A thought for the poor people on Easter Monday

I should have said dormition (or falling asleep) of Mary TGJC

John of Damascus was a saint who lived around time of early islam and was allowed into the caliph court to discuss his faith. One of the great sources of islamic errors and why in his writings. Still never been adequately answered by Muslims to this day.

Anyway he also wrote in great length about Mary, her falling asleep and the assumed taking of her body and soul by christ straight to his right hand supported y the to book o revelations and the ark of the covenant, the woman clothed with the sun and stars standing on the moon.

Anyway he is an hour long audio book of one of the most cherished early church fathers, the assumption bit is second story on the audio around 30 mins in.

Anyway he is an orthodox saint as well as catholic John damascene worked in syria.

beautiful writer worth a listen for people who love mary

I start this youtube at 9 mins but its worth listen to it all.

I apologise for wrong expression of death rather than falling asleep and I thank tgjc for the correction which is very necessary

watch

On the contrary TET, I wasn't chastising you in any way, not in the slightest. I was merely reiterating what I had been told on many an occasion.
I didn't even pick you up on it as I didn't think you had suggested anything otherwise, however there are many schools of thought who have researched the subject of The Virgin Mary regarding her time of death, burial place and witnesses to any of these events and there appears to be little or nothing on them at all.
This lends muscle to the writers of the day and moreso to whom suggest Mary was picked as the handmaiden of God, and as such would be granted the status of one who is above and beyond the taint and fallibility of human mortality.
Hence the feast-day of the Assumption on 15th August especially reserved for Her.

TET, your videos and regular insights are excellent food for the mind, and I often watch, read and reread them, not to overlook anything.

Great stuff mate, I envy your talent.

I should have said dormition (or falling asleep) of Mary TGJC

John of Damascus was a saint who lived around time of early islam and was allowed into the caliph court to discuss his faith. One of the great sources of islamic errors and why in his writings. Still never been adequately answered by Muslims to this day.

Anyway he also wrote in great length about Mary, her falling asleep and the assumed taking of her body and soul by christ straight to his right hand supported y the to book o revelations and the ark of the covenant, the woman clothed with the sun and stars standing on the moon.

Anyway he is an hour long audio book of one of the most cherished early church fathers, the assumption bit is second story on the audio around 30 mins in.

Anyway he is an orthodox saint as well as catholic John damascene worked in syria.

beautiful writer worth a listen for people who love mary

I start this youtube at 9 mins but its worth listen to it all.

I apologise for wrong expression of death rather than falling asleep and I thank tgjc for the correction which is very necessary

watch

Will give it a bash later Tet. I am always interested in philosophical thought and whether I can get a grip on it. HH.

I was advised by my history teacher many many years ago there are only 30 scrolls have been found that attest to Julius Caesar having lived and nobody disputes that he was a historical figure. To date there have been found 300 scrolls that attest to Jesus Christ having been a historical figure. That’s good enough for me

In my 15 year quest for "truth", I have opened many doors and entered places where it was most uncomfortable to visit. Sometimes I think of the old saying "Ignorance is bliss" and I can easily identify with that saying much more than I did 15 years ago. I sometimes (recently), wonder if finding the truth to be a worthwhile pursuit. When I ponder the question of the worthiness of pursuing knowledge that bears heavy burdens, I can at least think of the fact that through the knowledge I have gained, I am 100% certain we have a creator (or creators), and I feel sure I can pray to my creator and the creator either listens, or some positive force turn events from negativity to positivity. I am uncertain what I should do with all the knowledge I have accumulated. It is powerful and dangerous. It alienates and bonds. I feel privileged and also burdened. I watch carefree people get on with their lives unburdened by dark knowledge, and I fully understand why people would rather not know things that rip their reality to shreds. To quote Morpheus from the Matrix movie: “This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes" I recently thought, what if you (metaphorically) take no pill at all? You live in a world half way between uncomfortable truths and reassuring lies, a selective belief system based on what you want to believe, what you can handle and what you don't want to know about. I think that is where most people choose to be. Respect.

Members online

Latest posts

Back