Will we hear much about the Bolton story today in Scotland

Benignus

Bolton are on the brink, they face a winding up order today in court over an unpaid tax bill. I get the feeling that we won't be reading or hearing much from our gold star journalists in the SMSM. I doubt if any of them want to think about a story like this as their sins from the past come back to haunt them.
If they go under I can't see the press down south going out their way to lie to their readers or viewers.
This is interesting as questions can be thrown at huns or the press up here and it will be quite amusing watching them perform reality gymnastics trying to protect the dead club, I hope Bolton survive, but if they don't, I want plenty of questions fired towards certain sections of Scottish football immediately.

Hope something happens to save Bolton, but is it the slow start of the Bubble busting, well maybe not busting just letting some air out..

Still Maybees the huns will buy Boltons history the way they did with the club that played at ibrox before them, its about the only way they will ever add to the made up trophy list that they lay claim to just now..

Hope something happens to save Bolton, but is it the slow start of the Bubble busting, well maybe not busting just letting some air out..

Still Maybees the huns will buy Boltons history the way they did with the club that played at ibrox before them, its about the only way they will ever add to the made up trophy list that they lay claim to just now..

Can someone save them then change name and move the stadium to elsewhere like happened with MK Dons?

Bolton are on the brink, they face a winding up order today in court over an unpaid tax bill. I get the feeling that we won't be reading or hearing much from our gold star journalists in the SMSM. I doubt if any of them want to think about a story like this as their sins from the past come back to haunt them.
If they go under I can't see the press down south going out their way to lie to their readers or viewers.
This is interesting as questions can be thrown at huns or the press up here and it will be quite amusing watching them perform reality gymnastics trying to protect the dead club, I hope Bolton survive, but if they don't, I want plenty of questions fired towards certain sections of Scottish football immediately.

I dont think reality anywhere has blind bit of difference in the delusional world of the zombies.

I remember watching Sevco game ve Ufa on the net with rtv commentary. And the "whits the goallie dain" dude said quite boldly and without shame something along the lines of Ufa must be very excited in their short History to be playing the mIghty Glasgow Rangers, Ufa last club died and had to start again back with Brand New club in 2011, so really to have qualified for europe in their short History is great acheivement.

Bolton Wanderers are one of those great names from football's gloried history.

That part of the footballing world was blessed with Finney at Preston, Matthews and Mortensen at Blackpool and that's before we even get to Man City and Man United.

Having lived down that way for a short period, you often forget how important to these industrial communities these clubs were: Rochdale, Oldham, Bury, Burnley, Macclesfield, Altrincham, Fleetwood etc......

I hope Bolton manage to get their way out of this, but it should also serve as a cautionary tale to those who try to live the dream and fail to cut their cloth accordingly.

Bolton almost went to the wall previously and got a second-chance. They took that opportunity and made it all the way back to the top table with a cup final thrown in and some world-class players to watch. They had an opportunity to safeguard their long-term future but shot for the moon, before shooting their bolt.

I can't speak for their fans, but I wonder how many would trade mid-table championship obscurity now for that decade or so where they dined at the top table.

We know the huns don't do irony, so we know this will not register with them; however - we might take heed ourselves of the dangers of spending beyond our means.

But will it not be the company and not the club that perhaps dies if liquidation comes calling, and I am sure someone will buy the history, the Bolton fans should be contacing Jim Traynor as we speak.

RANGERS-DEAD-FRONT-PAGE-600x504.jpg

If clydebank can move to airdrie then change its name to Newclub Airdrie United with New history then after Rangers die and become Sevco, then razzamaz and a few secret agreements, Sevco become, well I should say claim to have resurrected, and become the same club, step in traynor (was he no an Airdrie fan?) accept monies from Sevco to promote Rainjurs, and last but no least the most amazing one of the lot, Airdrie United transform into the liquidated Airdrieonians, and the years that Clydebank became Airdrie United have been expunged and Airdrieonians are supposed also a team that never ever lost its history, even though Clydebank really became a new name.

Im also sure the airdrie ceo was major player in secret agreements.

Wonder why they are still secret?

If clydebank can move to airdrie then change its name to Newclub Airdrie United with New history then after Rangers die and become Sevco, then razzamaz and a few secret agreements, Sevco become, well I should say claim to have resurrected, and become the same club, step in traynor (was he no an Airdrie fan?) accept monies from Sevco to promote Rainjurs, and last but no least the most amazing one of the lot, Airdrie United transform into the liquidated Airdrieonians, and the years that Clydebank became Airdrie United have been expunged and Airdrieonians are supposed also a team that never ever lost its history, even though Clydebank really became a new name.

Im also sure the airdrie ceo was major player in secret agreements.

Wonder why they are still secret?

Having been driven into full liquidation in May 2002, Airdrieonians FC became even more famous for being the first Scottish senior club to go out of business since Third Lanark in 1967. The spirit lived on, though, ( as in intangable) as the town welcomed Airdrie United into being, and saw it win the Bells Challenge Cup in 2008. Thanks to the efforts of owner and chairman Jim Ballantyne, (now resigned) the name Airdrieonians was restored in time for the start of the 2013-14 season. We're at last back to two lions - and a cockerel - on the shirt.

Interesting the choice of words when its the truth been spoke it just flows "club goes out of business" No holding company what!!!!

Having been driven into full liquidation in May 2002, Airdrieonians FC became even more famous for being the first Scottish senior club to go out of business since Third Lanark in 1967. The spirit lived on, though, ( as in intangable) as the town welcomed Airdrie United into being, and saw it win the Bells Challenge Cup in 2008. Thanks to the efforts of owner and chairman Jim Ballantyne, (now resigned) the name Airdrieonians was restored in time for the start of the 2013-14 season. We're at last back to two lions - and a cockerel - on the shirt.

Interesting the choice of words when its the truth been spoke it just flows "club goes out of business" No holding company what!!!!
Maybe the secret agreement can bend space and time?

Could be the answer to the national debt problems all ovr the world.

Uk files for bankruptcy but a secret agreement mneans they get to start agin with no debt as the same UK.

Hurrah for brexit

Don't start me on Airdrie United, they stole the Bankies thus denying the people of West Dunbartonshire a Derby match, Clydebank junior lges now in the pyramid system, so hopefully they'll be back in the 2nd Div soon. As for Bolton hopefully someone will come in & save them at the last minute.

That part of the footballing world was blessed with Finney at Preston, Matthews and Mortensen at Blackpool and that's before we even get to Man City and Man United.

Having lived down that way for a short period, you often forget how important to these industrial communities these clubs were: Rochdale, Oldham, Bury, Burnley, Macclesfield, Altrincham, Fleetwood etc......

I hope Bolton manage to get their way out of this, but it should also serve as a cautionary tale to those who try to live the dream and fail to cut their cloth accordingly.

Bolton almost went to the wall previously and got a second-chance. They took that opportunity and made it all the way back to the top table with a cup final thrown in and some world-class players to watch. They had an opportunity to safeguard their long-term future but shot for the moon, before shooting their bolt.

I can't speak for their fans, but I wonder how many would trade mid-table championship obscurity now for that decade or so where they dined at the top table.

We know the huns don't do irony, so we know this will not register with them; however - we might take heed ourselves of the dangers of spending beyond our means.

Hail ☘️ Hail SP, I don't think for a minute Big Dermot would allowthe club to live beyond it's means, aye the wage bill maybe a wee bit higher than some at the club would like but, you have to pay decent money to keep your best players. Plus wages are only about 40%, but managing that sort of outgoings will impact on available transfer Budget. Financial prudence maybe shite at time's, but look at the basket case across in Govan who are hemorrhaging cash.
☘️MON THE HOOPS☘️COYBIG☘️

I think a club going out of business is a bit like being struck by lightening, everyone knows it must be a sore one, but no one thinks it'll happen to them. A small club like Bolton trying to mix with the big boys is doomed to failure, they don't have millions of fans around the world buying their strips, even when they played in the top league.
I think you're spot on when you say they would turn the clock back and cut their cloth to suit. I don't really give a monkeys about Bolton, but I would defo have a lot of sympathy for their fans if the shit hits the fan, I can only imagine it would have a terrible effect on the town.

I think a club going out of business is a bit like being struck by lightening, everyone knows it must be a sore one, but no one thinks it'll happen to them. A small club like Bolton trying to mix with the big boys is doomed to failure, they don't have millions of fans around the world buying their strips, even when they played in the top league.
I think you're spot on when you say they would turn the clock back and cut their cloth to suit. I don't really give a monkeys about Bolton, but I would defo have a lot of sympathy for their fans if the shit hits the fan, I can only imagine it would have a terrible effect on the town.
My first wife and her family are from just outside Bolton and it really is how Peter Jay describes it.

There's a bit of the Glaswegian about them, especially the dark humour amid the bleakness. The football team was the only thing that gave the town relevance, unless you really like pig trotters (and they really do feckin eat them too).

I've no real great love for them and it takes a special kind of stupid to take your club to the brink twice. At least they haven't died yet, that mob in the southside have seen more deaths than Columbo.

There's no mileage in Bolton's imminent demise for us.
Apart from the obvious comparisons.

The loss of a club to their fans is a anathema....

Back