Who Next??? 🤔

In all honesty BB, i've kinda got over my annoyance at DD somewhat of late.

When Fergus sold up, DD underwrote the share sale, us fans had the opportunity to buy all of wee Fergus shares, didn't buy much and as underwriter, DD scooped them up. If you obtain an external underwriter, they take a huge fee for the risk (would have been 4-5 million/10-15%). So for eg. if it was a venture capital company instead of DD, the majority shareholder in our club would have been a faceless hedge fund.

The beginning of the end for Murrays time at the huns was when he tried to raise money, after all those years of success, we were hitting back and in order to keep the 'fiver for a tenner' going (no laughing at the back) he did something like a 70 million share issue, underwritten by the Murray Group. It was a couple of years after our share issues and we raised nigh on 100 million.
So he thought i'll have some of that. The huns fans took less than 5 million worth of shares, that landed him with a 65 million bill. All that did was tidy up Deidco's debt situation and passed it onto the Murray Group. He was beeling, but not as much as the bank. He took his sabattical shortly thereafter, in a mood as he realised the huns weren't willing to pony up at all and it also put the
Murray group in the shit. The EBT's followed shortly thereafter and the rest they say is history. He chased success still, but couldn't fund it.

So DD, he ended up majority shareholder because Fergus share sale was a flop with the fans. No dig at the fans, they'd put in 60-70 million over 2 or 3 previous share issues. But that is why we ended up with him in charge.

I think back to the MON days, he backed him to the hilt. The season of Seville, we lost 29 million quid, a third of our turnover that year. DD quickly realised that pushing the boat out that far was chasing a football trophy at great risk to the club.

Over the years the landscape has changed and we're cutting our cloth. I've read quite a bit on DD these last few years. Every company he owns, he put in a guy, pays top dollar for the best, expects results and with results provided, they get his loyalty. He hired PL shortly after Seville, get the finances in order, he did and he was rewarded well. PL original package was around 600k per annum. By the end, he was earning more money that the snake, thats how highly DD rated PL.
As supporters, we should really have no course to moan at PL/DD given their stewardship. I am sure if you put the trophy record together since PL was CEO, its unmatched throughout history.
There are those out there that may say aye but they were deed...... but the very fact we were the opposite of them shows they had a level of intelligence. I'm sure its been said that we were minutes from receivership before Fergus, it never happened, but i don't think people realise we were minutes away from a bank (run by same Murray pal, Gavin Masterton) owning Celtic Park.
These guys have been frustrating as fuck but by god, they've delivered success at no risk. They have also alienated the support with their arrogance and ivory tower behaviousr, but they have delivered.

Post MON, wee Gordon, took a 1/3rd off the wage bill, bought players with less vowels and delivered European success that the messiah MON couldn't with the most expensively assembled team ever. MON was revered, history tells me McLeish won more trophies v MON with freebies and a huns team in decline. Wee Gordon was never taken to.

Tony Mowbray was a balls up, but he was welcomed at the time. Lennon delivered and left. Ronny was a free hit, why pay 2.5 million to win a league when this guy could do it for 500k. They then got the snake, despite the end, they got the top guy, paid the bucks and got the rewards. left in the lurch, got Lenny who delivered that season and the next. Then that year happened,. The Howe thing ended up a disaster, but you can see now why the went all out. The job Eddie Howe has done this year is the job Ange would love to acheive at them this year. So they got Ange.

My rambling rewrite of history is really to show that they have hardly put a foot wrong in regards to getting the biggest decision correct. Mowbray was a disaster but there was no real opposition. Say what you want about that year, but i think the mistakes made were above Lennons i.e. the signings made and keeping players that wanted to leave.

So in the main, they've fucking smashed it really. A thing i note is DD has really always been the man front and centre when selecting a manager. Every manager has spoken of this, he does the interview and makes the decisions on that front, i.e. DD knows, if we get this right, the rest will take care of itself. Every manager has also spoken of the support he has given.

Now there are a ton of things that have pissed me off over time, the Tories, Resolution 12, signings, lack of a cohesive preparations etc.

But in the main, we have a fucking cheek to complain given the success and the domestic success we have achieved. We have smashed the huns to the point of another extinction events, have a stadium to be proud of, the only standing section in UK and a squad that is worth more than than the rest of the clubs in Scotland combined.

But again, we're a fickle bunch us Celtic supporters...... Lenny villified, Ange welcomed, wee GS never taken to, MON revered, ffs theres even people that would take the snake back.

My point being, a large element of the Celtic support are always going to find excuses to be unhappy and find people to dislike. I remember people questioning McGregor, i've seen the apathy for James Forrest, the player not the mouthpiece. Its the way of life.
Sack the board was heard for months until Ange came in. Hasn't been heard for months, until now and they're front and centre.

I'd ditch the lot of the Tory cunts now, for that reason, but thats personal. I remember a kid and the sack the board movement had a reason to thrive, they were fucking hopeless. i remember a time when each and every one of us would settle for the league every year ....end of.
if DD's stewardship was rated on sporting achievements he would win most successful club owner ever, but even with a 90% trophy win rate over the last decade, within our family there are those that will never be happy despite that record.

But as it stands, we have 35 million in the bank, a squad worth what...every domestic trophy in the bag and a free pass into the CL. Whats not to like...

The other slant to take is it could have been an Ashley type, utterly dis-interested.
The other example is the Glazers. These guys bought Man U for roughly £800 million. Put up £200 million of their own money and saddled the club with a debt of £600 million. Straight away, the club had to cover £60-£80 million per annum in interest payments on their loan. In a non CL year, our turnover is roughly the level of those annual interest payment. Imagine, the first £60-£80 million your club makes, no matter how big, is paying interest on the owners buying it. 15 years later, the cost is over a billion, thats a billion that the football club has lost to them buying the club. Now they'll make 4-5 billion and sell to a fucking Arab......

I'll take the Irish guy, thats grand
2 great posts today.... Winters and this one. Much appreciated

Last edited:
FFS, some epic essays on this thread, trying too avoid the kids on WhatsApp Group my lads are having woman issues, trying tae avoid the Grandweans on their groups, they're just looking for answers I canny answer & the BuspassUltras group, they've got woman issues,,,oh aye & ignoring MrsTT msg especially 😜

This fuckin hot weather's got a lot to answer for 😳

Where you the janny at smellys school Dill ? 🤔😂
You're getting fucking banjo'd for that, ya cheeky cunt :ROFLMAO:
When I went to St Columba's it was the days of haversacks, which were handy for 'skiting' aff the posh fannies, with their briefcases
You know, the ones who got dropped off in their parents cars, rather than travel on the school buses with the rest of the 'geniuses'
Also the types who 'holidayed' in exotic places like Troon, and the Trossachs
Young Columba Ya Bas
St. Columba's.jpg

You're getting fucking banjo'd for that, ya cheeky cunt :ROFLMAO:
When I went to St Columba's it was the days of haversacks, which were handy for 'skiting' aff the posh fannies, with their briefcases
You know, the ones who got dropped off in their parents cars, rather than travel on the school buses with the rest of the 'geniuses'
Also the types who 'holidayed' in exotic places like Troon, and the Trossachs
Young Columba Ya Bas
View attachment 22916
I wore the same badge as you know Dill along with yersel and the G-love ....Happy days and interesting to see that we all had some lovely nuns to look after our well being as good tims back in the day in Greenock RC schools.
Three different generations but we all relate and know people of each.
It's a small world but great to be a Celt 💚🤍💛

I wore the same badge as you know Dill along with yersel and the G-love ....Happy days and interesting to see that we all had some lovely nuns to look after our well being as good tims back in the day in Greenock RC schools.
Three different generations but we all relate and know people of each.
It's a small world but great to be a Celt 💚🤍💛
The seat of learning from our formative youth
And the place of nightmares throughout the years after leaving
HH
Columba 2.jpgColumba 3.jpgColumba 1.jpg

In all honesty BB, i've kinda got over my annoyance at DD somewhat of late.

When Fergus sold up, DD underwrote the share sale, us fans had the opportunity to buy all of wee Fergus shares, didn't buy much and as underwriter, DD scooped them up. If you obtain an external underwriter, they take a huge fee for the risk (would have been 4-5 million/10-15%). So for eg. if it was a venture capital company instead of DD, the majority shareholder in our club would have been a faceless hedge fund.

The beginning of the end for Murrays time at the huns was when he tried to raise money, after all those years of success, we were hitting back and in order to keep the 'fiver for a tenner' going (no laughing at the back) he did something like a 70 million share issue, underwritten by the Murray Group. It was a couple of years after our share issues and we raised nigh on 100 million.
So he thought i'll have some of that. The huns fans took less than 5 million worth of shares, that landed him with a 65 million bill. All that did was tidy up Deidco's debt situation and passed it onto the Murray Group. He was beeling, but not as much as the bank. He took his sabattical shortly thereafter, in a mood as he realised the huns weren't willing to pony up at all and it also put the
Murray group in the shit. The EBT's followed shortly thereafter and the rest they say is history. He chased success still, but couldn't fund it.

So DD, he ended up majority shareholder because Fergus share sale was a flop with the fans. No dig at the fans, they'd put in 60-70 million over 2 or 3 previous share issues. But that is why we ended up with him in charge.

I think back to the MON days, he backed him to the hilt. The season of Seville, we lost 29 million quid, a third of our turnover that year. DD quickly realised that pushing the boat out that far was chasing a football trophy at great risk to the club.

Over the years the landscape has changed and we're cutting our cloth. I've read quite a bit on DD these last few years. Every company he owns, he put in a guy, pays top dollar for the best, expects results and with results provided, they get his loyalty. He hired PL shortly after Seville, get the finances in order, he did and he was rewarded well. PL original package was around 600k per annum. By the end, he was earning more money that the snake, thats how highly DD rated PL.
As supporters, we should really have no course to moan at PL/DD given their stewardship. I am sure if you put the trophy record together since PL was CEO, its unmatched throughout history.
There are those out there that may say aye but they were deed...... but the very fact we were the opposite of them shows they had a level of intelligence. I'm sure its been said that we were minutes from receivership before Fergus, it never happened, but i don't think people realise we were minutes away from a bank (run by same Murray pal, Gavin Masterton) owning Celtic Park.
These guys have been frustrating as fuck but by god, they've delivered success at no risk. They have also alienated the support with their arrogance and ivory tower behaviousr, but they have delivered.

Post MON, wee Gordon, took a 1/3rd off the wage bill, bought players with less vowels and delivered European success that the messiah MON couldn't with the most expensively assembled team ever. MON was revered, history tells me McLeish won more trophies v MON with freebies and a huns team in decline. Wee Gordon was never taken to.

Tony Mowbray was a balls up, but he was welcomed at the time. Lennon delivered and left. Ronny was a free hit, why pay 2.5 million to win a league when this guy could do it for 500k. They then got the snake, despite the end, they got the top guy, paid the bucks and got the rewards. left in the lurch, got Lenny who delivered that season and the next. Then that year happened,. The Howe thing ended up a disaster, but you can see now why the went all out. The job Eddie Howe has done this year is the job Ange would love to acheive at them this year. So they got Ange.

My rambling rewrite of history is really to show that they have hardly put a foot wrong in regards to getting the biggest decision correct. Mowbray was a disaster but there was no real opposition. Say what you want about that year, but i think the mistakes made were above Lennons i.e. the signings made and keeping players that wanted to leave.

So in the main, they've fucking smashed it really. A thing i note is DD has really always been the man front and centre when selecting a manager. Every manager has spoken of this, he does the interview and makes the decisions on that front, i.e. DD knows, if we get this right, the rest will take care of itself. Every manager has also spoken of the support he has given.

Now there are a ton of things that have pissed me off over time, the Tories, Resolution 12, signings, lack of a cohesive preparations etc.

But in the main, we have a fucking cheek to complain given the success and the domestic success we have achieved. We have smashed the huns to the point of another extinction events, have a stadium to be proud of, the only standing section in UK and a squad that is worth more than than the rest of the clubs in Scotland combined.

But again, we're a fickle bunch us Celtic supporters...... Lenny villified, Ange welcomed, wee GS never taken to, MON revered, ffs theres even people that would take the snake back.

My point being, a large element of the Celtic support are always going to find excuses to be unhappy and find people to dislike. I remember people questioning McGregor, i've seen the apathy for James Forrest, the player not the mouthpiece. Its the way of life.
Sack the board was heard for months until Ange came in. Hasn't been heard for months, until now and they're front and centre.

I'd ditch the lot of the Tory cunts now, for that reason, but thats personal. I remember a kid and the sack the board movement had a reason to thrive, they were fucking hopeless. i remember a time when each and every one of us would settle for the league every year ....end of.
if DD's stewardship was rated on sporting achievements he would win most successful club owner ever, but even with a 90% trophy win rate over the last decade, within our family there are those that will never be happy despite that record.

But as it stands, we have 35 million in the bank, a squad worth what...every domestic trophy in the bag and a free pass into the CL. Whats not to like...

The other slant to take is it could have been an Ashley type, utterly dis-interested.
The other example is the Glazers. These guys bought Man U for roughly £800 million. Put up £200 million of their own money and saddled the club with a debt of £600 million. Straight away, the club had to cover £60-£80 million per annum in interest payments on their loan. In a non CL year, our turnover is roughly the level of those annual interest payment. Imagine, the first £60-£80 million your club makes, no matter how big, is paying interest on the owners buying it. 15 years later, the cost is over a billion, thats a billion that the football club has lost to them buying the club. Now they'll make 4-5 billion and sell to a fucking Arab......

I'll take the Irish guy, thats grand
Thanks for your informant post S-l I knew most of it in bits and peace's including buying shares as did my brothers, but you put in perspective through a time line. Well done HH

Read it Gary. Safer bet than Maresca. At least he's had good experiences with Norwich.
Certainly a safer bet than Maresca but not exactly inspiring. The fact we are at the stage of 'not as bad as Maresca' is a depressing state of affairs. There are plenty of candidates out there who would excite the fan base, unfortunately none of them are now being linked.

Daniel Farke (German pronunciation: [ˈdaːni̯eːl ˈfaʁkə, -ni̯ɛl -]; born 30 October 1976) is a German professional football manager and former player who played as a forward. He was most recently the head coach of German Bundesliga club Borussia Mönchengladbach.

He spent most of his playing career with SV Lippstadt, where he also began his management career. After a spell at Borussia Dortmund II, he led Norwich City for four years, twice winning the EFL Championship. In January 2022 he was appointed as head coach of Russian Premier League club Krasnodar, but resigned two months later due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

NEXT

I wonder if there is someone out there that would get the whole of the supporters saying... Yip he's the mhan for us...

Daniel Farke, twice got Norwich relegated but is now being rated higher than Maresca, more experience granted but as we all know you will need a lot more than that, done OK I suppose with yon "German Team", whoever gets the job I just hope plans B@C are not to repeat plan A... Especially away from home in Europe, I'm all for all out attack here but we need someone with a bit of defensive style again imho...

I'm sure our board will do due diligence on all the candidates then pick whomsoever the tash tells them 🤔😜...

Still please no Brendan...

I wonder if there is someone out there that would get the whole of the supporters saying... Yip he's the mhan for us...

Daniel Farke, twice got Norwich relegated but is now being rated higher than Maresca, more experience granted but as we all know you will need a lot more than that, done OK I suppose with yon "German Team", whoever gets the job I just hope plans B@C are not to repeat plan A... Especially away from home in Europe, I'm all for all out attack here but we need someone with a bit of defensive style again imho...

I'm sure our board will do due diligence on all the candidates then pick whomsoever the tash tells them 🤔😜...

Still please no Brendan...
Throw your name in the hat50 😄😄

Back