22/23 January Transfer Window.

Sky Sports journalist Anthony Joseph has reported this weekend that Giakoumakis remains happy with his life in Glasgow and that talks are set to resume with both parties hopeful of a breakthrough.
That sounds closer to the truth....but I hope we are are looking for that 3rd Striker in any case.
Tony is a lovely guy, a fully committed Tim with a lot of contacts both at Celtic and in the business as he works for their transfer desk. So I'm satisfied if he says Giakoumakis is happy in Glasgow. Having said that there are no guarantees that the talks will come to an agreement.

As normal the media making a mountain out of a molehill pandering to thier friends at Ibloss anything to divert the spotlight away from them not much mention that thier AGM is due I beleave this week should be interesting when they say how many court rites the have pending or what did happen to the cash they got from transfers and when are we getting new players and finally how much did it cost to get rid of Gio and his team all good questions but don’t expect any answers

Right all we need to start worrying sevco have installed high tec lights at thier training ground how that’s going to improve thier team is beyond me perhaps he wants them to see the light (sorry) if this is the best the Daily Lier can find they must be desperate they have reprinted Madmicks comment that his tea are on a par with Celtic how many players did they have playing in the World Cup? Think we had 5 he must be on better tablets than me if he thinks that

Right all we need to start worrying sevco have installed high tec lights at thier training ground how that’s going to improve thier team is beyond me perhaps he wants them to see the light (sorry) if this is the best the Daily Lier can find they must be desperate they have reprinted Madmicks comment that his tea are on a par with Celtic how many players did they have playing in the World Cup? Think we had 5 he must be on better tablets than me if he thinks that
They’ve upgraded fae 60watt bulbs tae 100watt bulbs 👏👏 💡 💡💡

They’ve upgraded from candles to gas light I hear they hope to go electric one day in the future

Has the village idoit gone missing because if he has proper Charley has taken on his roll given his great knowledge on how the manager should act the new chairman even how the poor supporters should act,guess we are the only way he can keep his Name in the media desperation I suppose like many a has been can’t let go he has gone back in history to stir the pot perhaps he thinks he another Ronaldo and above it all and if you saw his behaviour the other night you will know what I mean a couple of mugs who can’t let go

Last edited:
Having said that there are no guarantees that the talks will come to an agreement.
This is true, but I think Georgios will stay, and Anthony Joseph seems to be a good source for news. But on the other hand, there's always the fact that the mainstream sport press in Scotland, when it comes to Celtic, lacks -- what do you call it again? -- credibility.

Which leads me to believe that all the Juranovic stories leaving in January are nonsense as well. It defies logic: After all, Fireball begged and pleaded with Jota to stay at Celtic, which could have had some effect on Jota actually signing. Why would Juranovic bolt if he went to all that effort? Also, all the stories I've seen say clubs are "looking at" Juranovic. Well, of course any club worth its mettle is going to look at good players, and Fireball is a good player.

So why did we get this Canadian kid Johnston? Simple. Juranovic may leave at the end of the season, and Johnston will already have half a season to get accustomed to the Celtic system. It's a refreshing change from the "fire drill" mentality past transfer windows have been for us.

When we went away to Leipzig (3-1) we started with Jenz and Welsh, no CB cover on the bench either.
Ralston and Bernabei were the 2 defenders on the bench

Welsh and Ralston have been first-teamers since last season. And not to start another discussion, but why Ralstondinho isn't starting is definitely a question that harkens back to when we were overstocked in the midfield department a few seasons ago.
I would consider this season as Ralstons true breakthrough season, though he made appearances last season and done well.
Welsh has been played out of necessity , jmo but I dont think hes in front of Jenz

I guess it depends on your definition of "first-teamer," and mine is that you're on the first team when you're on the first team, regardless of whether you're starting or not.

Twitter translate
Info: after a successful World Cup and a small bridge over Camavinga, things are rushing for Aïssa Laidouni, the Tunisian midfielder from Ferencvaros who is claiming 4 M € : - Wolsbourg, Celtic Glasgow and 2 English clubs are hot - NO French club has moved yet

Back