Why ?

Welcome BCW, I actually agree with a lot of your points but I think it's fair to criticise individuals when it's justified as long as it doesn't border on hatred. Some of the shit Lennon has had to endure this season has been nothing short of embarrassing. We can't claim to be the best fans in the world then attack our own team bus, abuse our own manager etc in my opinion.
I was actually accused of being positive about the Celtic position 18 months ago after the treble treble and cantering to 8 in a row! 🤷‍♂️
I think wanting more is a normal human trait, we had 9 years of utter dominance but we wanted more. Entitled is a word that offends many so let's call it expectant.
I suppose the lesson is when things are going well enjoy every minute of it, and when things are going tits up don't get too down instead look forward to it getting better again.
A lesson for life....
(Fuck me I'm a positive thinking guru!😺)
My main complaint this season, is that once again from a position of strength we've blew it and allowed the opposition back to the top of the league, all because of our lack of leadership. HH

This is my first post on Celtic Noise. It may very well be provocative (touch a nerve in some ?) but it's heartfelt and in my opinion honest, in so much as it's my thoughts. It is introspective, but needed. Until we get back to supporting the team we may, in fact can expect, to loose the league to Sevco. Why, because they are united. That doesn't take much, they bond on supremacy, winning, lording it over someone. They need someone to celebrate against. Don't know when I first read that, "celebrate against", but it is poignant and true.

As a Celtic supporter I've never felt the need. I've a pride in our achievements that doesn't need the validation of comparison.

We lost the league because the Celtic club fell asleep. Not one thing, or one person, but our whole operation grew apathetic to winning. It became expected and when desire goes then the chance of 10 went too. I say the club because Celtic is us. Not individuals: NFL, Desmond, Brown or even guys like John Keane or Brian Quinn.

Stop looking for someone to blame, it's negative and won't change a damn thing. Look at your own motivation and positivity going forward, that is something you can do something about. If we or significant numbers of Celtic supporters do that then we will get back sooner than if we continue to wail.

I actually stopped going at 8 because I was so pissed off at Celtic fans complaining at the game. Toxic and hostile. The actual success of the team brought greater, increasing. unreasonable demands form our support. That is a sobering fact or it should be.

if you can say nothing positive about a player or prospective manager, say nothing. Anything else, is in fact, counterproductive.

Think not follow ? Thought and intuition makes Celtic different.
I find you and your post very peculiar. Why would you say this is your first post when it's blatantly obvious it's not. You posted similar shite yesterday.
You come across like that fake Twitter account that was supposedly connected to desmonds son. If a player is playin shite I and everyone else on here has every right to point it out. If we went with your logic, we would all just follow the herd and there would be no opinion and therefore no debate.
I smell a rat.....

This is my first post on Celtic Noise. It may very well be provocative (touch a nerve in some ?) but it's heartfelt and in my opinion honest, in so much as it's my thoughts. It is introspective, but needed. Until we get back to supporting the team we may, in fact can expect, to loose the league to Sevco. Why, because they are united. That doesn't take much, they bond on supremacy, winning, lording it over someone. They need someone to celebrate against. Don't know when I first read that, "celebrate against", but it is poignant and true.

As a Celtic supporter I've never felt the need. I've a pride in our achievements that doesn't need the validation of comparison.

We lost the league because the Celtic club fell asleep. Not one thing, or one person, but our whole operation grew apathetic to winning. It became expected and when desire goes then the chance of 10 went too. I say the club because Celtic is us. Not individuals: NFL, Desmond, Brown or even guys like John Keane or Brian Quinn.

Stop looking for someone to blame, it's negative and won't change a damn thing. Look at your own motivation and positivity going forward, that is something you can do something about. If we or significant numbers of Celtic supporters do that then we will get back sooner than if we continue to wail.

I actually stopped going at 8 because I was so pissed off at Celtic fans complaining at the game. Toxic and hostile. The actual success of the team brought greater, increasing. unreasonable demands form our support. That is a sobering fact or it should be.

if you can say nothing positive about a player or prospective manager, say nothing. Anything else, is in fact, counterproductive.

Certainly a different take on this season's proceedings BCW...I am sure you recognise debate and voicing opinions allows for problem solving and can result in a positive outcome as supporters simply search for a reasoning behind the failure. The Celtic support in my opinion are an intelligent one and simply saying nothing in itself is counter productive. It is human nature to want to find a scapegoat or find blame when things go horribly wrong as they have done this season. No one could have foreseen this type of spectacular fall from grace no matter any told you so's in reference to the board or NFL. So i would cut the Celtic support some slack here ...we all want what's best for our magnificent club and you can be assured that we are United in our pride for our achievements throughout our unbroken history ...you are right of course to say we need no comparison to validate ourselves especially against the new club.
This club is special to us all as supporters and I remain motivated that our return to positivity is always just round the corner.
Hail Hail to our second 9 in row and a Quadruple treble to boot 😊

See your not long joined and your entitled to an opinion but just going on what posts i've read from today you attack the support in nearly every post

Try reading them back see how many times you attack the support you come across as ....well let me say ,,,,entitled

Welcome BCY, what a superb first post; bloody hell, I hope you haven't peaked too early ! I agree with most of your points, but being the auld geezer that I am, I struggle to remember a time when fans didn't moan about something or other. That goes all the way back to The Lions and Big Jock.
It goes with the territory, part of the game, we all feel we're experts, even when we're obviously not.

On a personal level, I always try to keep my criticism as constructive as I possibly can; I've made the point on The Noise that, for me, the cause of our collapse wasn't all down to Lenny, but at the same time, I agreed he had to go. What I will never do is indulge in personal abuse, it really never solves anything. We are on the verge of a completely new era at this wonderful club of ours, and in truth I have no idea if the changes will work out for the best or not. I hope with all my being we've got things right, and I will definitely support the folk coming into the club, no matter who they are. But it's a fact, you really can't please all of the people all of the time. It would seem some folk have already made their minds up, some delighted, some not so much. Either way, we've plenty to talk/moan about. Long may it continu

Certainly a different take on this season's proceedings BCW...I am sure you recognise debate and voicing opinions allows for problem solving and can result in a positive outcome as supporters simply search for a reasoning behind the failure. The Celtic support in my opinion are an intelligent one and simply saying nothing in itself is counter productive. It is human nature to want to find a scapegoat or find blame when things go horribly wrong as they have done this season. No one could have foreseen this type of spectacular fall from grace no matter any told you so's in reference to the board or NFL. So i would cut the Celtic support some slack here ...we all want what's best for our magnificent club and you can be assured that we are United in our pride for our achievements throughout our unbroken history ...you are right of course to say we need no comparison to validate ourselves especially against the new club.
This club is special to us all as supporters and I remain motivated that our return to positivity is always just round the corner.
Hail Hail to our second 9 in row and a Quadruple treble to boot 😊

See your not long joined and your entitled to an opinion but just going on what posts i've read from today you attack the support in nearly every post

Try reading them back see how many times you attack the support you come across as ....well let me say ,,,,entitled

Smell shite do you ? That'll be your the stink from your words..............

Guys thanks for most of the replies. Discussion and debate and disagreement is great.

Most actually read the post and the majority actually understood it. As the author It's difficult to cover all the bases. And my points were perhaps made cumbersomely. Measured criticism is necessary. I should've emphasised that. I just expected most to realise the stupidity of calling Celtic players "shite" etc that was being voiced at the game was reaching ridiculous, counterproductive proportions.

But "AYE" some of you have paid your money........and are fully entitled to vent your spleen !

Some alas did not read or at least understand the post. Disappointingly some responses are like those you would read on Fallow Fallow. BCW is new so therefore I must be a currant. Jesu wept.

The gent ( Frank ?) who referenced the Lions and the criticism they got. Fully agree. I'm probably just a little younger than you. Can embarrassingly recall as a young lad disliking that old balding bandy guy, when he rejoined from Houston around 1978. I was probably vocal too !

Guys thanks for most of the replies. Discussion and debate and disagreement is great.

Most actually read the post and most actually understood it. As the author It's difficult to cover all the bases. And my points were perhaps made cumbersomely. Measured criticism is necessary. I should've emphasised that. I just expected most to realise the stupidity of calling Celtic players "shite" etc that was being voiced at the game was reaching ridiculous, counterproductive proportions.

But "AYE" some of you have paid your money........and are fully entitled to vent your spleen !

Some alas did not read or at least understand the post. Disappointingly some responses are like those you would read on Fallow Fallow. BCW is new so therefore I must be a currant. Jesu wept.

The gent ( Frank ?) who referenced the Lions and the criticism they got. Fully agree. I'm probably just a little younger than you. Can embarrassingly recall as a young lad disliking that old balding bandy guy, when he rejoined from Houston around 1978. I was probably vocal too !

Am I allowed to keep referring to eli as shite....cos I've stayed consistent with that since last season when he wasn't as shite as he is now 😂😂
Who do you reckon didn't understand your opening post, out of interest??

Most actually read the post and most actually understood it. As the author It's difficult to cover all the bases. And my points were perhaps made cumbersomely. Measured criticism is necessary. I should've emphasised that. I just expected most to realise the stupidity of calling Celtic players "shite" etc that was being voiced at the game was reaching ridiculous, counterproductive proportions.

Everyone who joins this forum and who doesn't fulfil certain stereotypes is immediately assumed a hun until proven otherwise BCW, don't take the hump.
Given that your posts are considered and undoubtedly articulate I'd think the chances of you being a hun are extremely remote, unless you're the exception that proves the rule....

New members are ALWAYS viewed with a certain amount of suspicion, it was a well thought out 1st post, although quite negative, lost interest when you said we shouldn’t be criticising the players, how are we supposed to let then know if they’re doing things wrong? Paying supporters have ALWAYS let the players know how they’re doing....good or bad.....that’s part of the match day stadium experience, something that’s been sadly missing this season......

Members online

Latest posts

Back