Are my eyes deceiving me mhairi black mp wins award in Scotland

I stand by my posts.
I now call out SNP supporters to condemn this rascism by their party for not speaking out against ms mhairi black the Paisley mp for the SNP and for not condemning the saltire society for the award as one of the 10 outstanding women of Scotland for 2018 within 10 months of such a rascist post.
I also call out SNP members from their party fear hiding holes to stand up for Scotland's oldest minority. Judging by the calibre of argument I have been given by these members I suspect instead that I will turn out not to have been offended when I started this. Anything appears in their opinion rather rather than the fact their party is backing the bad ones here.
Yours in Celtic hh.

I think you've clearly made your point Auld Celtic Punk. Well done for staying on point.

What Ms Black stated was totally wrong imo and had racist undertones I'm sure in the view of many people.

They say everyone deserves a second chance so let's keep an eye on her.

If she repeats or insinuates or infers any such disdain for those of an Irish ancestry again then there will be no doubt whatsoever of a racist intent.

As for her party or her supporters calling her out for her transgression here that simply isn't going to happen......and as the jury is out on her so to speak I agree that no award should have been going her way.

Hail Hail and Keep it lit

My original and subsequent posts have consistently been about the same comment. This is how a discussion works. You don't just argue the case you want. You address the points.
So directly again do you find the statement plastic Irishmen offensive? It is the first part of my post and relates to the interview of ms mhairi black as published by the website holyrood.com on 18 12 2017.

No I don’t find it offensive at all. Sorry not to be a member of the easily offended club. Are you actually Irish? An Irish citizen? Or do you come from two Irish parents? I don’t I am a product of two Scottish parents, so if decided to act as if I was Irish then being called a plastic would be quite apt.

Because I’m not. Being more interested in Ireland than the country I was born raised educated in to me screams plastic.

Is there anti Irish bias, of course there is but calling someone plastic isn’t. Unless you are Irish or both your parents are, but many don’t meet that criteria but act as if they are. That’s my understanding of the term.

And even if I was an Irish citizen or my mum and dad were, I still wouldn’t bother my arse. There’s a lot more to be offended about in the world than someone questioning your Irish credentials. Well, there is to me. You obviously disagree and that’s cool. For you

Is having pride, respect and identity with those who went before you......plastic?

Can't you be a proud Scot and at the same time be proud of your Irish heritage, your roots?

Isn't Celtic a Scottish Football Club with proud and historical links to Ireland.

Isn't it true if there was no links to Ireland there would be no Celtic?

Wasn't the name Celtic chosen purposefully as a way of identifying with 2 cultures - ie The Scots and the Irish?

Aren't the Scots and the Irish all Celts?

I must add that i knew this when i checked out the thread and could have avoided it. I chose to be nosey. I personally think this forum doesn't need political issues as there are plenty of other forums to voice any concerns over politics.
I apologise in advance if in saying this i upset some.
HH?
Politics is everywhere and in every thing; it’s like air, can’t be avoided. In my experience people who say keep politics out are actually saying keep YOUR politics out.

No I don’t find it offensive at all. Sorry not to be a member of the easily offended club. Are you actually Irish? An Irish citizen? Or do you come from two Irish parents? I don’t I am a product of two Scottish parents, so if decided to act as if I was Irish then being called a plastic would be quite apt.

Because I’m not. Being more interested in Ireland than the country I was born raised educated in to me screams plastic.

Is there anti Irish bias, of course there is but calling someone plastic isn’t. Unless you are Irish or both your parents are, but many don’t meet that criteria but act as if they are. That’s my understanding of the term.

And even if I was an Irish citizen or my mum and dad were, I still wouldn’t bother my arse. There’s a lot more to be offended about in the world than someone questioning your Irish credentials. Well, there is to me. You obviously disagree and that’s cool. For you
I think identity is a bit more complicated than you portray. IMO it’s not as simple as being first generation, second generation or whatever. I know Chinese who have never seen China or whose grandparents have never seen China but they still refer to themselves as Chinese. Now if an MP called them plastic there would be outrage. But Mhairi Black tapped into the casual sleep-walking anti-Irish racism that still permeates Scottish society. Many here are in denial.

My original and subsequent posts have consistently been about the same comment. This is how a discussion works. You don't just argue the case you want. You address the points.
So directly again do you find the statement plastic Irishmen offensive? It is the first part of my post and relates to the interview of ms mhairi black as published by the website holyrood.com on 18 12 2017.

And even if I was an Irish citizen or my mum and dad were, I still wouldn’t bother my arse. There’s a lot more to be offended about in the world than someone questioning your Irish credentials. Well, there is to me. You obviously disagree and that’s cool. For uoh
I think identity is a bit more complicated than you portray. IMO it’s not as simple as being first generation, second generation or whatever. I know Chinese who have never seen China or whose grandparents have never seen China but they still refer to themselves as Chinese. Now if an MP called them plastic there would be outrage. But Mhairi Black tapped into the casual sleep-walking anti-Irish racism that still permeates Scottish society. Many here are in denial.

Is it not the case though that Chinese populations around the world stay and marry overwhelmingly within their ethic group? I think you will find it does. When we look at Scottish families there may be a grandad that was actually Irish, so the genetic and geographical patterns are not like the Chinese at all. But if I was Chinese I wouldn’t care if somebody called me a plastic because I didn’t live in China. A DNA test would clearly show I was Chinese. Would the same DNA test prove everyone here who claims to be Irish the same level of certainty? I don’t think so either.

Your comparing apples with oranges.

And even if I was an Irish citizen or my mum and dad were, I still wouldn’t bother my arse. There’s a lot more to be offended about in the world than someone questioning your Irish credentials. Well, there is to me. You obviously disagree and that’s cool. For uoh

Is it not the case though that Chinese populations around the world stay and marry overwhelmingly within their ethic group? I think you will find it does. When we look at Scottish families there may be a grandad that was actually Irish, so the genetic and geographical patterns are not like the Chinese at all. But if I was Chinese I wouldn’t care if somebody called me a plastic because I didn’t live in China. A DNA test would clearly show I was Chinese. Would the same DNA test prove everyone here who claims to be Irish the same level of certainty? I don’t think so either.

Your comparing apples with oranges.
In some places it might be, in others it isn’t. Bruce Lee was half Caucasian but he chose to identify with Chinese culture and people. Robert De Niro is three quarters Irish but chooses to identify with his one quarter Italian heretage - that’s their choices, not for me to argue with. Unthinking nationalism is dangerous especially when attempting to dictate who should show allegiance to what. I’ve a first cousin born in America, mother and father Irish, he visits Ireland regularly but would never say he was Irish, he’s American, his choice. DNA has little to do with it. The place, or country you were born is a piece of earth, on some islands it’s a piece of rock. Scottish Nationalism like many nationalisms needs to guard against intolerace or else we steer very close to Norman Tebbit’s ‘cricket test’ view of our neighbours. Mhairi Black made a racist, intolerant remark when referring to those who identify with Ireland. Many in Ireland identify very much with Scotland. They play bagpipes, wear kilts, do highland dancing, many claim to speak a dialect of Scots. They call themselves Ulster-Scots - not for me to tell them who or what they are - if I called them plastic I’d be a racist.

In some places it might be, in others it isn’t. Bruce Lee was half Caucasian but he chose to identify with Chinese culture and people. Robert De Niro is three quarters Irish but chooses to identify with his one quarter Italian heretage - that’s their choices, not for me to argue with. Unthinking nationalism is dangerous especially when attempting to dictate who should show allegiance to what. I’ve a first cousin born in America, mother and father Irish, he visits Ireland regularly but would never say he was Irish, he’s American, his choice. DNA has little to do with it. The place, or country you were born is a piece of earth, on some islands it’s a piece of rock. Scottish Nationalism like many nationalisms needs to guard against intolerace or else we steer very close to Norman Tebbit’s ‘cricket test’ view of our neighbours. Mhairi Black made a racist, intolerant remark when referring to those who identify with Ireland. Many in Ireland identify very much with Scotland. They play bagpipes, wear kilts, do highland dancing, many claim to speak a dialect of Scots. They call themselves Ulster-Scots - not for me to tell them who or what they are - if I called them plastic I’d be a racist.

You think it’s racist, I don’t. I’m nit a nationalist in the way you are portraying it. The SNP are more left wing than Labour. Wants immigration and not to go on needless wars. Hardly the same. It promotes tolerance of people’s coming here.

But your wrong about DNA. Thatvtells you exactly who you are, if you choose to believe you are something else crack in, but, it doesn’t change who you are or where you came from. That’s a choice you can’t make because you want it to be true. DiNero isn’t Italian, he’s quarter Italian, the rest is just acting. Quite a lot of that about. Which I don’t mind, but taking offence if someone doesn’t see the claim as kosher shows me an over reaction. If somebody in England called me a plastic scot for any reason I would piss myself, because I know I am Scottish, however, if I was pretending to be Scottish with little claim then I might getvretchy if I was pathetic enough to pretend in the first place.

Last edited:
You think it’s racist, I don’t. I’m nit a nationalist in the way you are portraying it. The SNP are more left wing than Labour. Wants immigration and not to go on needless wars. Hardly the same. It promotes tolerance of people’s coming here.

But your wrong about DNA. Thatvtells you exactly who you are, if you choose to believe you are something else crack in, but, it doesn’t change who you are or where you came from. That’s a choice you can’t make because you want it to be true. DiNero isn’t Italian, he’s quarter Italian, the rest is just acting. Quite a lot of that about. Which I don’t mind, but taking offence if someone doesn’t see the claim as kosher shows me an over reaction. If somebody in England called me a plastic scot for any reason I would piss myself, because I know I am Scottish, however, if I was pretending to be Scottish with little claim then I might getvretchy if I was pathetic enough to pretend in the first place.
No ones talking about pretending so stop trying to make things up to validate a backwards point. Hell, if I was a Brit like you then I’d want to claim anything other than what I am because of the atrocities Britain has been involved with across the world. So what if someone is proud of there Irish ancestry even if that link was one great great grandfather. Maybe there feelings towards the Irish and there struggle against oppression through out history has more meaning to them than any other. So for that woman to say something like ‘plastic Irish’ is offensive to people who feel a strong connection too Ireland no matter how large or small there DNA link shows to Ireland. Just because you don’t get offended doesn’t mean no one else does chief.

Last edited:

Oh my is this your actual response.
1 I am just too easily offended. It is my fault that I took offence too easily rather than the fault of the SNP mp for Paisley who used an offensive rascist expression which only you appear to dispute the offensiveness of.
2. I am not an Irish Scot but even if I am I should not be offended so easily there are much worse things that happen and that I should be offended about
3. I should be glad of the education , job , healthcare I was given.
Is this a fair summary, does anyone want to have a Go at anwering these for the sake of my sanity.
I feel that you the verdict have proven that the SNP are not intending the best to my community. You have dismissed our very existence , you have belittled our grievances on the behaviour of your mp for Paisley mhairi black and even condoned it / supported it, you have come across as angry and rascist .
Is this the official line of the SNP hierarchy on the subjects I have approached to start this discussion. If this is the official party opinion do the Irish scots community ( that you appear to even question the exsistance of ) feel this opinion is the one they supported during all the recent elections . A community that in no small way helped to turn around the SNP fortunes in the west of Scotland.
There is so much wrong , in my opinion , with your message that I really do not know where to begin. I feel embarrassed that this is the best the SNP have to put forward . Deflectors on full beam .
What a sad and strange vision for the future that you paint. I think it will be obvious to all.
You could just admit that your mp made a rascist remark, that the saltire society made the matter worse and the SNP hierarchy compounded the affront by not censoring her. This would appear the correct way to deal with a wee rascist opinion , but hey I am just a plastic Irishman if you were to be believed.

1 I am just too easily offended. It is my fault that I took offence too easily rather than the fault of the SNP mp for Paisley who used an offensive rascist expression which only you appear to dispute the offensiveness of.
2. I am not an Irish Scot but even if I am I should not be offended so easily there are much worse things that happen and that I should be offended about
Is this a fair summary, does anyone want to have a Go at anwering these for the sake of my sanity.
I feel that you the verdict have proven that the SNP are not intending the best to my community. You have dismissed our very existence , you have belittled our grievances on the behaviour of your mp for Paisley mhairi black and even condoned it / supported it, you have come across as angry and rascist .
Is this the official line of the SNP hierarchy on the subjects I have approached to start this discussion. If this is the official party opinion do the Irish scots community ( that you appear to even question the exsistance of ) feel this opinion is the one they supported during all the recent elections . A community that in no small way helped to turn around the SNP fortunes in the west of Scotland.
There is so much wrong , in my opinion , with your message that I really do not know where to begin. I feel embarrassed that this is the best the SNP have to put forward . Deflectors on full beam .
What a sad and strange vision for the future that you paint. I think it will be obvious to all.
You could just admit that your mp made a rascist remark, that the saltire society made the matter worse and the SNP hierarchy compounded the affront by not censoring her. This would appear the correct way to deal with a wee rascist opinion , but hey I am just a plastic Irishman if you were to be believed.

Jesus Christ you ain’t half hamming g this up mate. Calm doon. Half the shire yiyre spouting there I never said. You get offended, big deal, be offended. You were making the claim the SNO can’t be trusted because she made a remark about plastic Irish, if she even did. My point is you tarring the whole oarty becayse if one mo is out of order. I never called you a plastic so jay if that bollocks, looking for sympathizers to come in at your back too? Get real, argue your own corner and stop feeling to victimized. It’s nauseating,

Jesus Christ you ain’t half hamming g this up mate. Calm doon. Half the shire yiyre spouting there I never said. You get offended, big deal, be offended. You were making the claim the SNO can’t be trusted because she made a remark about plastic Irish, if she even did. My point is you tarring the whole oarty becayse if one mo is out of order. I never called you a plastic so jay if that bollocks, looking for sympathizers to come in at your back too? Get real, argue your own corner and stop feeling to victimized. It’s nauseating,
It’s a bit ironic that your avatar is a bottle of pills called deludamol.

So when you said " sorry I am not a member of the easily offended club " is you in fact not saying that I by implication am also not a member with you or that I am a member of the easily offended club. Which do you mean.
Similarly are you saying that by ignoring a rascist remark made by the sitting SNP mp for Paisley mhairi black and not censoring her ,the SNP were in fact doing a great job at supporting those Irish scots ( the biggest minority group in the country ) who have been offended by it and that this is in fact the SNP policy then . Or it is not I just do not know where you are going with that line.
I note now you are even questioning wether in fact the SNP mp for Paisley mhairi black, did use the phrase plastic Irish at all. Well I can put your mind at rest here she didn't she used the phrase "plastic Irishmen "as published on the holyrood.com web reportage dated 18 12 2017
And when you have questioned my Irish scots exsisrence what you are actually saying is that I don't even know any more.
I am asking for support because I do not want to have to go into the reason we Irish scots find ourselves here ,the plantation ,the starvation ,the Protestant state for a Protestant people the no Irish need apply.
I am just waiting for you to say something that makes any sense. It is like all you have is a party fear . A fear of accepting the facts.
You are coming across as very angry and I find this odd since you chose to speak on this matter. Now you do not appear to want other opinions to be heard unless they are the same as yours. I think you are in the wrong place if you think this kind of rascist comment by your mp will be backed.
But I may be wrong.

Earlier today I called on SNP supporters to condemn their party for not speaking out against this rascism I got theverdict telling me I am offended so what.
I do not expect SNP members to come on here and condemn their party but I would hope some members with the ear of the leaders would broach this point. This is a real issue, just because it does not affect you guys does not mean it does not exsist. Your party needs to take a long hard look at itself. I am and never have been a member of any political party , I feel I have to say.
I posted because I was astonished at the insensitivity of the saltire society award. It has diminished these awards in my opinion by the vetting process that allowed a person who has openly expressed such opinions to be awarded . Awarded as one of the 10 outstanding ,that is outstanding not good or great but outstanding women of Scotland in 2018. What would she have had to say to not get an award if barely 14 days before 2018 she spoke as she did. Within 10 months of the award being given.
It is in my opinion the continuation of that back of the bus bhoys that all of Irish scots ancestry know what I mean. It not a physical bus theverdict before you post, but is a constant wee erosion that we all have to face.
Yours in Celtic hh

I get 'Verdicts' point about being the product of Scottish parents and I certainly am not Irish. I am Scottish but I am not stupid enough to believe that Alex Salmond was not playing the Catholic vote and then hedging his bets with the loyalists saying we would still love our Queen. Yes I would vote Independence and reject Brexit but that does not have to be synonymous with voting for the SNP.

There was a very good radio programme interviewing a Palestine, Pakistani and Italian immigrant to Scotland. All said they considered themselves to be Scottish. However, all said that they didn't always feel understood, fully welcomed or their culture embraced in Scotland. Similarly they all concluded that when they went home they were no longer viewed as being Palestinian or Pakistani or Italian - they were seen as foreign by their own people. I think Irish immigrants get that too. I also accept that I have met some pretty conservative with a small 'c' Irish people. I recall one asshole from Clonbur in the West telling me people emigrated because they were too weak to stay. He didn't live in the North and as his family owned just about everything in Town it was interesting to hear his take on why people should have died in the great famine rather than run to the UK. Lord of Clonbur wrapping himself in the tricolour - he was a legend in his own lunchtime. That said, neither he nor I will ever vote SNP :cool:(y)

A small aside but relevant to this thread,
I remember a mocking slur once often used in Scotland against the supposed not real Irish of Scotland and their singing of A Soldiers Song at Celtic.

Along the lines of how people in Ireland would be deeply offended to hear their anthem sung in English!

When ever hearing or seeing that supposed mockery in print, I think that this person was really just a little bit more anti Irish than typical, one who has gone out their way to find and use a disguised form of racism by making an apparently credible point in favour of and merit for the supposed real Irish.
No doubt that some of these people who use such statements have a real problem with and just can't understand why anyone would want to like the Irish let alone be one!

For reference the anthem was originally penned in English and was sung in the GPO 1916 in English, the very same original REAL version as often heard at Celtic.

Of course there are some here in Ireland who would laugh along, typically they'd be raised dedicated heirloom haters of the 'mere Irish' or just regular half wits of the type seen across the world, in Ireland effectively educated and informed by the likes of the Irish sun and british tv news. irony at its finest.

Reality check! There is no one Irish for anyone to fit into, never has been, the difference between someone from one part of Ireland to another, even from one field to another can be and often is obvious!
A North Side inner city Dub to a more rural part of Dublin let alone another county typically means obvious differences inherited or acquired. Not so much maybe in the 21st Century where globalism makes us all a bit more alike, but Ireland and the Irish is still not one credible reality.
Irish is merely a self identifying basic claim to the land and people and cultures, and anyone who wants that, then no one can take it away from you and you no longer have to put up with the BNP like abuse your likeminded once had to.

You really should step back and think and then realize that the very fact you state that you are not Irish, only diminishes any remotely credible right to decide what is acceptable or not to someone who is Irish. You certainly you have zero credible right to tell others who they are!

Question for you, seen as someone else who also finds the BNP cliché plastic paddy as just fine to use, has conveniently ignored to answer.

Do you consider those in Ireland who refer to themselves as British, as plastic not really real, a lesser british? or do you just accept their claim to identity?

Last edited:
I get 'Verdicts' point about being the product of Scottish parents and I certainly am not Irish. I am Scottish but I am not stupid enough to believe that Alex Salmond was not playing the Catholic vote and then hedging his bets with the loyalists saying we would still love our Queen. Yes I would vote Independence and reject Brexit but that does not have to be synonymous with voting for the SNP.

There was a very good radio programme interviewing a Palestine, Pakistani and Italian immigrant to Scotland. All said they considered themselves to be Scottish. However, all said that they didn't always feel understood, fully welcomed or their culture embraced in Scotland. Similarly they all concluded that when they went home they were no longer viewed as being Palestinian or Pakistani or Italian - they were seen as foreign by their own people. I think Irish immigrants get that too. I also accept that I have met some pretty conservative with a small 'c' Irish people. I recall one asshole from Clonbur in the West telling me people emigrated because they were too weak to stay. He didn't live in the North and as his family owned just about everything in Town it was interesting to hear his take on why people should have died in the great famine rather than run to the UK. Lord of Clonbur wrapping himself in the tricolour - he was a legend in his own lunchtime. That said, neither he nor I will ever vote SNP :cool:(y)
So for a bit of fun I see you stated you get verdicts point about Scottish parents. I feel this is one of the fundamentals we are discussing.
Are we entitled to self determine or not. Are we in this free Scotland allowed to state our core fundamental unique identity or is up to some one else to tell us in what ever manner she ( in the case of the SNP mp for Paisley mhairi black ) or he (in the case of theverdict ) or any one else for that matter sees fit.
Does your post really back this imposition of identity as I personally see it and thus negate any need to censure, for there is no crime committed . Or do you identify a humans right to self determine.
If I identify as straight or gay or bi or trans , is this my right or not also. Where do we draw the line . Are African Americans allowed to be so because of racial reason or not because they were removed from Africa 300 years ago. So all their parents etc are born in America
Are we free to be who we are or is there some gulag in Musselburgh or Elgin we should report to for re education. Where Jimmy Shand and the boys will be piped round the clock , where we will eat only porridge and haggis and where we will all think the same and vote SNP or else.
I am trying to be flippant but it beggars belief that again another person has come on and just does not recognise the futility of the statements which begin by saying that which is obviously rascist in my opinion is somehow acceptable .
It is not the same thing as having an opinion of your own . You are entitled to any opinion. But you and thverdict are just individuals like me but you both recognise each other's view but cannot recognise others experience.
However If you are an mp you are representing yourself your voters and your party your opinion should be more considered as you are an opinion maker. I at my work have to hold my opinions on politics etc because I work in the public sector . This public award to the rascist comment maker who is the SNP mp for Paisley mhairi black has really upset me and I am sure others . It has upset me because it is derogatory and rascist . I do not get why this is so complicated. Is a simple point lost by all the complications.

As much as I agree with your condemnation of Mhairi Black's comments you are intentionally trying to conflate her comments with the mindset/views/ideology of the SNP as a party, a cynic would say your comments come across as a deliberate attempt to sow distrust against the SNP amongst the Celtic support and smack of partisan political agitating and point scoring by someone who would be opposed to the SNP whether Mhairi Black had made these comments or not.

Are you as critical or suspicious of the Labour Party or the Tories when their MP's/MSP's have been spouting anti-Irish rhetoric in the past? Because they've not only been spouting the same type of s**t and worse for over 100 years but they're past masters when it comes to intentionally stirring the sectarian/anti-Irish pot when trying to drum up votes.

It wasn't the SNP who exploited the spectre of anti-Irish and anti-Catholic sentiment in Scotland to scare people into voting for them while at the same time pandering to the perpetrators of it the way Labour did and still does and it's not the SNP who courts the Orange Order or has OO members sitting as their councillors on various local authorities in 2018 the way both Labour and the Tories do.

Are these the people us Irish Scots are supposed to trust instead then? F**k that! Your views are your own pal, you certainly don't speak for our entire 'community'!

As much as I agree with your condemnation of Mhairi Black's comments you are intentionally trying to conflate her comments with the mindset/views/ideology of the SNP as a party, a cynic would say your comments come across as a deliberate attempt to sow distrust against the SNP amongst the Celtic support and smack of partisan political agitating and point scoring by someone who would be opposed to the SNP whether Mhairi Black had made these comments or not.

Are you as critical or suspicious of the Labour Party or the Tories when their MP's/MSP's have been spouting anti-Irish rhetoric in the past? Because they've not only been spouting the same type of s**t and worse for over 100 years but they're past masters when it comes to intentionally stirring the sectarian/anti-Irish pot when trying to drum up votes.

It wasn't the SNP who exploited the spectre of anti-Irish and anti-Catholic sentiment in Scotland to scare people into voting for them while at the same time pandering to the perpetrators of it the way Labour did and still does and it's not the SNP who courts the Orange Order or has OO members sitting as their councillors on various local authorities in 2018 the way both Labour and the Tories do.

Are these the people us Irish Scots are supposed to trust instead then? F**k that! Your views are your own pal, you certainly don't speak for our entire 'community'!
So far I have had denial deflection anger rejection more deflection more anger some more deflection and now I am getting anger deflection and whataboutery. You are the first SNP voice that has actually agreed with condemning the SNP mp for Paisley mhairi black for her sectarian posts I at last see a bit of hope .
But then you miss my point. I posted because this overtly rascist anti Irish scots mp has been given an award by the saltire society as one of the ten outstanding women of Scotland for 2018 inspite of her post she is rewarded by this country, the SNP do not do that, i cannot say who is on the awarding panel but it is , I assume ,Scottish societies great and good and they see no problem with this award going to ms black I do that is why I started this post. I posted because I could not believe that this insult had added salt to the wound of her original interview.
I have become upset with the SNP however on two fronts, first the list of attempts by SNP supporting voices on this site to shut me up have been wide and varied, but I cannot help but feel this is more of my previously argued party fear than any genuine attempt to engage after all if they wanted to they need only address my points .
My original questioning of the SNP was as a result of the lack of censure for the mp from the SNP for Paisley ms mhairi black. Again would it be acceptible if she were speaking of blacks Jew Asians . Of course not but the SNP choose to attack me on this page rather than face up to their own party members who espouse these views. I appear easier to attack than to engage in debate with.
Now a new voice come on and again distract what about this what about that i am this I am doing that. I have told you what I am doing. If you choose to read something else into this I cannot be held responsible for that. I am a Celtic fan who came to this forum after seeing it announced on Celtic web pages. I am of Irish scots background. I have been angered by the award given to the SNP mp for Paisley mhairi black. I have also been angered at the SNP for their lack of censure of this individual who represents the SNP in Paisley .
I am not and never have been a member of a political party. If what i am saying is being seen as pushing a wedge between you SNP guys and the Celtic support who backed you in their droves I suggest you look at what you guys are doing rather than what I am saying.
I feel no need to address the deflective whataboutery you bring to this discussion when so few of my points are addressed. I have attempted to put forward the same basic argument in the hope that your party take note and as the party of power in this country try and change it for the better of my community. I note from philmacgiollabhain site with sadness that a meeting planned this very week to begin to try and address these sort of issueshas been cancelled in Glasgow for fear of fascist repercussions towards the venue staff.
Should your time as a party not be better spent fighting these guys rather than us who just seek a degree of parity. After all I did not confront anyone in George / independance square after the vote. My conscience is clear on all these matters is yours.
Yours in Celtic. Hh

Back