22/23 January Transfer Window.

Gonna be hard predicting the Celtic team in the coming months if everyone stays or gets fit...

At least 3 newbies plus one or two others getting up to full fitness..

Big Joe... Then...

Out of the backs imho only CCV guaranteed to start and perhaps Taylor.

In the middle Only Calmac for me the other places could go to any off, Hatate O'Riely Turnbull Mooy plus a few others..

Up front any 3 from 7 😱😱😱😁

Good luck folks getting the team right in the coming months... Although I suppose as long as Ange gets it right we will awe be happy. 😂

Gonna be hard predicting the Celtic team in the coming months if everyone stays or gets fit...

At least 3 newbies plus one or two others getting up to full fitness..

Big Joe... Then...

Out of the backs imho only CCV guaranteed to start and perhaps Taylor.

In the middle Only Calmac for me the other places could go to any off, Hatate O'Riely Turnbull Mooy plus a few others..

Up front any 3 from 7 😱😱😱😁

Good luck folks getting the team right in the coming months... Although I suppose as long as Ange gets it right we will awe be happy. 😂
I don't even think Taylor is a guaranteed starter as Bernabei will get a few starts too. It is a good problem to have and the full squad will be needed at various times throughout the rest of the season.

Abildgaard loan deal to be terminated. The first of several who could be off this window. Juranovic, Giakoumakis, Ideguchi, McCarthy (if fit) and Welsh (out on loan).

Celtic are set to terminate their loan deal with Rubin Kazan for forgotten Danish midfielder Oliver Abildgaard, according to reports in Russia.
The Hoops snapped up the 26-year-old on a season-long loan from the Russian club in September and became the third player to sign from there after Carl Starfelt and Sead Haksabanovic moved to Glasgow.
However, he's yet to make any kind of impact and has failed to even start a game for Ange Postecoglou in any competition - he's come off the bench on six occasions in the league and he also came on in the Bernabeu against Real Madrid in Celtic's heavy defeat last month.
But he hasn't featured since coming on for the final ten minutes in a 2-1 win at Fir Park at the start of last month. Now Russian reports have indicated that Celtic and Rubin Kazan have reached an agreement to rip up the loan deal and terminate his time in Glasgow.
However, Abildgaard - who has been capped once for Denmark two years ago - is unlikely to play again for Rubin, who he made 62 appearances before they were banned from international football.
Rubin are set to try and secure another loan deal for Abildgaard with another European club and he could even return to Danish football, after leaving Aalborg to sign for the Russians two years ago.

If we had qualified for the next stage of the Europa League or even the Conference we would not be losing players like Juranovic but buying more of the like. Then again if yer Auntie had.....
We really MUST do better next year in Europe.

Abildgaard loan deal to be terminated. The first of several who could be off this window. Juranovic, Giakoumakis, Ideguchi, McCarthy (if fit) and Welsh (out on loan).

Celtic are set to terminate their loan deal with Rubin Kazan for forgotten Danish midfielder Oliver Abildgaard, according to reports in Russia.
The Hoops snapped up the 26-year-old on a season-long loan from the Russian club in September and became the third player to sign from there after Carl Starfelt and Sead Haksabanovic moved to Glasgow.
However, he's yet to make any kind of impact and has failed to even start a game for Ange Postecoglou in any competition - he's come off the bench on six occasions in the league and he also came on in the Bernabeu against Real Madrid in Celtic's heavy defeat last month.
But he hasn't featured since coming on for the final ten minutes in a 2-1 win at Fir Park at the start of last month. Now Russian reports have indicated that Celtic and Rubin Kazan have reached an agreement to rip up the loan deal and terminate his time in Glasgow.
However, Abildgaard - who has been capped once for Denmark two years ago - is unlikely to play again for Rubin, who he made 62 appearances before they were banned from international football.
Rubin are set to try and secure another loan deal for Abildgaard with another European club and he could even return to Danish football, after leaving Aalborg to sign for the Russians two years ago.
It is a shame it never worked out for Abildgaard - I thought he might prove to be a shrewd signing. He arrived unfit but never got going. When CalMac got injured this should have been his chance to step up but it never happened. Good luck to him wherever he goes next.

I feel sorry for Ideguchi - he started well in his debut but was deliberately scythed down (of course no red card - it was against a Tim) and put out for months. Then when he returned got a bad cut in training that put him out again. It is going to be difficult for him to break into this midfield now so I guess he is best to move on to get gametime.

I hope Welsh goes on loan to an SPFL team so he gets experience in our league and so return a better player.

We'll see what happens with Juranovic and Giakoumakis. IF they do leave then we need to reinvest the profits wisely in match-ready starters rather than young projects.

For the first time I can remember, I'll be ragin' if we DON'T sell a player.

JJ has to go in January for as much as we can get. 27 years old, bought for 2.5 mill, suddenly announces himself to the broader world of superclubs with an outstanding world cup, shutting down Vinicius Junior, papping the favourites out in their big showpiece knockout game with a shocked globe of billions watching; highlighted as MOTM, maybe only second in world ratings to Hakimi of Morocco and PSG.

So after seeing that, every high-heid-yin in the mega clubs is asking of their recruitment, "Why's he not on our books?".

So cash in. Make them pay 4 or 5 times his true worth. The World Cup just put ludicrously expensive new rims on our speedy wee sports car of a right back, and some collector's going to come calling, whose wealth means nothing to them, but the sale of this JJ can finance another 5 JJ purchases for us.

Mental if we don't fleece some superclub mugs for near 20 million bucks. Then Ange can go January and Summer sale-daft across Asia.

For the first time I can remember, I'll be ragin' if we DON'T sell a player.

JJ has to go in January for as much as we can get. 27 years old, bought for 2.5 mill, suddenly announces himself to the broader world of superclubs with an outstanding world cup, shutting down Vinicius Junior, papping the favourites out in their big showpiece knockout game with a shocked globe of billions watching; highlighted as MOTM, maybe only second in world ratings to Hakimi of Morocco and PSG.

So after seeing that, every high-heid-yin in the mega clubs is asking of their recruitment, "Why's he not on our books?".

So cash in. Make them pay 4 or 5 times his true worth. The World Cup just put ludicrously expensive new rims on our speedy wee sports car of a right back, and some collector's going to come calling, whose wealth means nothing to them, but the sale of this JJ can finance another 5 JJ purchases for us.

Mental if we don't fleece some superclub mugs for near 20 million bucks. Then Ange can go January and Summer sale-daft across Asia.
I would like to see that happen Sandman, but realistically, I would expect most of the transfer fee to go into Dermot Desmond's pocket, now the sightless one is back as Chairman.

Last edited:
If I'm honest here I'd rather Welsh went down south to a club lower in the championship or div 1,toughen him up a bit which he needs he has experience of our league... And good luck to Abligaard and especially Gucci on your travels.
Kobayashi coming in has erased Welsh's chances of game time bar 2 cb's picking up injuries.
Kobayashi seems better technically from the vids. He is also smaller and lighter than Welsh so we will see how he gets on against some of the big lads in the division.
Basically if GG is ragdolling him in training he won't cut in unless he is a very different type of player. Time will tell. Just due to the physical aspects and opposition we face the two positions I didn't want to shop in the j league for were CB or GK.
Outside of Asia most CB's ave experience week on week with big attackers be it cbs in the box at corners of a big CF. Takes time to learn that side of the game.
He should be good against quick technical players so 🤷

It is a shame it never worked out for Abildgaard - I thought he might prove to be a shrewd signing. He arrived unfit but never got going. When CalMac got injured this should have been his chance to step up but it never happened. Good luck to him wherever he goes next.

I feel sorry for Ideguchi - he started well in his debut but was deliberately scythed down (of course no red card - it was against a Tim) and put out for months. Then when he returned got a bad cut in training that put him out again. It is going to be difficult for him to break into this midfield now so I guess he is best to move on to get gametime.

I hope Welsh goes on loan to an SPFL team so he gets experience in our league and so return a better player.

We'll see what happens with Juranovic and Giakoumakis. IF they do leave then we need to reinvest the profits wisely in match-ready starters rather than young projects.
It is a pity about Abildgaard, I confess I had quite high expectations for him in the hoops.
Just shows how difficult it is to break into our midfield.

Abildgaard , McCarthy, Ideguchi all good decent players who'd walk into any other Scottish sides starting XI.

Really difficult challenge to even get minutes in the Celtic midfield with Calmac a stick on to play if fit theres only 2 places to fight for, Hatate's and Oriley's.
Big Mooy has been performing so well I think he might've just displaced Oriley .

Cant second guess Ange though , playing Hatate at RB was inspired, though it really wasnt much he played as a traditional RB , not much defending to do, more of an old inside right.

I would be surprised if he continues with Hatate there though.
It's good to know hes an option there.
Mooy though is only getting better and better.
Our WC four have all returned with a well deserved swagger about them.

It is a pity about Abildgaard, I confess I had quite high expectations for him in the hoops.
Just shows how difficult it is to break into our midfield.

Abildgaard , McCarthy, Ideguchi all good decent players who'd walk into any other Scottish sides starting XI.

Really difficult challenge to even get minutes in the Celtic midfield with Calmac a stick on to play if fit theres only 2 places to fight for, Hatate's and Oriley's.
Big Mooy has been performing so well I think he might've just displaced Oriley .

Cant second guess Ange though , playing Hatate at RB was inspired, though it really wasnt much he played as a traditional RB , not much defending to do, more of an old inside right.

I would be surprised if he continues with Hatate there though.
It's good to know hes an option there.
Mooy though is only getting better and better.
Our WC four have all returned with a well deserved swagger about them.

I reckon if Ralston doesn’t make it against the Huns and Juranovic isn’t fit, Ange will play the Canadian Bhoy…

The Glasgow derby away game is not the place to make your debut, many, many players from both sides have tried and completely frozen, been overawed by the occasion, it’s a risk to throw him in, ange will know that……

I think Ange takes calculated risks…..if Ralston is out and Juranovic is for the off I can’t see Hatate being exposed to this game at right back…..time will tell right enough…..one game at a time though…

Can't see it, only if he's been outstanding in training, even then its a big game to make a debut in.
Wee Hatate is doing alright at rightback. so no need. Juranovic will be back anyhoo, unless he's sold this weekend.
Now that liewell is back he will be accepting offers for him right up to kick off time 😡

We are being linked with Rosenberg's 22 year old Casper Tengstedt. He has scored 15 goals in 14 appearances since returning from loan to Horsens in his native Denmark. He is currently under contract until 2026.
Looks like striker is now a priority in this window. South Korean Cho Gee-Song appears to be top choice but also seen Slovakian Ladislav Almasi and now Tengstedt as possibles.
I think Giakoumakis will be gone as soon as a replacement is signed.
We could also do with a young up and coming striker (18-20 y.o.) who can be a 3rd striker and get some games from the bench. Like Edouard when he first signed, we had Dembele and Griffiths but Eddy was number one choice within a year when Moussa left.

Members online

Latest posts

Back