A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

The only thing this money has done for football is price the man in the street out of football, when you look at the price even for on game takes a lot out out of the pocket . We have all seen the empty seats at at stadiums up and down the country up north down south it’s the same complete stands and empty seats all around , people trying to buy success on the pitch at the cost of supporters in the stand we are are aware of the uplift in energy costs the disgusting situation in Ukraine the family budget is going to make people look twice clubs are really going to struggle and push some of the out of the game yes they brought a lot of money into the game but we lost a lot of support with a lot more to come

The only thing this money has done for football is price the man in the street out of football, when you look at the price even for on game takes a lot out out of the pocket . We have all seen the empty seats at at stadiums up and down the country up north down south it’s the same complete stands and empty seats all around , people trying to buy success on the pitch at the cost of supporters in the stand we are are aware of the uplift in energy costs the disgusting situation in Ukraine the family budget is going to make people look twice clubs are really going to struggle and push some of the out of the game yes they brought a lot of money into the game but we lost a lot of support with a lot more to come
Got to agree Digger. I actually don't watch CL football. Money has completely ruined the game. If it wasn't for my love of Celtic, I would have no problem giving up on the game.

On my morning trawl around reddit, I found many many things of interest, unfortunately most of them weren't appropriate for a football forum
👀😱👀😳

I did find this & my initial response WTF?

If ever there was a reason for reconstruction of our domestic league, then this CL format is evidence that a 38-game programme with an obvious imbalance post split is not a practical reality.

If Celtic want to be seen as a regular participant in this type of competition - then they have to start lobbying for change domestically.

Expand the top division to 18-clubs, straight home and away, no feckin splits and only one visit to the shitdome each season.

Long ago with the money that's been bought into the game, has destroyed the game to the one I once knew.
The elite teams are more so brands nowadays with the actual football team only a poor second to the money on offer, for the money men within the game.
Even ourselves as a club gets caught up in this bollocks also, as the money side of football has tended to brainwashed many a football supporters throughout European football still, sadly.
Even many of our own supporters want us to win the league due to stopping the scum getting there dirty hands on CL money.
Yet since the bodo defeat and the manner it was handed out, made me feel that we are still a long way short of actually been good enough for a worthy CL team, sadly imo.
So winning the league, will actually call upon a big spend, to get use competive within the CL as such, with unrest if its not achieved, especially with so much untrust with this current board still.
The point I'm making is just how the money factor within the game, even has such an outlook on our own views as such overall.
Still remain very much old school, and struggle with the change within the current money orientated football market as such but such is the way things are.
Yet I will stick by with my current outlook, which I much prefer at present.
I want the league title as 1 more to getting the overall most league titles won.
Want the treble for us to own the most trebles won.
Only 4 trophies (I think) short now of having the most trophies won in Scotland.
These remain bigger goals for myself still, than getting so wrapped up into the money trap still, even if it can't be ignored either.
European football for a team like ourselves is a process as such, and I believe we are only worthy of Europa league standard currently and have to build upon that still yet, and believe we still can.
CL football can give us the glamour nights, but the bigger picture still takes preference for myself anyway at present.
As the elite clubs are run as brands as such, I still believe our club has a brand that many of the elite would be very envious of still, but sadly that possibly will never gain its full worth all the while we are stuck in the backwards mentality of Scottish football still.
Yes I would like for our club to be part of the money orientated bigger picture within European football still, but in the meantime regaining Scottish dominance and overall glory takes preference for myself anyway

On my morning trawl around reddit, I found many many things of interest, unfortunately most of them weren't appropriate for a football forum
👀😱👀😳

I did find this & my initial response WTF?

Oh ffs 😂 I've got a better idea just pass me the glue so I can have snnniffff first right.
I propose the all new gigantic league.
Only the top 150 clubs qualify automatically and 150 clubs must qualify through the crossbar challenge.
Once its whittled down to the last 150 it's a h&a ko leaving 75 clubs plus 1 best loser . Every club plays each other twice dinna league format and after that the top 16 clubs split into 1 group of 16 with the top 8 progressing.
Then the top 8 split into 2 groups of 4 to determine the semi finalists.
If anyone is still alive by the time Dundee United get revenge for rome when they was " robbed" they will see that this is as good an idea as the other one which I'm positive also involved a pot of glue, some numbered balls and a few nursery fish bowls.
The tournament would start of in january with the opening game played in bodo in the arctic and the final will take place on hogmanay December same year , definitely same century on the moon or if the moon is booked the jupiter space station.
Aye i know theres no jupiter space station but there should be by the time we get to the final.
Whit? It's as good an idea as that shite.
Super league by the back door. Also any club who's paid £50 million for a player is deducted 1 point per £50 million player.
So man city will start on -11 pts .
Aye happy with that 🤔

Oh ffs 😂 I've got a better idea just pass me the glue so I can have snnniffff first right.
I propose the all new gigantic league.
Only the top 150 clubs qualify automatically and 150 clubs must qualify through the crossbar challenge.
Once its whittled down to the last 150 it's a h&a ko leaving 75 clubs plus 1 best loser . Every club plays each other twice dinna league format and after that the top 16 clubs split into 1 group of 16 with the top 8 progressing.
Then the top 8 split into 2 groups of 4 to determine the semi finalists.
If anyone is still alive by the time Dundee United get revenge for rome when they was " robbed" they will see that this is as good an idea as the other one which I'm positive also involved a pot of glue, some numbered balls and a few nursery fish bowls.
The tournament would start of in january with the opening game played in bodo in the arctic and the final will take place on hogmanay December same year , definitely same century on the moon or if the moon is booked the jupiter space station.
Aye i know theres no jupiter space station but there should be by the time we get to the final.
Whit? It's as good an idea as that shite.
Super league by the back door. Also any club who's paid £50 million for a player is deducted 1 point per £50 million player.
So man city will start on -11 pts .
Aye happy with that 🤔
…but u fogot the Tavpens?

Long ago with the money that's been bought into the game, has destroyed the game to the one I once knew.
The elite teams are more so brands nowadays with the actual football team only a poor second to the money on offer, for the money men within the game.
Even ourselves as a club gets caught up in this bollocks also, as the money side of football has tended to brainwashed many a football supporters throughout European football still, sadly.
Even many of our own supporters want us to win the league due to stopping the scum getting there dirty hands on CL money.
Yet since the bodo defeat and the manner it was handed out, made me feel that we are still a long way short of actually been good enough for a worthy CL team, sadly imo.
So winning the league, will actually call upon a big spend, to get use competive within the CL as such, with unrest if its not achieved, especially with so much untrust with this current board still.
The point I'm making is just how the money factor within the game, even has such an outlook on our own views as such overall.
Still remain very much old school, and struggle with the change within the current money orientated football market as such but such is the way things are.
Yet I will stick by with my current outlook, which I much prefer at present.
I want the league title as 1 more to getting the overall most league titles won.
Want the treble for us to own the most trebles won.
Only 4 trophies (I think) short now of having the most trophies won in Scotland.
These remain bigger goals for myself still, than getting so wrapped up into the money trap still, even if it can't be ignored either.
European football for a team like ourselves is a process as such, and I believe we are only worthy of Europa league standard currently and have to build upon that still yet, and believe we still can.
CL football can give us the glamour nights, but the bigger picture still takes preference for myself anyway at present.
As the elite clubs are run as brands as such, I still believe our club has a brand that many of the elite would be very envious of still, but sadly that possibly will never gain its full worth all the while we are stuck in the backwards mentality of Scottish football still.
Yes I would like for our club to be part of the money orientated bigger picture within European football still, but in the meantime regaining Scottish dominance and overall glory takes preference for myself anyway
Well said johnno and bang on about the money side. It's not like we get to see any of it heaven forbid DDs tash would hang its head or arse , can never figure out which is which in shame if we saw the money.
The brands are already taking over that pretty soon itll be Motherwell buckfast Vs Irn Bru Clyde, Guiness Celtic Vs pisswater sevco , Anadin Extra Aberdeen Vs Rocky road Raith rovers. Tunnocks Tea Cakes Cowdenbeath Vs Housing Association Hamilton .

Since this seems to be a kind of anything goes thread, I'd like to share a wee personal ritual I go through from time to time, ( Actually, and thankfully, quite often in recent years ).
Got to go way back to the 28th April 1973. The place, Easter Road. Celtic won what was then an historic 8th title on the trot. Very hard fought campaign, which only made it all the more special.
Anyway, back to my tale. In company one Saturday night quite some time later, and a young lady in the company asked me if I knew my photo was in Rodger Baillie's book, playing for Celtic No5.
I, of course, checked it out. And there it was. A spread over pages eight and nine of a shot of the crowd behind the goals. Myself and two of my brothers quite clearly visible. The same photo is on The Celtic Star site incidentally.
Where the ritual comes in is that it was the last Celtic game I ever attended with both those brothers at the same time. They've both passed on.
So, when we win a title or a trophy, I look out that book and spend some time in quiet contemplation with my two brothers again. Strange thing for someone who doesn't believe in any kind of afterlife.

Since this seems to be a kind of anything goes thread, I'd like to share a wee personal ritual I go through from time to time, ( Actually, and thankfully, quite often in recent years ).
Got to go way back to the 28th April 1973. The place, Easter Road. Celtic won what was then an historic 8th title on the trot. Very hard fought campaign, which only made it all the more special.
Anyway, back to my tale. In company one Saturday night quite some time later, and a young lady in the company asked me if I knew my photo was in Rodger Baillie's book, playing for Celtic No5.
I, of course, checked it out. And there it was. A spread over pages eight and nine of a shot of the crowd behind the goals. Myself and two of my brothers quite clearly visible. The same photo is on The Celtic Star site incidentally.
Where the ritual comes in is that it was the last Celtic game I ever attended with both those brothers at the same time. They've both passed on.
So, when we win a title or a trophy, I look out that book and spend some time in quiet contemplation with my two brothers again. Strange thing for someone who doesn't believe in any kind of afterlife.
Hail Hail Frank💪

That's a brilliant story Frank and what's the chances of that happening? And you're right this is an anything goes thread put up because so much is going on right now that you could be reading the sandmans thread for the st Mirren game and find yourself reading about Ukraine or Brexit and all manner of stuff. So might as well have a thread for all manner of stuff HH great story.
Also that same year picasso died and I was born.
I think some of his creativity was transferred into my consciousness.
I mean just look at those paragraphs.

Back in the day you used to look forward to watching champions league games. now I can’t tell you when I was last interested in the final
Next season when the champions league starts we should all put forward who we each think will be in the last 8.
I'd bet a large number of us gets it bang on and a lot just one or two clubs out its so predictable not the results but definitely which clubs are going to be in the last 8

Next season when the champions league starts we should all put forward who we each think will be in the last 8.
I'd bet a large number of us gets it bang on and a lot just one or two clubs out its so predictable not the results but definitely which clubs are going to be in the last 8
Could nearly do that now winter for next season with the competition becoming so predictable nowadays

And the chances of you correctly predicting next seasons last 8 is high
Maybe winter, and on the subject of predicting and your good self opening up a anything goes on football matters, can't resist to being a naughty bhoy and asking just how many could be tuning into the scum game tomorrow, hoping to add another 3 points in the business end of the predictor championship 😂
Total relief to myself not having to get caught up in such a dilemma, but still very curious to know how everyone, including your good self winter, actually sleep at night with such dilemmas facing yourselves 😂😂

I'd say there would be a couple of "surprises" but they'd still be teams from the "top" (richest) leagues.

The tv companies are obsessed with showing these big club matches and big club owners seem to have bought into this nonsense now too. But most fans are getting bored stupid (except for recent converts to European clubs who are based in Africa & Asia) with these over-hyped clashes which so often end up as crap spectacles. Not only are they playing each other a lot in European matches but also in pre-season and now post-season friendly tournaments so these games are no longer special or memorable.

It is the same here in Scotland with the top clubs playing each other 3 to 6 times (including cup ties) every single sodding season! It is boring for fans and the players must get fed up playing the same opponents far too many times.

I'd prefer clubs to play slightly less games with more variety of opponents. And UEFA make enough money already so would be better returning to the days of their ties being on free-to-air national tv stations rather than low audience expensive sports channels (I know there are other options to paying for these) which increases the profile & publicity of these games.

The Bond that will never be Broken

Last Friday, my brother in law phoned me with the best news my baby sis & my wee nephew were coming home. Katlin is the baby of the family, My wife & I brought her up from when she was 18mths old (long story)

Anyway on Sunday morning for 1st time in 3yrs I could give my Kato a hug. The last week has been an emotional roller coaster & filled with moments of chaos, anger, apolgies. My Sister is away for a job interview, so today I've spent it looking after Wee Tommy my lovely nephew, he been helping me with plants in the garden, when the wee man through both Kathleen & I, "Uncle Tommy can I ask a question, Aye,

You know I don't have any Grannies or Grandas of my own, Yes trying to keep my emotions in check, Can Aunty Kathleen & You be my Granny & Granda, the innocents of a wee boy question, broke an emotional dam that had been in place for almost 35yrs.

He's sitting with the other Grandweans & the big dug watching cartoons, My Sis on her way home bubbling down the phone too Kathleen. My daughter is out with me in the garden trying too make sense of everything, that's happened in the past week. Aye Dad only you & mum, could get the news your gonnie have another Grandkid/kids in 6mths & one wanting you to be his. Oh & my sis got the job.

All the kids are going down the road too my Sons 🙏👍🍺🥃 Slàinte

The Bond that will never be Broken

Last Friday, my brother in law phoned me with the best news my baby sis & my wee nephew were coming home. Katlin is the baby of the family, My wife & I brought her up from when she was 18mths old (long story)

Anyway on Sunday morning for 1st time in 3yrs I could give my Kato a hug. The last week has been an emotional roller coaster & filled with moments of chaos, anger, apolgies. My Sister is away for a job interview, so today I've spent it looking after Wee Tommy my lovely nephew, he been helping me with plants in the garden, when the wee man through both Kathleen & I, "Uncle Tommy can I ask a question, Aye,

You know I don't have any Grannies or Grandas of my own, Yes trying to keep my emotions in check, Can Aunty Kathleen & You be my Granny & Granda, the innocents of a wee boy question, broke an emotional dam that had been in place for almost 35yrs.

He's sitting with the other Grandweans & the big dug watching cartoons, My Sis on her way home bubbling down the phone too Kathleen. My daughter is out with me in the garden trying too make sense of everything, that's happened in the past week. Aye Dad only you & mum, could get the news your gonnie have another Grandkid/kids in 6mths & one wanting you to be his. Oh & my sis got the job.

All the kids are going down the road too my Sons 🙏👍🍺🥃 Slàinte
That is wonderful, TT. Slainte 🥃

Back