A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

Why wouldn't he say that B4l ? Political madness to say anything else. If and when the time comes to ditch the monarchy, it will be a decision for the Scottish people . Not that of any party policy. That goes for all of our political parties. I know you voted to stay in the union, but to even begin to suggest SNP are trying to court the blue vote is absolute nonsense. You are, of course., entitled to your viewpoint.

Why wouldn't he say that B4l ? Political madness to say anything else. If and when the time comes to ditch the monarchy, it will be a decision for the Scottish people . Not that of any party policy. That goes for all of our political parties. I know you voted to stay in the union, but to even begin to suggest SNP are trying to court the blue vote is absolute nonsense. You are, of course., entitled to your viewpoint.
Unfortunately we will still have a monarchy when we become an independent nation. Extinguishing them was never on or part of the agenda.

Of course everyone is entitled to their view, there is no doubt in my mind they are deffo “courting” the blue vote as they know every single Sevco supporter is against Independence based on their institutional views on monarchy, Sevco supporters “simple” view is no UK no Queen, therefor they don’t want independence…send out the message they will still have Queenie even if we’re independent and Blackford thinks they will queue round the block to vote yes..🤷🏻‍♂️

Of course everyone is entitled to their view, there is no doubt in my mind they are deffo “courting” the blue vote as they know every single Sevco supporter is against Independence based on their institutional views on monarchy, Sevco supporters “simple” view is no UK no Queen, therefor they don’t want independence…send out the message they will still have Queenie even if we’re independent and Blackford thinks they will queue round the block to vote yes..🤷🏻‍♂️
I can assure you, your comment about every single sevco supporter being against independence is not true. I personally know a few who are as passionate about independence as I am. There is also a Rangers supporters for I independence group. Also, there are Celtic supporters who are happy to support the monarchy. Historically, The Roman Catholic Church also supports it. Do they still include the queen in their prayers at mass ? They certainly used to. Just muddies the waters this nonsense. For ANY political party to have the removal of the monarchy as policy would be political suicide.

I cant drive a tractor but I do know how too sit in a car 30 vehicles behind one.
Take a picnic and a chess board and before you know it you'll have moved 30 meters forwards in 1&½ hours
Many moons ago I drove a ride on lawnmower when I was employed by the council it made tractors look like speed merchants I always pulled in to let cars by but on the odd occasions when tractors came up behind me I sat out in the middle of my side of the road so the tractor couldn’t pass and I’d go ha how do you like it ya bass.

Anybody else pick up on a wee story being run.
Ian Blackford, of the SNP obviously, saying that an independent Scotland would RETAIN the Queen as head of state.
If ever a statement was designed to gather blue votes at an Indyref eh?
Why bother? When the queen dies ( though I think theyve found an anti-death drug given shes 180 and Charlie's only just a pup at 110 ) I think that will be the signal for the monarchy to die with her.

Anybody else pick up on a wee story being run.
Ian Blackford, of the SNP obviously, saying that an independent Scotland would RETAIN the Queen as head of state.
If ever a statement was designed to gather blue votes at an Indyref eh?

It was always the case, that for the 1st 5year term of an Independent Scottish Govermeant, we would keep the Crown. After then1st term is over, we'll be asked about keeping the Crown, when electing our MSP's.

The majority of Scits do not want a Royal as Head of State,, personally I would bin them straightaway, I would rather any money raised in Scotland be spent in Scotland. Not a fuckin penny should be given.

It was always the case, that for the 1st 5year term of an Independent Scottish Govermeant, we would keep the Crown. After then1st term is over, we'll be asked about keeping the Crown, when electing our MSP's.

The majority of Scits do not want a Royal as Head of State,, personally I would bin them straightaway, I would rather any money raised in Scotland be spent in Scotland. Not a fuckin penny should be given.
Not to mention that it was their crown merged with Scotland's in the first place not the opposite. I'm the same fuk them all sponges.
That's nothing to do with sectarianism or religion and I've never believed the bs of how the royals and their properties bring in millions every year from tourism which is probably true but doesnt come close to the coffers of the duchy of Lancaster not by a long shot.
I dont hate the queen nor even dislike her personally, pretty difficult for me to strongly dislike some 90 odd year old wee wumin queen or not.
They are minted , always will be even if we stopped paying into the duchy that would never change.
The money should be spent on schools hospitals, housing social care, immigration etc we don't have our problems to seek . Scum like Andrew getting my money through birthright boils the blood.
I'm not for a president Sturgeon either .
A Scottish pm sure but no need for monarchs and presidents

Just came across a fascinating story about the gorbals. Fascinating to me being from the gorbals, the Cumbie and how the old Cumbie chased Fred West out of Glasgow.
Since this is the anything,everything thread here it is.
Parts of this story I know of already , the bit about the kids hunting a 7ft child killing vampire in the gravy ( southern necropolis) but I didnt realise it was only just 1970 this story happened (heyzeuz 'only' showing my age though before my time just)
It's a true story that was published in the paper at the time ( true up to a point that is) pretty certain there was no 7ft Vampire but the part about the kids hunting ot with sticks and shovels is and its commemorated somewhere in the gorbals in some form of artwork. I think it might be down at the arches on hospital st just down from the brazen head, mad stuff.
Also the thing about tucking trackie bottoms into your socks I remember that. If the guy willie Evan's is the same person that I think it is then he is a bullshiter of the highest order and literally full of shite storyteller 😂

"How the Gorbals Cumbie chased Fred West out of town - the history of Glasgow's street gangs - Glasgow Live" https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/history/gangs-gorbals-cumbie-fred-west-12266308

Last edited:
Just came across a fascinating story about the gorbals. Fascinating to me being from the gorbals, the Cumbie and how the old Cumbie chased Fred West out of Glasgow.
Since this is the anything,everything thread here it is.
Parts of this story I know of already , the bit about the kids hunting a 7ft child killing vampire in the gravy ( southern necropolis) but I didnt realise it was only just 1970 this story happened .
It's a true story that was published in the paper at the time ( true up to a point that is) pretty certain there was no 7ft Vampire but the part about the kids hunting ot with sticks and shovels is and its commemorated somewhere in the gorbals in some form of artwork. I think it might be down at the arches on hospital st just down from the brazen head, mad stuff.
Also the thing about tucking trackie bottoms into your socks I remember that. If the guy willie Evan's is the same person that I think it is then he is a bullshiter of the highest order and literally full of shite storyteller 😂

"How the Gorbals Cumbie chased Fred West out of town - the history of Glasgow's street gangs - Glasgow Live" https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/history/gangs-gorbals-cumbie-fred-west-12266308
Ah, The Cumbie and The Tongs back in the seventies. Territorial rivalry at it's most lethal. Did you ever go to The Terminal One Club Winter ? Lots of kiddy-on violence in there when it first opened. Both sides thought they would lay claim to it as " their " pitch. Fizzled out with a mere whimper .

Ah, The Cumbie and The Tongs back in the seventies. Territorial rivalry at it's most lethal. Did you ever go to The Terminal One Club Winter ? Lots of kiddy-on violence in there when it first opened. Both sides thought they would lay claim to it as " their " pitch. Fizzled out with a mere whimper .
Haha naw Frank just before my time though have heard some stories and tall tales about it.
My time wasnt the cumbie it was the YSC young sooside Cumbie and Brigton Derry who were fighting . That fizzled out in time ( it's a lovely area now gorbals side at least brigton side not changed that much.)
Not before one of our bhoys was killed on the bridge though . The Oatlands bridge from the pitches to oatlands he was caught and thrown into the clyde not seen again and that began a year and a half of incursions by us into Derry territory and vice versa and some more almost lethal encounters. My da used to tell me stories of the Cumbie and the Calton Tongs , that was on a much bigger scale though and covered much larger area . We were fighting over the green really.
Its mad cos i look back with nostalgia and then remember the actual brutality of it all and the adrenaline, get caught and you were deid i mind people jumping from the banks into the water to escape, no alternative, crazy.
Youd never believe what happened there if you went there now , beautiful lush pads on the river.

I knew the two blokes who owned that club Winter. Both ex-boxers . Think it opened around 1971, and lasted ten years or so. Didn't close until 4 am. Pretty unusual for that time.

Back