2 months, still no manager......

Another thing that's got the alarm bells ringing for me is our failed bid for the Hajduk Split defender at €5 million. We are actively looking for players before a DOF or manager has been appointed and that doesnt bode well for me. Tbf I know nothing of the boy he may well be a great defender but this smacks of more of the same to me HH

It will not be Howe. He doesnt want it that much is obvious. Hes a south coast boy, and there will be plenty vacancies in that area and Crystal palace are on the radar too. It will not be Mourinho, he wants too much money and a far bigger transfer budget than we can provide.
Keane wants it but I cant see that happening as hes too unpredictable.
Its still possible though.
For me a big possibility is a Damian Duff/ Shaun Maloney partnership. They both know the club. They both know DD an he knows them. Fly in the ointment is SMs involvement in the Euros this summer with Belgium, can't see him giving that up.
Just imho of course. The new CEO will have his own ideas and connections and he will be allowed to implement them otherwise why give him the job. I wouldn't be surprised if the new manager was a complete unknown.

It will not be Howe. He doesnt want it that much is obvious. Hes a south coast boy, and there will be plenty vacancies in that area and Crystal palace are on the radar too. It will not be Mourinho, he wants too much money and a far bigger transfer budget than we can provide.
Keane wants it but I cant see that happening as hes too unpredictable.
Its still possible though.
For me a big possibility is a Damian Duff/ Shaun Maloney partnership. They both know the club. They both know DD an he knows them. Fly in the ointment is SMs involvement in the Euros this summer with Belgium, can't see him giving that up.
Just imho of course. The new CEO will have his own ideas and connections and he will be allowed to implement them otherwise why give him the job. I wouldn't be surprised if the new manager was a complete unknown.
I can't see duff comin back anytime soon. He left to be at home with his family.
I've always thought it would be maresca from man city. But I have it from a very very reliable source (Tony soprano) that it's howe.
Don't shoot the messenger!

I just cant see Howe moving his young family to Scotland, his sons are still at school and cant see him uprooting them. I also cant see him commuting a couple of days a week unless DD gives him use of his private jet. Not gonna happen. His stock is still high in England and as I said other vacancies are available to him much closer to home.

DD is no fool.....he has to protect his shareholding.....he will know he has to appoint a manager and a DOF who can turn things around quickly and restructure our whole football operation and plan for the future.....DD in my view gave Peter Lawwell too much latitude in running the Club......that was a mistake and that’s now over.....there’s a new innovative and exciting football revolution coming.....I’d bet on it...

I really don't know whats going on at our Club these days. Ok we're in a transitional period, New CEO, no Manager, players leaving or wanting to leave.
Today another guy we've never seen has gone, Manny Perez joins Gutman and Klimala. Why did we sign these guys? Seems like a total waste of time and money to me. Looks like whoever is playing 'Moneyball' is not very good at it. Isn't the idea to buy cheap, develop, and move them on at a profit? We're going to lose on Barkas too as it looks like he's going back to Athens on loan, no doubt we'll be paying part of his wages. Total shambles.
Lets hope the new guy McKay gets a grip of this wastefulness. Other players we've let go of are now flourishing. Id like to see us bringing young Ewan Henderson back as theres a player in there and he never got a fair crack of the whip.
Hindsight's a wonderful thing but I said from the start NL was a backwards step and his refusal to blood youngsters and stick with his 'favourites' cost us this year. Kennedy is much the same. If we're going with a new 'broom' at the top, lets have a clean sweep and a total clear out, root and branch, that includes Kennedy and Strachan jr.

I really don't know whats going on at our Club these days. Ok we're in a transitional period, New CEO, no Manager, players leaving or wanting to leave.
Today another guy we've never seen has gone, Manny Perez joins Gutman and Klimala. Why did we sign these guys? Seems like a total waste of time and money to me. Looks like whoever is playing 'Moneyball' is not very good at it. Isn't the idea to buy cheap, develop, and move them on at a profit? We're going to lose on Barkas too as it looks like he's going back to Athens on loan, no doubt we'll be paying part of his wages. Total shambles.
Lets hope the new guy McKay gets a grip of this wastefulness. Other players we've let go of are now flourishing. Id like to see us bringing young Ewan Henderson back as theres a player in there and he never got a fair crack of the whip.
Hindsight's a wonderful thing but I said from the start NL was a backwards step and his refusal to blood youngsters and stick with his 'favourites' cost us this year. Kennedy is much the same. If we're going with a new 'broom' at the top, lets have a clean sweep and a total clear out, root and branch, that includes Kennedy and Strachan jr.

As I understand it Perez and Gutman were signed in the hope they would get enough caps playing for the USA that would allow them to meet the transfer criteria which would them to play in the SPFL.....that hasn’t happened so we’ve had to cut our losses.....I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong or there’s more to it...

I can't see duff comin back anytime soon. He left to be at home with his family.
I've always thought it would be maresca from man city. But I have it from a very very reliable source (Tony soprano) that it's howe.
Don't shoot the messenger!
Cant see it being anybody else Deadner,I think Tony is 110% right,we are too far down the road to turn back,all the bullshit about who is coming in and who is leaving comes from the two major rags so I would not put a lot of stock in what they say..if we have learned anything from last season it has to be that we cannot hang on to the last minute to bring players in,I think Howe is already working on who he wants in and who he wants out..
Remember Bhoys and Ghirls T.S. told us first.

HH

Cant see it being anybody else Deadner,I think Tony is 110% right,we are too far down the road to turn back,all the bullshit about who is coming in and who is leaving comes from the two major rags so I would not put a lot of stock in what they say..if we have learned anything from last season it has to be that we cannot hang on to the last minute to bring players in,I think Howe is already working on who he wants in and who he wants out..
Remember Bhoys and Ghirls T.S. told us first.

HH
I too believe that there has been a deal done with howe. For some reason he can't be announced, yet. There hasn't been any movement from Celtic since the alleged meeting with howe and Desmond. Which I think looks like a deal was struck.
As for Tony soprano being the first to tell us, well I would strongly dispute that. But he has been like a dog with a bone since howe was first mentioned.
I'm still waiting on his source though???....

DD is no fool.....he has to protect his shareholding.....he will know he has to appoint a manager and a DOF who can turn things around quickly and restructure our whole football operation and plan for the future.....DD in my view gave Peter Lawwell too much latitude in running the Club......that was a mistake and that’s now over.....there’s a new innovative and exciting football revolution coming.....I’d bet on it...
freedom for tooting

As I understand it Perez and Gutman were signed in the hope they would get enough caps playing for the USA that would allow them to meet the transfer criteria which would them to play in the SPFL.....that hasn’t happened so we’ve had to cut our losses.....I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong or there’s more to it...
feck ,,,,,your right

Members online

Latest posts

Back