell and McNulty at Hibs.

Abroad I like the Rosenborg full back Meling.

As for McLean I always thought he was a bit of a manchild but any time I've seen him play I've liked him. He'd give everything on the park and he's got baws and a love for the club to match his cojones!
I definately think ikpeazu could do a job for us

I'd take MccLean in a heartbeat, good solid midfielder who'll handle himself just fine up here.would wind up the scum as well. Wouldn't mind bringing young Turnbull from Motherwell either,,looks a star in the making to me.
Hes a fighter and gives 100% but is he good enough??Looks a bang average player to me.

I like James McClean but I don't think we need someone in his position.

We also have to be careful trying to sign players from our own league - from David Fernandez to Jack Hendry, I think we've signed more journeymen filler than first team stars. We need players to improve the first eleven.

The best thing about Lenny's first spell in charge was the recruitment. I remember wonder who his signings were: Hooper, Izzy, Kayal, Wanyama, Virgil, Ambrose (remember when he we dead good?), etc. It got to the point where I worried when we signed someone I'd heard of.

I can't wait to see the new fullbacks, centre half and striker that he can dazzle us with.

Members online

Latest posts

Back