who wishes K.T well and who has the bile?

still a Celtic fan

• yes

Votes: 34 89.5%
  • no

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes he’s a Celtic fan. Who the fuck does anybody expect him to support? Because He, not the board wanted to move on, doesn’t mean he suddenly isn’t a fan of the club.

I was dissapointed that he chose now. I initially was a bit angry that he was even thinking about it, but I knew his silence was confirmation he wanted to go, no matter how much I tried to talk myself out of it.

I truly believe in years to come, he will sit and think he should have given us two more seasons and enter the small band of true heroes. That’s gone now.

Maybe, like all of us,I am projecting how I feel and think I would have reacted onto him. But, I’m not him. I don’t have the football world at my feet. No one is offering me £75k a week and nobody is asking me to play in a bigger league. Although they fucking should, as I’ve still got it.

How do I feel today as the dust settles? Sad mainly. I don’t feel hate toward him, I will never feel hate toward him and the reason is I thought of him as my own son, the way we would want all our sons lucky enough to play for Celtic to play and fight.

I would never hate my actual sons for taking a decision their faithir disagreed with. That’s not love. So if people hate him now, my belief is the kind of love they had wasn’t real love. Not the kind of love I would ever want anyway.

Maybe the definition of love is different now. But to me you don’t abandon those you love because they make a choice to move away.

I have sadness but that’s football life. I hope he does well, for selfish reasons too, he moves from Arsenal and we get more money for Lawell to stitch into the curtains.

One of the saddest things though is how the bile is being lapped up by Sevconians everywhere.

Good luck son. I will still give you a hug if I ever bump into you.

Last edited:

Comrade

KT may very well have had a short career in the SPFL..... every hun bastard was looking to put him in hospital.....he got targeted because he was the uppity fenian who tied his colours to the mast.....his injury problems were not bad luck.....he got no protection whatsoever from the MIB.....quite the opposite.....I am truly sorry to see him go.....but it may well have been for the best for him and for Celtic.....I wish him well.....have a wee rethink maybe? I hope so.

Where’s colours when money’s on the table.

He faces what they all face

I think like many fans I am torn on this. I loved Tierney for his skill and passion so very sad to see him leave. Disappointed yes, as I hoped he would be here as we tried for 9IAR & 10IAR but not hating on him for his decision to leave. I'm sure most people will calm down in the future and welcome him when he returns to Paradise either as a fan, player or manager.

I guess when the £25m buy-out clause was inserted Celtic thought this was a large amount of money, but transfer fees have rocketed since then so it is a bargain for such a talented player. We need yo future-proof these clauses by marking them up 33%+ or insert an annual % uplift to ensure we aren't caught out again for our highly sought after youngsters.

There is no doubt in my mind he is a passionate Celtic fan. But how can a fan walk away from his club at this time? None of us would! But I guess that is the difference. There are tens of thousands of boys all desperate to become professional footballers but only a small amount make it. And only a handful make it to this high level - and these usually aren't the most skillful ones but the most ruthless and dedicated boys.

They make multiple sacrifices as they grow up that the rest of us didn't and end up with mind-blowing rewards IF they make it. So they are the ones that are able to separate their feelings from hard-nosed business decision making that we struggle with.

As has also been pointed out, he was targeted by our hammer throwing opponents with no potection from the authorities being paid handsomely to do this. In the cup final, Stockley (who his own fans christened "Elbows" as he was involved in half a dozrn other elbowing incidents & multiple red cards that season alone) broke his jaw and forced his teeth through his lip with a premeditated elbow smash to the face. No foul, no red card, no retrospective action from the SPFL!

And this deliberate attempt to cripple him was only seen as a yellow which the ref administered very reluctantly.

Attachments

• 20190809_115609.jpg
    20190809_115609.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 3
wee musical interlude
Oh my father was a rangers fan
and he went to sunny Spain to fight the Spanish polis never to be seen again
now my mother's got a fancy man and I don't like the look of him
his eyes are green and his hair is gold
in fact he's a fucking tim.
sang to the tune of the sash. Enjoy ???

He didn't ask to be offered life changing wages.

Celtic cannot match the Subsidised wages of the big league cartels, and since we can't match the wages its only right and proper to allow a player to get better paid for his talent if his talent is head hunted.

The 25 million price received for an academy player makes that investment worthwhile.

I will always love the guy for his passion and talent.

I blame sky tv and Eufa for league fixing.

Had he asked to leave cause his wage is too low I might be inclined to frown,

But his talent deserves to be paid the subsidised wages since he better than most of the players getting the big bucks.

he may well have been on life changing wages at Celtic but in comparison to other players of his talent he is not getting paid well enough.

And despite the massive size of Celtic, the 100 million per team in the top leagues from satellite tv dwarfs the finance of one of the best supported teams on the planet.

West Ham income last season without Europe approx 180+ million

Celtic with many games in Europe approx 100 million

Sevco probably around 40 million

I would say sevco should really be bringing in more revenue than West Ham.

But even if you take the 100+ million from sky West Ham get twice as much revenue of Sevco with 50k fans every game and a decent run in Europe.

West Ham have 3 players at least on 100K per week and nearly rest of first team get 50K+

thats without bonuses

Im no sure Celtic can afford 50K per week even with bonuses but who knows?

Keiren I wish you all the best son.

You will always be a hero to me.
I dont understand this "subsidised" payment rubbish that people keep going on about, Sky Sports/BT Sports pay the SFA what they think the TV deal is worth, me personally thinks it's a pittance, but they signed on the dotted line anyway. SKY/BT Sports offered the EPL what they thought was the best deal, so the three of them signed on the dotted line. Why don't we Scottish football supporters just accept THAT and move on and stop blaming the EPL for our bad TV deal.

I think it's an entirely loaded question. It's not evident of emitting 'bile' to simply say that you don't believe it's necessary to crawl up the lad's arse in this weird sycophantic way that some Celtic fans have done. I'm not talking about people who are simply 'wishing him well', even if I will reserve my well-wishing given the context of his departure (I don't wish any ill on the boy, it must be said), but rather those who feel this bizarre need to go around and police how we react to the departure of our former left-back.

If people feel as if KT sold out for shitloads of cash at a pivotal time in the history of the club, they're entitled to feel this way without being accused of producing 'bile' about it. Not only are they entitled to feel this way, but given Tierney is a Celtic fan who understands as well as anyone here how much 9 and 10 means to us, and given he wasn't being forced out the door by the club and could've easily stayed to fight for 9 and/or 10 while still getting a mega-bucks move away, it's kinda hard to refute what they're saying.

So, yes, I now think of KT in the same way I might think of any other good player playing for a rival team, with a tinge of hurt that he left within the current context of 10-in-a-row and his self-described status as a hardcore Celtic fan.

I consider none of this to be 'bile'

So using that logic the Lions are only legends as a team?
Yes that’s why there known as the Lisbon lions, individual legends stand out more that’s why Cesar and Jinky have statues. Just like the legendary run to the europa league final the individual stand out legend was Larsson. The team as a collective are Legends. The quality street gang ect. That’s how I look at it chief

I dont understand this "subsidised" payment rubbish that people keep going on about, Sky Sports/BT Sports pay the SFA what they think the TV deal is worth, me personally thinks it's a pittance, but they signed on the dotted line anyway. SKY/BT Sports offered the EPL what they thought was the best deal, so the three of them signed on the dotted line. Why don't we Scottish football supporters just accept THAT and move on and stop blaming the EPL for our bad TV deal.

+1

We accept the deal. Our league is shit in terms of interest. Apart from Sevco games and possibly a couple of others, nobody outwith here watches it. People watching and buying it dictates it commercial value. Do we deserve more, yes we do, but the EPL is a much in demand product. Ours isn’t.

Does anybody think Sky is losing money? No they aren’t, that league generates big money, the clubs get a big wedge of that money. Why wouldn’t they?

Does it inflate prices for average players? Yes. Does it squeeze us out of competing with provincial diddy teams? Yes it does. Do our best players get sold cheaply because not a single cunt rates our league? Yes, we saw it this week.

What do we do? Continually moan about the big bad Sky and the EPL? Well, we could but that’s just a waste of fucking time.

We have a route to big money and have done for the last 8 years. It’s rhe CL. We qualify for that every year and we are back in the race to get better. Do our board do their utmost to give us the players to make this process easier? Well I don’t need to answer that, do I?

Let’s get back to the reality of our situation. It’s not Sky, or the EPL, it’s us and the CL. 3 round completed and only 1 player takes the field. Our worst player. We get ourselves sorted out by bringing the quality in we have been promised and our income goes up £60m a year. That’s our reality. That’s in our hands. So let’s stop blaming every cunt and their aunty and focus on what our club should be doing.

The let’s hope strategy is a fucking farce. We have a lot of cash making Fuck all in the bank with low interest rates. Investing in quality will see us getting a return on our investment as well as enabling us to qualify for the CL and smash our enemies at home.

Another £25m in the tin. If it’s still there come the end of this window, it won’t be Sky or the EPL I will have in the crosshairs.

That’s the only way he can redeem himself in my eyes, enjoy making his money in England for 5 years, run down his contract and then return with still a few years of his prime years. He’s fan of the club for sure but not a big enough fan to stay for 2 seasons longer and make history.
Sorry Aidy we hopefully do 10 but he has absolutely made history as part of a treble treble. There is always more history to make.
I actually think your comment re do his five years and come back is highly likely. Just hope I see it ?
HH

Yes that’s why there known as the Lisbon lions, individual legends stand out more that’s why Cesar and Jinky have statues. Just like the legendary run to the europa league final the individual stand out legend was Larsson. The team as a collective are Legends. The quality street gang ect. That’s how I look at it chief

Fair enough. But that doesn’t mean that’s the way it is. I think they are all legends.

Yes he’s a Celtic fan. Who the fuck does anybody expect him to support? Because He, not the board wanted to move on, doesn’t mean he suddenly isn’t a fan of the club.

I was dissapointed that he chose now. I initially was a bit angry that he was even thinking about it, but I knew his silence was confirmation he wanted to go, no matter how much I tried to talk myself out of it.

I truly believe in years to come, he will sit and think he should have given us two more seasons and enter the small band of true heroes. That’s gone now.

Maybe, like all of us,I am projecting how I feel and think I would have reacted onto him. But, I’m not him. I don’t have the football world at my feet. No one is offering me £75k a week and nobody is asking me to play in a bigger league. Although they fucking should, as I’ve still got it.

How do I feel today as the dust settles? Sad mainly. I don’t feel hate toward him, I will never feel hate toward him and the reason is I thought of him as my own son, the way we would want all our sons lucky enough to play for Celtic to play and fight.

I would never hate my actual sons for taking a decision their faithir disagreed with. That’s not love. So if people hate him now, my belief is the kind of love they had wasn’t real love. Not the kind of love I would ever want anyway.

Maybe the definition of love is different now. But to me you don’t abandon those you love because they make a choice to move away.

I have sadness but that’s football life. I hope he does well, for selfish reasons too, he moves from Arsenal and we get more money for Lawell to stitch into the curtains.

One of the saddest things though is how the bile is being lapped up by Sevconians everywhere.

Good luck son. I will still give you a hug if I ever bump into you.

☝️☝️☝️☝️ this

Sorry Aidy we hopefully do 10 but he has absolutely made history as part of a treble treble. There is always more history to make.
I actually think your comment re do his five years and come back is highly likely. Just hope I see it ?
HH
Yes agreed. But I believe for most Celtic fans getting 10iar is 2nd only to 1967’s triumph in the clubs history. So it’s a pretty big deal and for a fan good enough to play for Celtic to walk away from that is crazy and shows KT wasn’t really a big a fan as a lot of us thought.

Fair enough. But that doesn’t mean that’s the way it is. I think they are all legends.
Your way of looking at it buddy, but for me a player like dorus de vries or Boyata won’t go down as Legends in my eyes. An ok back-up keeper and decent defender that we’re both part of the Treble Treble team.

K.T is gone he's left a parting gift to the club, £25 million is he a moneygrabber or someone who hold's the club close to his heart,votes and thoughts please
He didn't push forthe move but honestly who can blame him for wanting to play in the EPL? Scotland's most expensive player ever and a defender at that. Loved his interview. I suspect that the board/shareholders pushed this through. Still he was going on our terms. Now English and European clubs see the quality they get if they buy from Celtic is undeniable none of our top talents will ever go for less than the club demands.if this transfer has shown us Anything it's that. HH good luck KT I'm positive you'll take that division by storm and now you've signed for Emirates f.c overnight you're suddenly worth 80million , rumours that weve insisted upon a 15% sell on clause shows the power we now have in transfer dealings . A club on the up are we HH

Yes agreed. But I believe for most Celtic fans getting 10iar is 2nd only to 1967’s triumph in the clubs history. So it’s a pretty big deal and for a fan good enough to play for Celtic to walk away from that is crazy and shows KT wasn’t really a big a fan as a lot of us thought.
No can't agree with that. He's given us everything and now he's given us the record Scottish transfer fee. He was part of the treble treble and the invincible season. To say he's not a fan because he's gone, is not taking into account that the board wanted this sale even if the management team and support didn't. Remember mcgeady? Didn't really want to leave board wanted the cash, it's never just the players decision.

Back