22/23 January Transfer Window.

Reverting back to the OP -

Need - CF assassin
- CB better than Vickers to partner him
- natural Right wing quality to match the glut of competition we have on the left
- A classy DM option.
- shooting boots
- A physical pacey AM option. We chose between the Glimt lad and Jota.
I wanted both. Ola Solbakken has been injured and back and on and off the chosen ones radar for some time.

That's the CL wishlist. Could add RB and LB options as well.

It's highly unlikely we will see players brought in with the same impact as last Jan. Hope so!

Our playing squad has filled out more than we realise.

Big wage low game lads still here are our x2 james division...
Forrest has input and goals still.
Mc?
Cant mind what poster said he was an Ange signing?? He wasnt (DD)

I can see mibi a few younger players or projects coming.
The new CB for example.
Watched a good bit, more since I last commented. We have till the summer to get him up a level physically.
He can ping a ball anywhere on the park.
He was also noted for his duels and heading ability.
The duels were powder puff and the headers were bad crosses.
His positioning is decent though.

The biggest headache we have domestically is big boy CFs.
Every single one of them are usually machines. That's their job.
We brought in a big (dd) lad to deal with it and even with lenny tactics it didnt work.
Harsh on the football side as Duffy's family life caved as he was left as the head of the family away from home. Ill give him a pass on that - no hard feelings.

Disrupt our big lads and cause a nervous twitch. Is the wee Spl manager way. Keep it in mind.

CCV and to an extent Starfelt can hold their own. Merc and Welsh can tussle or get mugged depending how they are that day.
Brawn over brain. Passing a baw or life passes by. Never a solid run.

In Eroupe it's placement and switching off to movement that kills us. Poor passing from the back as our mf cant press a slip up and burn out trying.

One thing I seen was the lad (koba) is always in where the danger is... That's against fast techincal attackers in the J league. Not be the type to win a battle with a hammer chucker but if he closes space and stops a shot/killer pass then that could be just as valuable.
If he gets flattened and we loose a goal ...

Heard the "greats" wee cb patter a million times. The chances of us finding one are slim.

I'm genuinely scratching my napper at this one. Looking forward to seeing him on the park all the same.
Say the same as last time.
I hope koby is mental.
Snapping at heels and bothering, in an ungracious manner, suitable or ratter unsuitably at all opportunitieses at all times.

The Americans used "Jap" in the most terrible fashion as an ethic slur.

By the same slur mechanisims

Im a pape, a fenian bastard , not religious but a bead rattler as well apparently. Dont mind annuum in any variety

I want therefore a Japanese Russel devil to emerge

SPL as a last resort call in Constantine as a 4th official

Way throw shite at the moon if it sticks 😨

Last edited:
New Celtic right-back Alistair Johnston got fans talking with a quickly-deleted Instagram comment that teased a return to the Scottish champions for 31-year-old midfielder Victor Wanyama, his former Montreal team-mate.
Whats with all these rumours of returning players? I dont think its Anges style to recruit yesterdays men. I'm sure he has plenty of targets on his radar already.

Whats with all these rumours of returning players? I dont think its Anges style to recruit yesterdays men. I'm sure he has plenty of targets on his radar already.
Got sent the dembele one... instant fact check showed the Moose on £52k.
Wouldn't say that deal would be impossible. Take him for 5m pass him on for 10m in the summer.

We wouldn't move forward with that.
We cant showcase him in Europe.

Clickbait nonsense. MD will get sorted out with a bigger wage somewhere and bam up the huns from afar.

Wouldn't mind a 3rd CF coming in.
Ange will know the next guy has to be deadly.
I'd say the existing squad given a 2nd crack WILL score more goals.

Wonder what our "cap" is now.
From weird google searches we keeping it tight but with more options.

The hacks are attacking us for wages.
Tells me we as getting extraordinary value 😉

Rumour we're signing Keito Nakamura from LASK in Austria. 22 yo att mid/winger. A few sites had rumour of signing another Japanese player but no name. Celtic Underground saying Nakamura
Record reporting it’s current J League player of the year Tomoki Iwata of Yokohama Marinos we’re interested in.
Defensive midfielder or centre half, 25 y.o. Capped by Japan.
Ange signed him for Yokohama

Tomoki Iwaya has supposedly already been granted a work permit before his $1m loan to transfer deal with Celtic. Hopefully this means he will get a good early headstart to his Celtic career in 2023. Obviously Ange likes and trusts him so he will probably feature a wee bit in the remainder of the season.

Back