At last

Everybody has a right to give an opinion and as this is a sensitive topic for some I think Stevie rather than allow himself to state further his perspective has already been tried in the court of public opinion as being a troll.

The problems between people are endemic everywhere. Whether it be Sectarian, Racial, or Cultural. I get that in this day and age it's appalling that we still have to see this blatant prejudice toward Neil Lennon which has existed from the time he came to Celtic right up till today.

If Neil Lennon had never come to Scotland would he have had the same problems probably not.

But the point Stevie made was "Truth is he didn't help himself. I will NEVER condone what the idiot fan did. He was antagonizing the Hearts supporters."

Now that's a fair point. But for it to be a good point the whole quote needs to be taken into context. Not what some people have decided to do and clip the first part off and focus the attention onto something completely different ie attack the mans character and call him a troll. That's a tatic the SMSM have been doing for years and thus the crux of the Neil Lennon argument.

The media have painted him as a figure from the moment he arrived here as a player and progressing to be a manager. There may be people who can't stand him for dubious reasons but there are also people who don't like Neil Lennon as they see him as a loudmouthed Antagonizing prick.

Find your own loudmouthed Antagonizing prick in the short assortment of names below:

Robbie Savage
Adrian Durham
Chris Sutton
Nacho Novo
Chris Boyd
El Haj Diouf

There are people who don't like Lennon because he's a Catholic and there are people who don't like Lennon as he can also be an Antagonizing prick. The media were going with the second option as it's a safer bet. However now Neil Lennon has to decided to name his belief that there was a more sinister reason why he was pelted with Coins. We will see what the media does with it.

I respect that people are passionate about things but I'm disappointed that folk just react and start throwing insults. We should aim to be better than that kind of behaviour.

I have never referred to Stevie as a troll, nor would I. I have read and enjoyed his posts on this site and completely believe 100% he is a Celtic fan. I have disagreed with his opinion and have given my reasons for doing so. The whole point in Celtic Noise is for well thought out debate and opinion...no doubt in the future we will agree and disagree on loads of things and I look forward to it. HH steviebhoy ???

Same here. I agree with steviebhoy about a lot of things and don't think for a minute he's a hun troll. Of course Lenny can be irritating but none of his behaviour warrants the abuse and I think it's his way of reacting to all the shite he's put up with. I can't imagine for a minute what all that negativity does to him as someone who as he has stated, suffers from depression. HH steviebhoy and Lenny.

It's interesting to note you use the words "Antagonising Prick" more than once....sometimes prefixed by the word "loudmouth" a number of times in reference to Neil Lennon.

Words that are on message by those who consistently use obfuscation as a means of deflecting from the racism and intolerance that is the real issue at play.

No doubt of course this is purely coincidental?

I've never considered Lenny as either a loud mouth or antagonising. He calls it out but never in a crass OTT manner. It might be hard hitting but his responses are measured and justified. In fact if anything, considering what he has endured over the years he has been stoic and dignified.

You have hit the nail on the head mate! this has been going on for years as we can see in everyday life, we keep hearing stop racism, bigotry,anti simetic behaviour? All very well and good but what about anti Catholicism? Christ were not allowed to be prime minister of the country ? Erm excuse my ignorance but is that not all three of the above? but hey we just have to except it! Just saying hail hail

God Bless Neil Lennon. With the 'Call it out' movement, the re-routing of O.O marches and the focus on scottish referees, the msm in the west of Scotland and the BBC are now under scrutiny and can't behave the way they used to in the 'Good old days'.

It's interesting to note you use the words "Antagonising Prick" more than once....sometimes prefixed by the word "loudmouth" a number of times in reference to Neil Lennon.

Words that are on message by those who consistently use obfuscation as a means of deflecting from the racism and intolerance that is the real issue at play.

No doubt of course this is purely coincidental?

I've lived outside of the goldfish bowl for many years.

Here is further context:
I have many friends who are St Mirren fans Aberdeen fans and some Rangers fans none of them have a sectarian bone in their bodies. For whatever reason they disliked Lennon based on his character not his religion. They didn't like the way he rubbed noses in it when Celtic were thumping them also other players generally ignored the abuse but Lennon always reacted making him a bigger target.
He gave as good as he got whilst a player and also as a manager. You can be stoic and dignified in front of a camera and a microphone but that doesn't happen on a football pitch or on the touchline.

My motivation to post was the attack out of context on Stevie and some using his words out of context to shape there own arguments.

Stevies point that he did not condone the behaviour of the fans throwing coins nor do I. Also within the context of my last post some people simply don't like Neil Lennon because of his behaviour not because of any other reason. The same way that some Celtic fans simply don't like loudmouthed Chris Boyd or loudmouthed Robbie Savage or loudmouthed Adrian Durham because of their behaviour.

Why would Lennon be held in a different category than the collection of loudmouths mentioned previously if the person doesn't have any political or Religious baggage attached? which most fans don't have. Not everyone who dislikes Lennon is a bigot, I've worked before with guys who were openly bigoted Rangers fans I didn't like their perspective but I had to work with them and they were good workers who i could rely on even though we had very different opinions. My boss on the other hand was a season ticket holder at Celtic park chapel every Sunday but the guy was a dishonest prick. He was of similar background to me but I respect people more or less based on how they act not what there percieved believes are.

If Neil Lennon has in the past gone out of his way to behave just like the aforementioned Antagonizing pricks to others then what? I'm not allowed to bring this up? Neil Lennon isn't perfect and he'll be the first to admit he should have handled things better at times.

Stevies point was If you goad people (football fans) or react and then something happens then arent you asking for some kind of reaction by goading them in the first place?

We are focused on the fact Lennon was probably getting it tight from the hearts fans he responded and did something to provoke supporters he already has a history with and something happened.

He did the same at mordor and reacted. Thankfully there wasn't a similar reaction. I'm sticking to the evidence presented we can moralize that it's not morally right to throw insults at people or assault them and scream about the injustice of it all. Sorry but that's life and most of the time its not fair get on with it. If Lennon wishes to make a crusade against it then so be it, it is his right to do so and ride the shitstorm that it will attract. However most good people do not want to attract this kind of attention.

But my support of Stevie was clear don't react and goad back. Lennon got away with it at ibrox but not so lucky at Tyncastle because there will always be some arsehole who takes it too far.

By being factual and rational and explaining it from the perspective that not everyone who is Neil Lennon's biggest fans hate him because of his background. What a person does defines his character. Neil hasn't exactly covered himself in glory on that part he's made mistakes and from those mistakes people form opinions. Whether rightly or wrongly based.

Does that address your concerns?

an effigy and "hang Neil Lennon! painted on a wall at tynecastle, BEFORE the match kicked off,who was he "goading" when a fan assaulted him at tynecastle,we could go on and on about the assaults,the death threats,the bombs and the bullets and the abuse he has suffered for EIGHTEEN YEARS! i disagree with both you and steviebhoy,but i defend your right to say it Hail Hail.

Here is further context:
I have many friends who are St Mirren fans Aberdeen fans and some Rangers fans none of them have a sectarian bone in their bodies. For whatever reason they disliked Lennon based on his character not his religion. They didn't like the way he rubbed noses in it when Celtic were thumping them also other players generally ignored the abuse but Lennon always reacted making him a bigger target.
He gave as good as he got whilst a player and also as a manager. You can be stoic and dignified in front of a camera and a microphone but that doesn't happen on a football pitch or on the touchline.

My motivation to post was the attack out of context on Stevie and some using his words out of context to shape there own arguments.

Stevies point that he did not condone the behaviour of the fans throwing coins nor do I. Also within the context of my last post some people simply don't like Neil Lennon because of his behaviour not because of any other reason. The same way that some Celtic fans simply don't like loudmouthed Chris Boyd or loudmouthed Robbie Savage or loudmouthed Adrian Durham because of their behaviour.

Why would Lennon be held in a different category than the collection of loudmouths mentioned previously if the person doesn't have any political or Religious baggage attached? which most fans don't have. Not everyone who dislikes Lennon is a bigot, I've worked before with guys who were openly bigoted Rangers fans I didn't like their perspective but I had to work with them and they were good workers who i could rely on even though we had very different opinions. My boss on the other hand was a season ticket holder at Celtic park chapel every Sunday but the guy was a dishonest prick. He was of similar background to me but I respect people more or less based on how they act not what there percieved believes are.

If Neil Lennon has in the past gone out of his way to behave just like the aforementioned Antagonizing pricks to others then what? I'm not allowed to bring this up? Neil Lennon isn't perfect and he'll be the first to admit he should have handled things better at times.

Stevies point was If you goad people (football fans) or react and then something happens then arent you asking for some kind of reaction by goading them in the first place?

We are focused on the fact Lennon was probably getting it tight from the hearts fans he responded and did something to provoke supporters he already has a history with and something happened.

He did the same at mordor and reacted. Thankfully there wasn't a similar reaction. I'm sticking to the evidence presented we can moralize that it's not morally right to throw insults at people or assault them and scream about the injustice of it all. Sorry but that's life and most of the time its not fair get on with it. If Lennon wishes to make a crusade against it then so be it, it is his right to do so and ride the shitstorm that it will attract. However most good people do not want to attract this kind of attention.

But my support of Stevie was clear don't react and goad back. Lennon got away with it at ibrox but not so lucky at Tyncastle because there will always be some arsehole who takes it too far.

By being factual and rational and explaining it from the perspective that not everyone who is Neil Lennon's biggest fans hate him because of his background. What a person does defines his character. Neil hasn't exactly covered himself in glory on that part he's made mistakes and from those mistakes people form opinions. Whether rightly or wrongly based.

There is a lot of sense in what you are saying....of course every one who hates Lennon doesn't hate him because he is Irish Catholic....BUT...the reason these arseholes feel it is alright to attack him is they have been given the green light by the people who do hate him due to his back round to do so. If What you are saying is correct, wee pricks like Shay Logan would be getting coined every week. Players who are constantly winding fans up are NOT being assaulted every week because the media and club chairmen would be all over it...but with Lennon it's different. Anytime he is abused we are told it is all his fault...if you believe that is nothing to do with where he is from and who he played for then you are nieve IMO...99% off the time he is abused I bet the words Fenian and tarrier are used...and the 1% who just dislike him will know that if a guy can run on to a pitch during a televised match and attack him and get away with it, then fuck it...why not have a go...they understand that they will take no blame for their actions as lenny, the antagonizing prick, brought it on himself

Yet again the establishment have circled their wagons. Over the weekend we’ve seen the Morelos incident given exceptionally high profile coverage and newspapers falling over themselves to tell how Gary Holt or Derek McInnes amongst others have been subject to missiles and verbal abuse. The subtle message is , it’s commonplace, everyone gets it , therefore how can it possibly be anti Irish or racist in the case of Neil Lennon . There’s nothing to see here, let’s move on and in a week or two normal service should be resumed

Here is further context:

You appear to be quite happy to follow the SMSM narrative that Neil Lennon brings it on himself.

You seem to give little or no thought to what he has had to endure since coming to play for Celtic, which has been abhorrent by any civilised standard.

You compare Neil Lennon to others who have received nowhere near the same amount of attacks by abuse, violence, intimidation, sectarianism, racism et al. Why is that?

You say that Neil Lennon by reacting to probable abuse (yes you used the word probable) acted in a provocative manner and as a consequence something happened.

You make the point Neil Lennon has history for going out of his way to provoke those he has had previous issues with.

You say you are sticking to the evidence presented. Presented by whom? The SMSM? All the said evidence that you have locked in to that berates Neil Lennon and states he brings it all on himself to which it is apparent you obviously agree with.

You intimate Neil Lennon is on some sort of crusade. So it's a crusade for Neil Lennon to stand up for his rights and against the injustices he constantly has to deal with?

You say "good people" don't want to attract the attention Neil Lennon does. Who are these "good people"? Do they walk with their heads down? Do they have reserved seating at the back of the bus? Are you perhaps one of these"good people"?

I am of the opinion, by what you state, imply and intimate you are trying desperately hard to besmirch Neil Lennon's character and have others come round to your way of thinking albeit in a somewhat at times subtle way.

I am of the further opinion your views are reminiscent of those of the SMSM.....and also of those who would either have the Neil Lennon's of this world know their place......or act in a subservient manner.

I therefore strongly disagree with your views, the context of what you are alluding to and the general content of what you are trying hard to have people believe is valid.

My concerns remain the same. They are light years apart from yours.

Neil Lennon is the perfect storm to those people to whom racism, intolerance, elitism and sectarianism et al is a major part of their DNA and modus operandi. He is Irish, Catholic, he played for Celtic and he won't be cowed. He is the uppity Fenian who has to be put in his place.

If there are those who don't see this then it is imo because they don't want to. Where do you fit in to this mix? I'll leave that for others to share their views if they choose to and decide for themselves.

Neil Lennon is not playing the victim....He is the victim.

Last edited:

Here is further context:

HUN ALERT. HUN ALERT. HUN ALERT

Does that answer where you can stick your opinion. Luckyshinnie. Your no a Celtic fan.

Your not even human.

You appear to be quite happy to follow the SMSM narrative that Neil Lennon brings it on himself.

You seem to give little or no thought to what he has had to endure since coming to play for Celtic, which has been abhorrent by any civilised standard.

You compare Neil Lennon to others who have received nowhere near the same amount of attacks by abuse, violence, intimidation, sectarianism, racism et al. Why is that?

You say that Neil Lennon by reacting to probable abuse (yes you used the probable) acted in a provocative manner and as a consequence something happened.

You make the point Neil Lennon has history for going out of his way to provoke those he has had previous issues with.

You say you are sticking to the evidence presented. Presented by whom? The SMSM? All the said evidence that you have locked in to that berates Neil Lennon and states he brings it all on himself to which it is apparent you obviously agree with.

You intimate Neil Lennon is on some sort of crusade. So it's a crusade for Neil Lennon to stand up for his rights and against the injustices he constantly has to deal with?

You say "good people" don't want to attract the attention Neil Lennon does. Who are these "good people"? Do they walk with their heads down? Do they have reserved seating at the back of the bus? Are you perhaps one of these"good people"?

I am of the opinion, by what you state, imply and intimate you are trying desperately hard to besmirch Neil Lennon's character and have others come round to your way of thinking albeit in a somewhat at times subtle way.

I am of the further opinion your views are reminiscent of those of the SMSM.....and also of those who would either have the Neil Lennon's of this world know their place......or act in a subservient manner.

I therefore strongly disagree with your views, the context of what you are alluding to and the general content of what you are trying hard to have people believe is valid.

Neil Lennon is the perfect storm to those people to whom racism, intolerance, elitism and sectarianism et al is a major part of their DNA and modus operandi. He is Irish, Catholic, he played for Celtic and he won't be cowed. He is the uppity Fenian who has to be put in his place.

If there are those who don't see this then it is imo because they don't want to. Where do you fit in to this mix? I'll leave that for others to share their views if they choose to and decide for themselves.

I agree with your position completely, and further I wish to highlight the quality of your writing. I admire your post for its content, but also for its eloquence and elegance.

You say that Neil Lennon by reacting to probable abuse (yes you used the word probable) acted in a provocative manner and as a consequence something happened.

You nailed it. That's what I've been trying to write in every bloody post....from now on I'm just going to reply with a "Refer to Imatim post"

That's your opinion reading into my posts, not what is written.

My point was raised due to some trying to cow someone for making his opinion to the forum, and twisting his words.

Again you are reading into whatever you are reading into, stick to what is written not what you think is implied.

If people are provoked enough what generally is the result?

At no point again did I write anything of the sort. Either you are being diliberatley obtuse or trying to pick a fight to beat down and subvert a differing opinion.

Your implication again.

Neil Lennon can do whatever he wishes to do I have no issue with that. The good people are you, me and other on this forum who lived with what Lennon has done all there lives. I would never wear colours to home games after a young boy lost his life for wearing a Celtic scarf. If Lennon wishes to highlight the plight he is free to do so. Other people are not going to be vocal in the way he is because of repercussion. That's the reality in Scotland and it's not my opinion unfortunately. If he wishes to be the flag bearer thats his choice and good luck to him I hope it gains traction.

You are entitled to your opinion everyone here on the forum is. I gave a sense of another perspective if you don't agree with that then that's perfectly fine by me.

This is an open forum people are free to make such a decision. I'm here to give my opinion if that goes against others then I respect whatever they hold to be true. People are allowed to state things that go against the grain as that is the purpose of an open forum.

If you wish to grandstand on your soapbox and cry out what you deem to be based on implications and putting words in my mouth i won't tolerate that.

If your living by your mandate of implication then I would rather you fall on your sword and have the balls to call me out rather than get cheerleaders to do it for you.

Answers to your concerns in the quote above.

You are free to either take on board my response or dismiss it.

Thats everyone's right on this forum.

Shame on me for giving my opinion? A hun? I've lived and breathed Celtic as far as my memory takes me. Was a ballboy at Celtic park in the old days of the "jungle". Was lucky enough to train with the Celtic 1st team. Worked on the old turnstiles. Celtic through and through.
HH?
So what happened. Did you fall, bang your head and wake up a hun?
I bet your the sort who thinks a girl is responsible for getting raped if she is wearing a mini skirt or has had a skinful to drink.
When is it ever the victims fault ? Explain please. Can you explain better than " it's my opinion"

Back