2 things about Sunday

Appologies if I didn't make myself clear.

I'm not suggesting we got away with anything, just that for once a descision was a fair and correct one.

How many times have we been on the wrong end of descisions?

Perhaps I shouldn't be happy that they got it right for once, but I am.

Do I think this is a turning point, and all calls from now on will be fair?

Do I fuck.

But let's enjoy the momment that the Lodge failed to come to their rescue.

I don’t share that mindset, and I refuse to follow the SMSM narrative that we got away with the big calls. It’s obvious imo they’re attempting to set the scene for the rest of the season.

We need to deal in reality. The MIB made 2 important calls where they applied the rules fairly as they should, and 1 clear cut call where they didn’t.….that’s the only narrative that stands up to scrutiny and one we should be highlighting in my view…

I don’t share that mindset, and I refuse to follow the SMSM narrative that we got away with the big calls. It’s obvious imo they’re attempting to set the scene for the rest of the season.

We need to deal in reality. The MIB made 2 important calls where they applied the rules fairly as they should, and 1 clear cut call where they didn’t.….that’s the only narrative that stands up to scrutiny and one we should be highlighting in my view…
I'm not suggesting we got away with anything. Let's suppose somebody kicks you in the balls everyday, and then one day they don't.

They shouldn't be congratualted for not kicking you in the balls, as they shouldn't have been kicking you in the balls in the first place.

But it still feels good not to get a kick in the balls

I'm not suggesting we got away with anything. Let's suppose somebody kicks you in the balls everyday, and then one day they don't.

They shouldn't be congratualted for not kicking you in the balls, as they shouldn't have been kicking you in the balls in the first place.

Rather than deal with rhetorical hypotheticals, would you agree the SMSM are peddling the narrative that we, ie Celtic, got away with one last week against the Huns?

Would you also agree the SMSM and their acolytes are doing this to set the scene for the rest of the season by peddling this shite?…

Being in England, I don't read much SMSM, but if they're saying we only won because we got away with a couple, then fucking great.

If it means their numpty with the mole gets kept on I'm all for it.

But were you not surprised the goal was ruled out?

History tells us if they don't kick you in the bollox today, they'll do it tomorrow.

If Sevco are still in contention by the game at our place I expect some bizzare descisions in their favour.

But for now, I just open another can and enjoy today

Being in England, I don't read much SMSM, but if they're saying we only won because we got away with a couple, then fucking great.

If it means their numpty with the mole gets kept on I'm all for it.

But were you not surprised the goal was ruled out?

History tells us if they don't kick you in the bollox today, they'll do it tomorrow.

If Sevco are still in contention by the game at our place I expect some bizzare descisions in their favour.

But for now, I just open another can and enjoy today

There’s a certain irony in feeling happy or relieved when the MIB make the correct decisions that are potentially game changing, wouldn’t you agree?

Are we to be joyful when on occasion the MIB apply the rules fairly? Not for me. I’m never elated when they do the right thing. I believe we should never subscribe to that mindset. To do so imo is tantamount to accepting their cheating ways and that every now and again they will apply the rules fairly. I’m not for accepting that.

Our energy should be directed at pointing out what they do wrong and providing the abundant evidence available that supports our legitimate grievances. This we should be doing consistently imo whenever and wherever it occurs. Repeating what the SMSM are running with doesn’t appeal to me.

That’s my take on where we’re at with what we have all just witnessed from the MIB, and the agenda that’s being set by the SMSM, and what imo is important here, and what we should be focusing on...

This is turning SEXY Talk time

HH 😱👀😱😉

Ahmm when is the ball kicking stertin and whit channel is it oan.
In the Right corner is AJ a feisty newcomer
Against
Imamabawsursteelatim one wrong decision one poorly aimed kick 🦵 and the gene pool is enhanced.
For all your baw injuries get Canesten it’s good furra crack.
Let’s get ready ti S T U M B L E.

HH 😱

My first reaction was to say "oh fuck off" but that's no way to talk to a fellow Tim

They 've always shafted us, and will do again.

Is it so wrong to enjoy a time that they didn't ?

I’ll pay you the courtesy of a reply without resorting to any kind of invective on my part.

I’m confident your reference to the MIB was rhetorical, as all those of a Celtic persuasion knows full well the MO of the MIB and their Hun pals in the SMSM.

As to your question on enjoying the time the MIB get it right and play by the rules I have already answered what I personally think about that, but as you obviously somehow missed it, here it is again…

“Are we to be joyful when on occasion the MIB apply the rules fairly? Not for me. I’m never elated when they do the right thing. I believe we should never subscribe to that mindset. To do so imo is tantamount to accepting their cheating ways and that every now and again they will apply the rules fairly. I’m not for accepting that.”
So quite obviously my views on this particular topic differs from yours.

I don’t find any enjoyment when the MIB do what they are supposed to do…and that is referee matches in a fair and impartial way and play by the rules, for that is after all, what they are meant to do. I trust we can agree on that.

To think in terms of, as you put it - “Is it so wrong to enjoy a time that they didn't ?” has a certain irony to it in my view for reasons that I’ve described previously.

Perhaps on reflection you can now see where we differ and the reasons why. Welcome to the Noise 😉

Can I make an observation on the wee tete-a-tete goin' on between you two good folk
You see, I actually agree with both of you. Feckin' hell, am I becoming a fence-sitter?
I too was pretty much astounded when he disallowed the goal; it's probably true to say that a lifetime of " conditioning " contributed to my expectation that the goal would stand.
However, I was both relieved and happy that he did. Suppose that must mean I enjoyed it.

Does it change any of our long standing concerns though? Nah, don't think so. But hey-ho, I'll take it this time.

Takes away the boredom of the international break.

There’s an embargo on the times Celtic TV can stream matches.

Live games they can stream outside of the UK and Ireland in real time.

Within the UK and Ireland games can’t be shown until after midnight on the day of the game…
Used to be the same on Celtic TV, for CL games, you had to wait until 11 pm UK time, to watch anywhere outside the UK, due to TV rights...I used to turn my phone off and not check the interweb in case I found out the score, before being able to watch it, don't know if that is still the case Just a question, what is the cost of an average season ticket to Celtic Park, we pay US $25 a month, for Celtic TV, so I'm thinking paying $300 per year, is a good deal to watch the Bhoys HH

Used to be the same on Celtic TV, for CL games, you had to wait until 11 pm UK time, to watch anywhere outside the UK, due to TV rights...I used to turn my phone off and not check the interweb in case I found out the score, before being able to watch it, don't know if that is still the case Just a question, what is the cost of an average season ticket to Celtic Park, we pay US $25 a month, for Celtic TV, so I'm thinking paying $300 per year, is a good deal to watch the Bhoys HH
Think the full price is something like £725, Dill. However, age has some benefits; for auld codgers like myself, it's £420.

giphy.gif

Can I make an observation on the wee tete-a-tete goin' on between you two good folk
You see, I actually agree with both of you. Feckin' hell, am I becoming a fence-sitter?
I too was pretty much astounded when he disallowed the goal; it's probably true to say that a lifetime of " conditioning " contributed to my expectation that the goal would stand.
However, I was both relieved and happy that he did. Suppose that must mean I enjoyed it.

Does it change any of our long standing concerns though? Nah, don't think so. But hey-ho, I'll take it this time.

Takes away the boredom of the international break.

I think when you used the term conditioning you made a very valid point Frank. They tried that when they labelled us with the paranoia tag and spouted the old cliché "it will all even itself out over a season" Mantras that curiously enough only ever favour one team.

To me, it's a form of gaslighting, and we have to see through it, and do everything we can to expose it and show it up for what it is. Change for good, for parity, for fairness, will never happen unless we force it on them. They will never willingly accept it.

Some say we will never change anything as the forces of those who hate us is too entrenched. I disagree. I believe if we have the collective will and determination, in time, we will prevail.

That's why I believe it's important to change the mindset from one of simply feeling happy or relieved, on witnessing the rules being applied fairly, to one of, that's what those cheating bastards are meant to do. I trust you and anyone else interested can understand and appreciate my perspective on matters and why I think the way that I do.....all the best pal...

You can be absolutely certain that I fully understand and appreciate your opinion on this subject, Imatim. As for changing something so deeply ingrained? Well, a study of Scottish society/ social history would perhaps highlight the difficulties of achieving such an outcome.

Football, in my opinion, has only been a focal point for something very pernicious that goes much deeper in our neck of the woods.

We could spend all day discussing this as history provides us with enough evidence of how entrenched it is/has been.

The unwritten rule.....keep them in their place.

You can be absolutely certain that I fully understand and appreciate your opinion on this subject, Imatim. As for changing something so deeply ingrained? Well, a study of Scottish society/ social history would perhaps highlight the difficulties of achieving such an outcome.

Football, in my opinion, has only been a focal point for something very pernicious that goes much deeper in our neck of the woods.

We could spend all day discussing this as history provides us with enough evidence of how entrenched it is/has been.

The unwritten rule.....keep them in their place.

That’s the thing pal.

We know our place, and it isn’t at the back of the fckn bus…

Back