A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

I think the bit about the profits from any sale going to the Ukrainian refugees would halt the Government people from trying to stop it for fear of the bad publicity that would come their way.
It wouldn't surprise me if Abrahmovic is using these sanctions that are utterly useless ( the UKs anyway) to show the hypocrisy this latest Etonian government has embarrassed itself with.
It's no secret Roman ( just easier to call him Roman) has been wanting out for a while.
He was one of the individuals sanctioned personally I think when Putin invaded and flattened Georgia in the space of a week.
Hes been seething at the fools who run our country ( that would be the latest administration in the oval office no doubt) ever since .
Is it fair to target individuals who have ( as far as we know ) have nothing to do with what Putin's up to? Probably not but it does weaken him internally " ma fukin money , MA FUKN MONEYYYY!! PUTIN! you better be putin roubles in ma bank account, or just Putin it in my bank will do". Seriously though, the amount of money that he personally has putin ( cany stop putin in putin puns) to the British economy / govt coffers is no small number.
I wont believe that bojo will allow the UKs tax man to miss out on the multi million pounds available for them from this sale until I see it with my own eyes.
Doing a little bit of digging on chelski has led me to learn that they arent listed on the LSE and The Stamford Bridge freehold, the pitch, the turnstiles and Chelsea's naming rights are now owned by Chelsea Pitch Owners, a non-profit organisation in which fans are the shareholders.
What all this means for the sale of chelski is something that I'd have to defer to TET or someone else with a better grasp on the markets than I have.
Being a UK club I'd be surprised if the govt didnt make loadsa money from this sale which will surely be the most expensive club sale in history.
Given he paid £140:million in 2003 and last years domestic takings alone was £143 million not including winning the champions league and world club championship/cup which must take it to over £200 million.
Am I correct in saying that the LSE doesnt require a company to be of UK origins to trade on it?
Not being on it doesnt mean the HMRC wont earn mega bucks from the sale either does it?
I am asking as I genuinely don't have a clue.
Hes getting out at the right time though , just as Chelsea require a new stadium to keep up with the Jones's .
That'll cost a packet and I'd advise a different building company from the one spurs used.
However if this sale does go ahead as the UK are sanctioning Roman then for me it does indeed show the hypocrisy of bojo and cronies, shows how the UK govt will say one thing but do another.
Anything that brings in money and we'll come back to speaking tough about Ukraine later scumbags

In other football news , Real Betis have reached the Copa del Rey ( that's Spanish for "cuppa the reyal tea" not.
Aye fukn Real Betis who sit 3rd in la liga ( that's Spanish for " the league' truth" kod Real Vallecano 2-1 on aggregate and will face Atletico Madrid in the final.
I cant be the only one who's slightly pissed off about this as we had our foot on their neck in spain and let them live grrr.
We shouldve kod them from the Europa league and our kids beat them here on a memorable night where the big 'O' played so well that we sent him out on loan with option to buy to oostende and they will no doubt take up the option and sell him for €15 million unless he decides his future lies at Celtic the club who have treated him so admirably after his dominant display wtf is going on there? We buy him , beating many clubs to his signature watch him coast it against the Spanish high flyers then send him to chips and mayonnaise land. 💩🙈 why? WHY? WHYYYYYYYYYYY? Did we bother our arses signing him to send him away when we could probably do with his services ? No really why did we?
Also as soon as he signed for us his value rockets so much we decide to practically give him away for not even half of what he will be worth, some serious arse kicking wouldnt go amiss at CP.

Some chuckle news now as Frank Lampard and Everton are starting to believe that theRangers sold them a pig in a poke. The pig in question of course is young nathan paterson .
We all laughed at the time over the ludicrous fee paid for a young boy who had barely seen much of the bench at greyskull never mind actual appearances. Perhaps I shouldve put this in the 'we could all use a good laugh thread.
Who on earth couldve seen this coming anyway? Sevco and fans for one who are laughing at Everton as much as we did with Moscow when they took mcgeady from us for a truck full of roubles . We are laughing at whoever the fool was to sanction a £16 million buy for a player who hadn't even made it in the ehs-pee-ell. Hope it was big Duncan doughnuts who gave his word, but dont take my word for it have a laugh for yourself 😂

"Nathan Patterson gets candid Everton verdict from Frank Lampard as ex Rangers star didn't fulfil key role - Daily Record" https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...an-patterson-gets-candid-everton-26383376.amp

Some chuckle news now as Frank Lampard and Everton are starting to believe that theRangers sold them a pig in a poke. The pig in question of course is young nathan paterson .
We all laughed at the time over the ludicrous fee paid for a young boy who had barely seen much of the bench at greyskull never mind actual appearances. Perhaps I shouldve put this in the 'we could all use a good laugh thread.
Who on earth couldve seen this coming anyway? Sevco and fans for one who are laughing at Everton as much as we did with Moscow when they took mcgeady from us for a truck full of roubles . We are laughing at whoever the fool was to sanction a £16 million buy for a player who hadn't even made it in the ehs-pee-ell. Hope it was big Duncan doughnuts who gave his word, but dont take my word for it have a laugh for yourself 😂

"Nathan Patterson gets candid Everton verdict from Frank Lampard as ex Rangers star didn't fulfil key role - Daily Record" https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...an-patterson-gets-candid-everton-26383376.amp
According to my 'sources' Lampard's candid verdict was "can diddy with the best of them but can't play for shite".

Some good new for Scotland but sadly it comes on the back of the bad news from Ukraine.
As we all know this seasons champions will automatically qualify for the group stages of the champions league.
However , as Russia have been banned from pretty much all sporting events from F1 to football this practically guarantees that next season also shall see a automatic entry place for the champions of Scotland ( thatll be Celtic as they are swimming like their lives depend on it which it does.)
Russia have dropped out of the top 10 with Scotland now leapfrogingRussia from 11th to 9th and serbia the only country that could realistically have caught us but cant as I believe the coefficients are locked in now.
So incredibly Scotland now sit 9th ahead of Belgium( must really be missing Maloney) and Switzerland.
Never great to gain advantage in such ways but hey I'll take it no sweat ( to quote prince Andy)

Must scroll down for current standings

"UEFA coefficient - Wikipedia" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient

i often tune into this Korean woman channel on youtube

she is a professional pianist of high calibre and her music is often fantastic way to chill out on saturday and friday nights on her live 2 hour performances with requests

trully talented and imo better than most musicians who are household names

father-ted-spider-baby.gif

To see Scotland sitting in 9th place of 55 European nations in the coefficient table is quite something. 5 European spots too and should Celtic do the double or 1 of the top 5 win the Scottish cup then the whole top 6 will qualify for Europe.
Our clubs simply must be more proactive on the European front.
The Serbians are really climbing the table fast and should sevco beat red star it would be a big deal for coefficients though I only care about Celtic it cannot be ignored that if both do a reasonable job we will continue to climb. It's also high time a hearts, hibs, utd or aberdeen start making the group stages if the Europa and definitely the groups in the conference.
Another interesting thing from that table is England are the only country that its league cup winners get a Europa league spot by special permission. England chose this over the next highest league club. A good move as England's domestic cups are the best in the world imo especially the FA cup.

Screenshot_20220305-040950_Google.jpg

Maybe winter, and on the subject of predicting and your good self opening up a anything goes on football matters, can't resist to being a naughty bhoy and asking just how many could be tuning into the scum game tomorrow, hoping to add another 3 points in the business end of the predictor championship 😂
Total relief to myself not having to get caught up in such a dilemma, but still very curious to know how everyone, including your good self winter, actually sleep at night with such dilemmas facing yourselves 😂😂
Well fs johnno I think that because BB put in a laughing emoji when I said you could probably predict next seasons cl last 8 you've gone and had a wee sneaky swipe at me. Btw I dont sleep at night hence the noise to myself 😂
Well I was being serious I think that you and I could do that right now, bridiebhoy though? Nah not so sure about him. He was laughing at you and you violently trolled me 🙄 you could do worse than direct the trolling at the cheese an onion pastie guy, I mean bridie always get those two mixed up 😁 honest tae gawdonbennett some people canny take a joke but I'm no gony name names 😂 on the subject of watching sevco I very rarely if ever watch them play , I think I jinx it if I do. Quite a few times in the past my brother has text me' the huns are losing 2-0 @home to Motherwell ' actually this has happened with my brother and Motherwell a few times so I'll turn it to the game and they score within minutes. Had to bring the subject up with him and tell him to stop texting me theyre losing text me theyve lost 😂 so that's one reason why I wont watch them another is that whilst I wouldnt consider myself a snowflake , I do feel offended by the sight of morelos, similar thing to jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsay and james Corden idk why but just the sight of these people can put me in a mood. I enjoy of course watching them when i know the result hasnt gone their way and the pain on the sportshun presenters faces especially that numptie Thomson who I could swear gets camper by the programme. Hes a television star now don't you know? 🙄 whoever's idea it was to give him that joab should be sacked hes a widden plank and the token wumin 🙈 why are the Scottish presenters all gifted with the personality of a plank of wood? Monotone as fk , wakey wakey noo yer oan the telly and Sally isnae a role model.

Last edited:
I would imagine with this situation in Ukraine that the Russians will be booted out of Euro comps which in turn must impact the Scottish champions entry into the CL?
Not that I condone for one single minute what is happening to gain an advantage, but its bound to have an effect I would think.

The only thing this money has done for football is price the man in the street out of football, when you look at the price even for on game takes a lot out out of the pocket . We have all seen the empty seats at at stadiums up and down the country up north down south it’s the same complete stands and empty seats all around , people trying to buy success on the pitch at the cost of supporters in the stand we are are aware of the uplift in energy costs the disgusting situation in Ukraine the family budget is going to make people look twice clubs are really going to struggle and push some of the out of the game yes they brought a lot of money into the game but we lost a lot of support with a lot more to come

It cost me about £200 to come up and see Celtic
The price of the tickets (normally bring my 15 year old daughter) then fuel or train up
Food, programme etc

But even then we can realistically only hit weekend and early kick off's due to the trains (lot's of engineering works on a weekend) as sometimes the last train out of Scotland is 18:00.

This 19:45 mid-week kick off is a load of bollocks no wonder the stadiums are half empty.
We've not got a hope in hell of getting to those without adding days of work and school and accommodation in.

Years ago not a drama I could crash on my uncles sofa but I'm to old for that

My mate took his lad to the Everton match the other night.

Games not finishing until gone 10
Time you get out the ground and get to the car and queue to get away he's not getting home until gone midnight.

Way to late for families to attend

I would imagine with this situation in Ukraine that the Russians will be booted out of Euro comps which in turn must impact the Scottish champions entry into the CL?
Not that I condone for one single minute what is happening to gain an advantage, but its bound to have an effect I would think.
Has already happened B4L both thr russian and Ukrainian clubs are out as are internationals same for f1 no Russian GP and much more.
I actually feel sorry for the athletes on both sides they aren't causing any wars but I posted earlier this morning that both countries are out of Europe and Scotland have jumped from 11th to 9th in European coefficients table which means that Scotland are guaranteed two seasons where the champions ( thatll be us HH ) will have automatic entry to the group stages.
The closest nation to us , is serbia and if the huns ko them red star we could be looking at 3 consecutive possibly more automatic entry to the group stages.
It's a great shame as this is not how we want to win our place back but it is what it is

I'd say there would be a couple of "surprises" but they'd still be teams from the "top" (richest) leagues.

The tv companies are obsessed with showing these big club matches and big club owners seem to have bought into this nonsense now too. But most fans are getting bored stupid (except for recent converts to European clubs who are based in Africa & Asia) with these over-hyped clashes which so often end up as crap spectacles. Not only are they playing each other a lot in European matches but also in pre-season and now post-season friendly tournaments so these games are no longer special or memorable.

It is the same here in Scotland with the top clubs playing each other 3 to 6 times (including cup ties) every single sodding season! It is boring for fans and the players must get fed up playing the same opponents far too many times.

I'd prefer clubs to play slightly less games with more variety of opponents. And UEFA make enough money already so would be better returning to the days of their ties being on free-to-air national tv stations rather than low audience expensive sports channels (I know there are other options to paying for these) which increases the profile & publicity of these games.
I agree ya fn mixer ye making johnno think I was having a dig at his predictions when it was you who was laughing 😂 I was fn being serious tae ya big cheese n onion pastie 😂

The Bond that will never be Broken

Last Friday, my brother in law phoned me with the best news my baby sis & my wee nephew were coming home. Katlin is the baby of the family, My wife & I brought her up from when she was 18mths old (long story)

Anyway on Sunday morning for 1st time in 3yrs I could give my Kato a hug. The last week has been an emotional roller coaster & filled with moments of chaos, anger, apolgies. My Sister is away for a job interview, so today I've spent it looking after Wee Tommy my lovely nephew, he been helping me with plants in the garden, when the wee man through both Kathleen & I, "Uncle Tommy can I ask a question, Aye,

You know I don't have any Grannies or Grandas of my own, Yes trying to keep my emotions in check, Can Aunty Kathleen & You be my Granny & Granda, the innocents of a wee boy question, broke an emotional dam that had been in place for almost 35yrs.

He's sitting with the other Grandweans & the big dug watching cartoons, My Sis on her way home bubbling down the phone too Kathleen. My daughter is out with me in the garden trying too make sense of everything, that's happened in the past week. Aye Dad only you & mum, could get the news your gonnie have another Grandkid/kids in 6mths & one wanting you to be his. Oh & my sis got the job.

All the kids are going down the road too my Sons 🙏👍🍺🥃 Slàinte
Christ's sake TT! I'm in a pub, if I start greeting I'll lose what little street cred I had! Seriously though, that is beautiful, weans have a way of cutting through the crap and getting to the point of what's important in a way that adults often lack. I have every faith that the love you receive from that wee boy will only be equalled by the love you give. 💚

Anybody else pick up on a wee story being run.
Ian Blackford, of the SNP obviously, saying that an independent Scotland would RETAIN the Queen as head of state.
If ever a statement was designed to gather blue votes at an Indyref eh?

Anybody else pick up on a wee story being run.
Ian Blackford, of the SNP obviously, saying that an independent Scotland would RETAIN the Queen as head of state.
If ever a statement was designed to gather blue votes at an Indyref eh?
Aye just the queen, nae mention o Charlie, gain independence then ditch them, or she’s got wan fit in the grave, so when she goes, they’ll be another vote to see if we want to keep the monarchy

Back