Atlético Madrid game

Only o’reilly comes into the argument for me. Scales came out the departure lounges to fill in and has been everything we never thought capable. Oreiily is top scorer in SPFL and on fire. He’ll go for 20-25 in January somewhere. To a man we all had scales marked as not Celtic class So for him to turn every supporter on a sixpence tells you he’s been better than good.
Yeah and makes a mockery of Starfelt. Who knew???

Simeone saying he doesn't like shaking hands it was nothing personal against Brendan,fair doos he's still a prick.At least he admitted his team couldn't live with us in the first half!We showed last night we belong there and remember Brendans just in the door.A lot of folk are also slating him for bringing on a defender..he clearly didn't want a repeat of the Lazio game.Anyway great performance from all involved last night.

One other we observation fae last night, the big boy Phillips aint a ball playing CB is he, on the right of the back 3 last night is short passing left a lot to be desired and fae my lofty seat it looked like he was unsure if he had to follow his man or keep his shape, on the plus side he never made a balls up of anything serious...

More suited to the middle of the defence me thinks. 🤔

One other we observation fae last night, the big boy Phillips aint a ball playing CB is he, on the right of the back 3 last night is short passing left a lot to be desired and fae my lofty seat it looked like he was unsure if he had to follow his man or keep his shape, on the plus side he never made a balls up of anything serious...

More suited to the middle of the defence me thinks. 🤔
I noticed that myself 50 Shades he is not the greatest passer and probably the reason why he never made it at Liverpool.Done ok but not great!Big Scales has rammed it right up a few of our fans ..including myself.Talk about grabbing a chance with both hands .

I noticed that myself 50 Shades he is not the greatest passer and probably the reason why he never made it at Liverpool.Done ok but not great!Big Scales has rammed it right up a few of our fans ..including myself.Talk about grabbing a chance with both hands .
Whilst waiting in the Emirates park for an hour last night after the game, I got to thinking about big Liam and I remembered how he was dam near going back on loan to the sheep and only for a couple of our Cb's picking up injuries late in the window he would have, and I got to thinking if he'd put they kind of performances on in an Aberdeen strip, all our experts would be saying he'd found his level blah blah blah 🤣, well I'm bloody glad for him that he's proving his level is CL level... And in a Celtic strip...

And in another point fae last night what is it with French strikers and the cheating of teams in Green,,, we had Greaseballs mythical head knock last night, and I'm sure our Irish contingent can remember another Frenchy cheat ☹️, all that talent and they still want to cheat bloody shame.

And in another point fae last night what is it with French strikers and the cheating of teams in Green,,, we had Greaseballs mythical head knock last night, and I'm sure our Irish contingent can remember another Frenchy cheat ☹️, all that talent and they still want to cheat bloody shame.
Neymar isn't French and he is much much worse than Greaseball.

It really does sadden me when you see players with so much skill constantly rolling about feigning injury trying to cheat to get any edge over their opponents rather than just outplaying them. The last really brilliant player I can remember who did not cheat his way through a match was probably Ronaldinho - he played every match with a massive wonky grin on his face and was an absolute joy to watch, even if he was destroying your side.

It really does sadden me when you see players with so much skill constantly rolling about feigning injury trying to cheat to get any edge over their opponents rather than just outplaying them. The last really brilliant player I can remember who did not cheat his way through a match was probably Ronaldinho - he played every match with a massive wonky grin on his face and was an absolute joy to watch, even if he was destroying your side.
Ronaldinho perhaps the best opposition player I've ever seen, played against us for PSG many years ago, and as you say always with a smile...

hink his gnashers were too big for his mooth giving the impression he was happy!!😬😂😂😂the real Ronaldo was the same!!..but what a couple of football gods they were👍👍

Atlético Madrid are in great from this season (if they win game in hand they go joint top in la Liga) team that's hugely experienced in Europe so it will be extremely tough tie and I think 3 points is needed to have any chance of finishing 3rd and maybe best wanting Lazio to beat feyenoord but I'm not 100 percent sure.....Madrid have few injuries but we will need luck in this game (sometimes the fan atmosphere can actually go into other teams favour as much as ours as they like playing at our staduim especially the bigger teams) just have to hope and if we manage to win it will probably be most impressive 3 points in Europe in the past 10 years 🍀anyway let's all just hope and keep the faith🍀
A major influence on the away game will be if we can deny them any space and keep the score 0-0, for as long as possible, I know this is not the way we want to see our team play, but I think that if we can do this then we have a chance to do the same to them as we did to Lazio. BR has probably been thinking about how we can upset the bigger teams in Europe. Is Tommo our secret weapon, much the same as we did in Rome. Coybig. HH

See if we have a stronger striker in bench I think we would have had more than 1 point I've got nothing against oh but he's decent but he's not quality .... hopefully next season we get a few quality players on board and make impact and get out the groups (only problem is at Celtic some of our players might leave at end of season especially Matt)

See if we have a stronger striker in bench I think we would have had more than 1 point I've got nothing against oh but he's decent but he's not quality .... hopefully next season we get a few quality players on board and make impact and get out the groups (only problem is at Celtic some of our players might leave at end of season especially Matt)
Thats why European football beyond Christmas is important. We should be able to hang on to the best we've got with that carrot to keep them.
I think we still have a potential top striker on the bench in Mikey Johnston should BR find a way to play him, although it will be hard to drop Kyogo or Oh. If MJ gets the opportunity he has to grab it the way Scales has done.
We also still have Tilio and we've no idea what he can do. I don't know how his recovery is progressing.
M'OR will attract a lot of attention as well as KF and CCV in the January window if one of those go we 'might' bring in a replacement, if they stay I can't see us adding to an already full squad.

Last edited:
Watch the swerve on palma's shot...
It was a great shot, but it might have swerved into the goalie's reach, if it hadn't taken a slight deflection off a defender. The swerve on the ball was strong enough to take it back towards and in off the post. Cracking goal, and will do Palma's confidence a power of good. I'd love to see him try going past defenders, on the goal-line side more often, if he has the pace.

Thats why European football beyond Christmas is important. We should be able to hang on to the best we've got with that carrot to keep them.
I think we still have a potential top striker on the bench in Mikey Johnston should BR find a way to play him, although it will be hard to drop Kyogo or Oh. If MJ gets the opportunity he has to grab it the way Scales has done.
We also still have Tilio and we've no idea what he can do. I don't know how his recovery is progressing.
M'OR will attract a lot of attention as well as KF and CCV in the January window if one of those go we 'might' bring in a replacement, if they stay I can't see us adding to an already full squad.
Agree with what your saying 👍but I don't rate oh tho he's decent but would struggle to get a game for Aberdeen or hearts he's not Celtic quality ....we need someone who can rival kyogo like GG....mj a like him and hope he gets a chance (a thought bringing him on for the last 20 min against Madrid would have been perfect)

Agree with what your saying 👍but I don't rate oh tho he's decent but would struggle to get a game for Aberdeen or hearts he's not Celtic quality ....we need someone who can rival kyogo like GG....mj a like him and hope he gets a chance (a thought bringing him on for the last 20 min against Madrid would have been perfect)
When Abada is fit again, Daizen could play through the middle if needed, especially if Palma continues to impress. But I'd still like to see another striker brought in.

Two teams in European games us and the other lot the Media take one with velvet gloves the other us with contempt with thier bias opinion , for over 70 years it’s that I know of they attacked Celtic even when we won the the European Cup thier snide remarks continued the battle of the river plate when Celtic were kicked around the pitch the made sure that Celtic got a lot of the blame gone to games watched Celtic run a mock against the papers the following day down played it a joke they should be banned from even parking at Celtic park never mind attending games then they can stay at home and write thier fiction a sad lot made even sadder with thier comments

When Abada is fit again, Daizen could play through the middle if needed, especially if Palma continues to impress. But I'd still like to see another striker brought in.
I was desperate for another striker to come in during the summer transfer window. Oh was still injured, Kyogo's shoulder can go at any time and then Abada got injured. I was sad to see GG leave us last January - I know the narrative was that he only left for more game time, but possibly a few extra £s in his pay packet would have eased his concerns.

The way it is at the moment, Maeda is running himself into the ground for ~100 minutes 1 or 2 times a week, whereas Ange would nearly always sub him off to rest him after an hour. Kyogo was the same, but he is playing much longer matches these days too. Once these players start to tire then that is when they are more likely to pick up niggles, strains and injuries.

Much as I think he has a lot of skill, I'm not convinced that Mikey J will develop into a star player for us. He tends to run with his head down too much and take the wrong decisions at crucial times. I hope I am wrong and Brendan Rodgers/Harry Kewell can improve him into becoming a very effective forward for us.

Abada is a big loss for us. He is an important player but just needs to become more consistent as I think he is either brilliant or invisible (possibly a very harsh assessment I admit, as he is more often the former), but this should improve as he matures and becomes more experienced.

Members online

Latest posts

Back