Why I Hate

What exactly is strict liability anyway?

I thought strict liability was something to do with mens rea. The actual thought process behind the crime.

I cant see why strict liability would affect the club?

If it was vicarious liability then that would affect the club- i think?

Strict liability as I understand it means you can be prosecuted without defence of i got caught in the moment peer pressure. Its strcit because the thought process involved is not necessary for prosecution. The reasonable man argument of getting all hot and bothered through momentary delusion is not effective. It becomes a crime without any mens rea (legal term defence)

Vicarious liability as I understand it is where club would be held accountable for people behaving badly while wearing club colours or representing the club.

A bit like a tesco worker deliberately or qaccidentally squirting slippery stuff on the floor. Should someone fall and get injured then tesco on hook vicariously, They cant say it was an idiot staff member so sue him.

Well maybe i got that wrong? BUT MAYBE SOMEONE CAN CLARIFY THESE TWO LEGAL TERMS?

I think strict liability under my understanding makes it easier for police to arrest people and convict, rather than got to court and lawyers getting accused off hook by saying he was momentarily ill in head.

What exactly is strict liability anyway?

I thought strict liability was something to do with mens rea. The actual thought process behind the crime.

I cant see why strict liability would affect the club?

If it was vicarious liability then that would affect the club- i think?

Strict liability as I understand it means you can be prosecuted without defence of i got caught in the moment peer pressure. Its strcit because the thought process involved is not necessary for prosecution. The reasonable man argument of getting all hot and bothered through momentary delusion is not effective. It becomes a crime without any mens rea (legal term defence)

Vicarious liability as I understand it is where club would be held accountable for people behaving badly while wearing club colours or representing the club.

A bit like a tesco worker deliberately or qaccidentally squirting slippery stuff on the floor. Should someone fall and get injured then tesco on hook vicariously, They cant say it was an idiot staff member so sue him.

Well maybe i got that wrong? BUT MAYBE SOMEONE CAN CLARIFY THESE TWO LEGAL TERMS?
Aw come on, TET!

Clarity.......in Scotland????

Even God himself couldn't work that miracle.

Aw come on, TET!

Clarity.......in Scotland????

Even God himself couldn't work that miracle.
It may well be the reason why Police appear to do very little at games. They just waste lots of time huckling people and filling out reports only for the lawyers to get big bucks at states expense and no conviction through mens rea defence.

Lot of red tape. Lots of costs. No convictions for deliberate acts or criminality through culture excuse.

No idea but if thats the reason they think strcit liability would help I actually think its quite sensible. Might make people actually think more at games about justifyfing their actions, especially extremely heinous behaviour.

It may well be the reason why Police appear to do very little at games. They just waste lots of time huckling people and filling out reports only for the lawyers to get big bucks at states expense and no conviction through mens rea defence.

Lot of red tape. Lots of costs. No convictions for deliberate acts or criminality through culture excuse.

No idea but if thats the reason they think strcit liability would help I actually think its quite sensible. Might make people actually think more at games about justifyfing their actions, especially extremely heinous behaviour.
Couldn't agree more, TET.

The police are forever complaining about evidencing their work. They'd lose the plot completely if they had to file these types of reports for a football match.

Three monkeys syndrome

Members online

Latest posts

Back