Who could replace Neil Lennon

Lets be honest here.......I for one was over the moon when we appointed Rodgers....When he was at Liverpool, I thought, wow I would love him as a manager....and when he came to us, I thought.....we have done the impossible...getting a manager like Brendan Rodgers....the rest is history......but, when we got him, I was chuffed....so yes, maybe he was a Celtic minded, but we still got one of the best managers...and he delivered with the invincible season and more...So yes we can attract the best.....
At the time I was wanting Steve Clarke. I thought he was a good coach and thrre must be a reason why a succession of successful Chelsea managers all retained him as their assistant manager. Although he organises his teams well the football is fsirly tedious for those of us who love playing football the Celtic way. However when I heard Rodgers mentioned I couldn't believe he'd come to us, but he did.

What I know of Rafa is that he would totally "get" being a Celt (see what he did for the Justice For The 96 campaign) and probably isn't looking for his next big move to the EPL. Again his teams are very well coached. But there is are some massive BUTs.

Can we afford him, would he want a warchest (he didn't at Newcastle) to splash out on big money players we can't sustain over an extended period of time and would he want to come to us? I would hope we could get a young coach (not Kennedy - he is too toxic now - the only senior team coach I'd keep is Woods, the goalie coach) to learn from him to take over in 3 or 4 years time as part of a proper structured succession plan to build for the future.

Personally I think it is pie in the sky dreaming but I would be pleasantly surprised (astonished!!!) if it happened.

20201209_044926.jpg
What's the chances of Lenny stumbling upon this team & formation from now until January at least? I know a few eyebrows will be raised with the absence of Frimpong, Ajer, Laxalt, Brown, Christie & Elyounoussi but a big shake up is needed, things have went stale with the same constant selections.

This formation protects the defence as well as getting two up front, downside is no wingers but Forrest & Johnston are still a wee bit away, I've put Taylor in ahead of Laxalt because Laxalt is more of a wing back imo, don't forget as well that Elhamed at RB alongside Bitton & Jullien at CB was the defence that beat Sevco 2-0 last season.

It's make or break time, Lenny needs to be ruthless & make some big decisions to freshen the team up.

View attachment 12336
What's the chances of Lenny stumbling upon this team & formation from now until January at least? I know a few eyebrows will be raised with the absence of Frimpong, Ajer, Laxalt, Brown, Christie & Elyounoussi but a big shake up is needed, things have went stale with the same constant selections.

This formation protects the defence as well as getting two up front, downside is no wingers but Forrest & Johnston are still a wee bit away, I've put Taylor in ahead of Laxalt because Laxalt is more of a wing back imo, don't forget as well that Elhamed at RB alongside Bitton & Jullien at CB was the defence that beat Sevco 2-0 last season.

It's make or break time, Lenny needs to be ruthless & make some big decisions to freshen the team up.
El Hamed's offski! put Ralston in

Members online

Latest posts

Back