3rd signing by Lenny

:) I knew you would be onto that. Pity he couldn’t last the whole game or you might have had me. But he didn’t. Broke down.

One of the very best goals we have ever scored in the CL. Still needs to toughen up and get fitter though. Doesn’t he? :)

The ENTIRE squad needs their fitness brought up to speed not just Mikey Johnston
1st competitive game of the season after a 5 week lay off

The bhoy was scoring goals for fun in pre season friendlies and Lennon made him captain in one of the games in Austria

Link that with him being given a starting berth last night it would appear that the manager has a lot more faith in the kid than you do

This debate started with people clamouring for us to sign ANOTHER striker due to Bayo's injury You also claimed that Bayo would return only to be injured again which I considered to be quite the sweeping statement

I merely pointed out that with Edouard Griffiths and Bayo as probably our 3 1st choice striking options and Johnston as back up if and when required why go out and spend fortunes on ANOTHER striker especially when Johnston is callable of scoring goals even if he doesn't always last the full 90 minutes

So if the bhoy needs toughening up that's a job for the coaching and fitness staff The nutritionists and sports scientists God we've got enough of them

As for me 'almost having you' I think you're kidding yourself on there

I had no intention of 'having you' or anyone else for that matter

I'm simply pointing out the fact that it's financially unfeasible to go out and buy a 4th striker because one of the main 3 has picked up an injury especially when Johnston can be fitted in to cover when necessary

Apart from the monetary aspect how is the manager going to accommodate 4 1st choice strikers as well as Johnston when all are fully fit? That just leads to unhappy players

Players pick up injuries It's the nature of the beast but they recover and return

Cast your mind back to season 2001/2 when MON brought in John Harston as back up to Larsson and Sutton and initially he couldn't get into the team and he was a £6 million player

Go with the 3 main strikers we have Let Johnston work away at his fitness and stamina and use him in the 1st team as and when required because he certainly has the ability to do a job for us and he definitely knows the route to goal

HH?

Same answer to you Bill. Him not being able to last I think proves my point. Fabulous goal though,

It certainly does NOT prove your point as I explained in my last post

We cannot just run out and buy a player each time someone gets injured Especially not quality players as we don't have an elasticated wallet And if we can't afford better than what we have why bother

We've wasted enough money on players without throwing good after bad

Marvin Comper Dirk Boerigter Jack Hendry Eboue Kouassi There's the best part of £10 million right there!

If we have players with genuine talent like Johnston Nurture them Embrace them Bring them through Develop them It'll pay off big time in the long run

HH?

We cannot just run out and buy a player each time someone gets injured Especially not quality players as we don't have an elasticated wallet And if we can't afford better than what we have why bother

Marvin Comper Dirk Boerigter Jack Hendry Eboue Kouassi There's the best part of £10 million right there!

If we have players with genuine talent like Johnston Nurture them Embrace them Bring them through Develop them It'll pay off big time in the long run

HH?

When did I say we need to run out and buy players when someone is injured. That’s what you read into what I said, but that’s not what I said. That would be fuckibg mentsl. I was talking about a specific situation regarding our strikers and if Bayo was out, Griff just back I think it would be prudent. Not in every case.

Bayo won’t be out as long as thstz that. My point by was Mikey couldn’t last a game without cramp, Lenny agreed with that, and although a winger who scores goals wasn’t able yet to lead the line. That’s was the point by and he isn’t. He couldn’t last the game.

Never mind the strikers, who'll be the RB?
This one is really vexing me Shammy and I know that I'm being impatient the windows open. I'm suffering withdrawals this morning after getting my Celtic fix last night it's back to the drudgery of SMSM and UKMSM hypothetical this and that what it's and sources close to etc. Woke up this morning feeling fine (not going to break into song dont worry :p. Lenny putting Ajer at RB I think shows his belief Ralston is quite a bit away from being a starter at RB. I also may have missed someone else writing it previously but we've also had sinky lead the line as a striker and did well considering hes a winger but vastly more experienced. If a problem through injuries cost us our strikers then for me it would fall once more to sinky to fill in there til such a time as we have got strikers but it's all it's and buts akin to SMSM I will say I dont recall sinky letting us down when he's been asked to that shift. I'm concerned a little just about how many injuries bayo has had since he signed but it could just be that he's never experienced the level of training intensity before his move and is adjusting to it now. Still in with you on the RB, 2 xRB even . We still need I think about 4 or 5 new faces 1st team ready. I said the windows open but this is not the first window weve failed to land a good RB. Still I have faith in lenny to deliver 1 hopefully 2. It's not fair on the bhoy Ralston so the sooner it's done the better we'll all feel as its the weak link in the chain. HH

HH?
Get you on that but Kouassi has had dreadful luck with injuries and looked like he was coming onto a game last season. So he's one I've not given up on. Is he broonys replacement Though? Tbth I dont know as we just haven't seen enough of him but I think he'll have a better chance this season as we rotate teams for tourneys HH

This one is really vexing me Shammy and I know that I'm being impatient the windows open. I'm suffering withdrawals this morning after getting my Celtic fix last night it's back to the drudgery of SMSM and UKMSM hypothetical this and that what it's and sources close to etc. Woke up this morning feeling fine (not going to break into song dont worry :p. Lenny putting Ajer at RB I think shows his belief Ralston is quite a bit away from being a starter at RB. I also may have missed someone else writing it previously but we've also had sinky lead the line as a striker and did well considering hes a winger but vastly more experienced. If a problem through injuries cost us our strikers then for me it would fall once more to sinky to fill in there til such a time as we have got strikers but it's all it's and buts akin to SMSM I will say I dont recall sinky letting us down when he's been asked to that shift. I'm concerned a little just about how many injuries bayo has had since he signed but it could just be that he's never experienced the level of training intensity before his move and is adjusting to it now. Still in with you on the RB, 2 xRB even . We still need I think about 4 or 5 new faces 1st team ready. I said the windows open but this is not the first window weve failed to land a good RB. Still I have faith in lenny to deliver 1 hopefully 2. It's not fair on the bhoy Ralston so the sooner it's done the better we'll all feel as its the weak link in the chain. HH

An RB or 2 must hopefully be at the top of the agenda, and yes the proof was there last night Lenny doesn't think Ralston is good enough but didn't big Odin do the job well?
We're still about 4 players short of completing the team.

An RB or 2 must hopefully be at the top of the agenda, and yes the proof was there last night Lenny doesn't think Ralston is good enough but didn't big Odin do the job well?
We're still about 4 players short of completing the team.
We still have quite a few players to come in like arzani and shved and both excite me as they play to our style of attacking fitba. We also have jack Hendry (just kidding ?) but even then he's young and may well surprise us all though im not holding my breath for that long (what ? I'm a smoker ?)

We still have quite a few players to come in like arzani and shved and both excite me as they play to our style of attacking fitba. We also have jack Hendry (just kidding ?) but even then he's young and may well surprise us all though im not holding my breath for that long (what ? I'm a smoker ?)

We haven't really seen much of Arzani and Shved but hopes are high on both of them. Hendry should be loaned out because if we keep him we'll end up playing him.

I'll be very dissapointed if theres no RBS signed but I do believe that we are on it given our super fast dealings so far. Q) if we bring in 2 1st team ready RBS will Ralston be kept as the 2nd back up? My A) no he should be loaned out for another season at least to see if he can do it for killie or anyone else for that matter HH TCAH

I'll be very dissapointed if theres no RBS signed but I do believe that we are on it given our super fast dealings so far. Q) if we bring in 2 1st team ready RBS will Ralston be kept as the 2nd back up? My A) no he should be loaned out for another season at least to see if he can do it for killie or anyone else for that matter HH TCAH

Ralston has failed to step up for me despite looking postive at the start. Just doesnt seem up for the bite at times. Goes missing and can be a waste of a shirt.

He needs to find himself and his mojo fast for time waits for no-man.

Lenny will give him the chance to do this first but lenny is nobody’s mug.

Could be farmed out is what the bhoys needing. Who knows? He does.

Pity he couldn’t last the whole game or you might have had me. But he didn’t. Broke down.

One of the very best goals we have ever scored in the CL. Still needs to toughen up and get fitter though. Doesn’t he?

Wrong yet again. First, he didn't break down. The pitch was awful and several players on both sides went off. Your argument, as usual, doesn't hold water.

I don't think he needs to toughen up. I think he needs to keep playing like he's playing.

Wrong yet again. First, he didn't break down. The pitch was awful and several players on both sides went off. Your argument, as usual, doesn't hold water.

I don't think he needs to toughen up. I think he needs to keep playing like he's playing.

behind the goals

Look at the state of the pitch not only is it cutting up badly but it would have been heavy going on the legs a few hamstrings will feel tight this morning

That's not the reason why Corpus is a good player, though.

No but it will help him minimise most injury time-outs and the severity of them to his person.

Corpus is not pushed out the game as much and deals with injuries quicker since he went to aberdeen came back and added the couple of kilos.

The more muscle the better in the physical environment a Celtic player plays in.

Why is wanting a bit of protection to our players a bad thing? Am i missing something.

No but it will help him minimise most injury time-outs and the severity of them to his person.

Corpus is not pushed out the game as much and deals with injuries quicker since he went to aberdeen came back and added the couple of kilos.

The more muscle the better in the physical environment a Celtic player plays in.

Why is wanting a bit of protection to our players a bad thing? Am i missing something.

No you're not missing something but some player's physiques don't always lend themselves to being bulked out by muscle. If it wasn't the case then all clubs would beef up all their players. It would probably stifle Mikey's fleet of foot. If Celtic thought it was the thing to do then believe me they would have done it long ago when he was developing.

Members online

Latest posts

Back