AIK Thursday. Will we do it or will the roof cave in completely?

One that was definitely misheard was the meek shall inherit the earth.

Leaving aside the reality that millions are still left to try and survive on earth while multi-nationals attempt to patent the produce and tons of foods are dumped daily past sell by.

It was actually the Geek shall inherit the earth.

Is that Phil the geek?

If only we had a 21st century geek in charge of Celtic, but instead of a Bill Gates or Jack Ma credible type of business mindset and strategy to be the best the biggest, we have a Victorian Fagan / Del Boy hybrid, the type who still believe taking care of pennies makes the pounds add up and not humble enough to accept their kudos gained was via luck from others efforts and skills or misfortune.

Much much better from the bhoys last night, after a slow start (really need to sort that out) where we seemed to break forward then play the ball back the way far too often we eventually settled down and started testing an AIK team who clearly came with the game plan of park the bus and try to escape with a 0-0. Second half the bhoys seemed more focused and direct, became more dominant and could have scored 4 or 5. Well worked first goal from wee JF and a superb free kick from Eddy for the second and if we sharpen up and become more clinical with our chances then these second legs wouldn't be so much of a sweat.

Wee JF, Eddy, Ajer and Christie the standouts again and Boli (we lapse late on due to the fatigue of running himself into the ground aside) had a great game as did Julien when he settled down and got his positioning sorted out. There will be bigger tests for Boli and Julien for sure but these guys deserve both our patience and encouragement because last night they showed enough to warrant that their critics put their claws away for a bit and give them a chance.

Vast improvement from the Cluj horror show that's for sure and it's a case of what could've been if Lenny hadn't had an acute dose of brain flatulence that night! Cautiously optimistic for the second leg :cautious:

Much much better from the bhoys last night, after a slow start (really need to sort that out) where we seemed to break forward then play the ball back the way far too often we eventually settled down and started testing an AIK team who clearly came with the game plan of park the bus and try to escape with a 0-0. Second half the bhoys seemed more focused and direct, became more dominant and could have scored 4 or 5. Well worked first goal from wee JF and a superb free kick from Eddy for the second and if we sharpen up and become more clinical with our chances then these second legs wouldn't be so much of a sweat.

Wee JF, Eddy, Ajer and Christie the standouts again and Boli (we lapse late on due to the fatigue of running himself into the ground aside) had a great game as did Julien when he settled down and got his positioning sorted out. There will be bigger tests for Boli and Julien for sure but these guys deserve both our patience and encouragement because last night they showed enough to warrant that their critics put their claws away for a bit and give them a chance.

Vast improvement from the Cluj horror show that's for sure and it's a case of what could've been if Lenny hadn't had an acute dose of brain flatulence that night! Cautiously optimistic for the second leg :cautious:
Aye that's how I saw it tae. Jullien is now coming into his own and looks like we've got ourselves a good CB. Rosenborg getting thumped by Belgrade might help bring melling to cp if there'sany truth in that story. I honestly couldnt believe what I was seeing from AIK the Swedish champions. 10 men behind the ball for about 85 minutes. When they broke up an attack they lumped it as far as possible. Even when they're keeper had the ball he lumped it so far it simply ran straight into Gordon's hands and this happened a few times. They will play better no doubt in Stockholm as they can't play worse. I'm a little dissapointed it's only 2-0 but think we'll score over there maybe a couple. The ref ? WTF game was he watching ? Gave us nothing all night allowed them to feign cramp and sit down on the field after 60 minutes fs 60 minutes and a professional footballer has cramp? It's job done, they parked the bus but couldn't stop us. Now they must come at us and that plays into our hands we can pick them off on the counter. I've no worries over AIK and reckon were already through. (Cautiousy I reckon were already through) HH TCAH

Back