3rd signing by Lenny

Johnston isn’t a striker. If Bayo is going to be out for a couple of months, I would hope to bring someone in.

Burke isn't a striker either but it didn't stop us playing him as such I'd consider Johnston a better striking option than Burke

We also have Jack Aitchison who needs to step up and prove himself after 2 loan spells

We've also played wee Jamesey in the striker position in the past

Signing another striker when we already have 3 established strikers on the books plus fringe strikers in the reserves seems a bit OTT

How are we going to accommodate 4 strikers when all fully fit?

I'm sure despite our input and suggestions Lenny and Lawell will have their own ideas on the subject

HH?

Burke isn't a striker either but it didn't stop us playing him as such I'd consider Johnston a better striking option than Burke

We also have Jack Aitchison who needs to step up and prove himself after 2 loan spells

We've also played wee Jamesey in the striker position in the past

Signing another striker when we already have 3 established strikers on the books plus fringe strikers in the reserves seems a bit OTT

How are we going to accommodate 4 strikers when all fully fit?

I'm sure despite our input and suggestions Lenny and Lawell will have their own ideas on the subject

HH?

Because we played someone worse in that role, doesn’t make it ok to play another player not suited to the role either as he would be marginally better. Mikey was like a little fish swimming about with sharks. He had zero impact, lost the ball continually and we were a man down, Mikey is a good player, but has fitness and strength issues and going up against a couple of big centre half’s would be like sending in a schoolboy. His build is still like a schoolboys and nowhere near the strength required to hold his own in that position. For me it’s a no no. It would be unfair on the player and could affect his overall confidence. He’s not a striker. He’s a winger who can score goals, not someone to lead the line.

Because we played someone worse in that role, doesn’t make it ok to play another player not suited to the role either as he would be marginally better. Mikey was like a little fish swimming about with sharks. He had zero impact, lost the ball continually and we were a man down, Mikey is a good player, but has fitness and strength issues and going up against a couple of big centre half’s would be like sending in a schoolboy. His build is still like a schoolboys and nowhere near the strength required to hold his own in that position. For me it’s a no no. It would be unfair on the player and could affect his overall confidence. He’s not a striker. He’s a winger who can score goals, not someone to lead the line.

He also scored a double in our 2-1 defeat of Hearts the week before the Cup Final

Cast your mind back 6 or 7 years James Forrest had fitness and strength issues which he resolved and Tom Rogic still does Fitness issues at least

HH?

He also scored a double in our 2-1 defeat of Hearts the week before the Cup Final

Cast your mind back 6 or 7 years James Forrest had fitness and strength issues which he resolved and Tom Rogic still does Fitness issues at least

HH?

I’m not for a moment saying he was or us the only player. In regard to Forrest, he’s stronger, the major issue for most of Forrest’s career was that his final ball was never good enough, often enough. Rogic is stronger physically, but is prone to injury, he doesn’t get muscles off the ball. He has always had an impact against Sevco and James has improved his final ball.

I just don’t think Mickey is there yet and Lenny told him he wasn’t happy with his fitness levels either. Skill alone isn’t enough in today’s game. Johnston needs to improve his core strength and overall fitness to last a while game without secumbing to cramp.

It just wouldn’t be an option I would be happy with, especially in our CL qualification.

You're basing your analysis on a game several months ago, rather than what he's done in the last couple of games? OK.

I’m basing it on his sleight frame and lack of fitness that Lenny put a rocket up his arse about ten days ago.

Regardless of what you think or I, I guarantee you Lenny wouldn’t use him as the sole striker until he toughens up and us able to last 90minutes without collapsing with cramp.

Bay looks like he won’t be out for too long, but I would be dissapointed if he ever leads the line in his current physical state. He’s a wee boy and doesn’t look as if he could cope with one hefty clatter, never mind continuous throughout a game.

He has good skill but to my eye is a wee boy who isn’t strong enough yet. Let’s see how many starts he gets with Shved there and Arzani when he’s fit. He got game time because we were running on fumes. Bring in stronger players and my money will be on a year on the bench for most games.

I could be wrong, but I hope not. I want players with skill and strength, he has the skill in patches, fades out of the game too often. That might be down to his lack of fitness. Still isn’t good enough though and getting told that by the manager let’s you know exactly how he sees his development. Get fitter get stronger. If he doesn’t, for me he will never command a berth in the team. A sub yes, but never a first pick.

I’m not for a moment saying he was or us the only player. In regard to Forrest, he’s stronger, the major issue for most of Forrest’s career was that his final ball was never good enough, often enough. Rogic is stronger physically, but is prone to injury, he doesn’t get muscles off the ball. He has always had an impact against Sevco and James has improved his final ball.

I just don’t think Mickey is there yet and Lenny told him he wasn’t happy with his fitness levels either. Skill alone isn’t enough in today’s game. Johnston needs to improve his core strength and overall fitness to last a while game without secumbing to cramp.

It just wouldn’t be an option I would be happy with, especially in our CL qualification.

From what I've just witnessed from Mikey Johnston I think you've done the Bhoy a massive disservice and are way off the mark in your statements earlier about the lad

HH?

I’m basing it on his sleight frame and lack of fitness that Lenny put a rocket up his arse about ten days ago.

Regardless of what you think or I, I guarantee you Lenny wouldn’t use him as the sole striker until he toughens up and us able to last 90minutes without collapsing with cramp.

Bay looks like he won’t be out for too long, but I would be dissapointed if he ever leads the line in his current physical state. He’s a wee boy and doesn’t look as if he could cope with one hefty clatter, never mind continuous throughout a game.

He has good skill but to my eye is a wee boy who isn’t strong enough yet.

But he's apparently strong enough to fend off three defenders and score the equalizer. Way to go Mikey!

But he's apparently strong enough to fend off three defenders and score the equalizer. Way to go Mikey!

:) I knew you would be onto that. Pity he couldn’t last the whole game or you might have had me. But he didn’t. Broke down.

One of the very best goals we have ever scored in the CL. Still needs to toughen up and get fitter though. Doesn’t he? :)

Back