3rd signing by Lenny

BILLCOWIE1958

The addition of Bolingoli Mbombo brings our close season recruitment spent to £10 Mill plus whatever we paid Bolton W for Luca Connell

That and the £3.25 message of intent in going for David Turnbull has certainly already set the cat among the doos as far as the Gullibillies are concerned

And the fact that our closed season spending probably isn't complete yet must unsettle even the most positive minded HUN

After so many wasted Transfer windows and what seemed like apathy from Lawell and the board after Snake Oil arrived is this us now waking up and realising that we can perhaps move to the next level in Europe?

As long as we keep winning our domestic league that will deny the HUNS the opportunity to access the CL Holy Grail income Whether We qualify for it or not
We came within a Baw Hair of doing it last season v AEK Athens which was rather reminiscent of MON's last minute failure v FC Basel 16 years previously

Slender margins right enough but fortunes depending on them

If Rogic KT and Calmac leave that will bring in a hefty chunk of cash which although all won't be reinvested at least our Business Model will be maintained

Furthermore if Sinclair leaves which will probably happen before he enters the 1 year extension period that will further boost the transfer kitty

And furthermore still if N'tcham ships out then even more £Mills will roll in? And with Mulumbu and Comper's salaries shed from the payroll along with that of Lustig Boyata DE Vries and Rogers and his staff compared to what Lenny and Co will be getting things would appear to be heading in a very healthy fiianciall direction

It's just unfortunate that we didn't cash in on Boyata and the £9 million figure that was being bandied around last summer especially as keeping him made no odds on our CL qualification Or lack of it

Taking the £7 million we paid for Christopher Julien That would have been covered by the compen we received from Leicester City for our Rat Manager

Trimming the squad back to realistic numbers and bringing Academy kids through can save the Club fortunes Money which could be invested in the new hotel which in turn will eventually see profits ploughed back into the Club and hopefully the Team

And hopefully Lenny and his coaching staff can curtail the extreme injury list next season again not necessitating such a bloated squad however much of that will depend on our players receiving adequate protection from officials so perhaps we shouldn't put too much reliance or trust in that

Everything seems to be clicking into place as we embark on our 2nd 9 IAR campaign and with proper management and guidance I have no doubt that this is achievable despite the false whoops and hollars eminating from down Govan way and the false dawn reporting by SMSM and Scottish Media

On the whole am I as upbeat as I was when BR arrived with Dembele in tow or the following season after we'd done our Invincible Treble Or the last season when it looked as though John McGinn would be joining us for a ceack at a TREBLE TREBLE and CL football for a 3rd successive year?

Yes I reckon I am 9IAR is ours to lose Not their's to win and with a wee bit of good fortune I reckon CL Group stages are achievable too

We lost our Top Striker and domestically it did not matter 1 iota

We lost a 40 goal a season striker in Griff for the bulk of the season and demonstrated that even with a horrendous injury list we were more than a match for every other team in the league

Then we lost our Manager but we soldiered on dealt with the transitions and continued to do what we do best WIN!!!

If you want to measure what difference losing a player or manager makes remove a handful of dry sand from a bucket and gauge the space it leaves behind

HH?

Last edited:
Now we’re signing a funny winger. ???
To be fair it’s better than the mingers deidco are signing. You see the pish Slippys spouting on Sky we’re no letting eldufflecoat go at the last minute. ???????
Oh ma fuckin ribs. The club that keeps oan giving. ????????

HH ?
They're gettin desperate ,nae bids for him so far ?Dortmund must have dropped their interest ?

Many people said that about Edouard. Yet he scored the most important goals of the season and we won the treble treble.

Bet Mikey can add to that.

I don't think we need to bring someone in.

If anybody actually said Eddy wasn’t a striker then they are beyond the pale. However, Johnston definitely isn’t. He’s too skinny to lead the line. In any league not just ours and until he iOS his fitness probably couldn’t last a whole game if it’s hammer and tongs.

Members online

Latest posts

Back