Atlético Madrid game

Watched TNT Sports highlights in pub after game. James Horncastle, Serie A expert, said Celtic’s first half performance was as good as he has seen in the CL this season. Both he and Julien Laurens, Ligue 1 expert, said our performances in CL so far deserve more points than 1.
Praise that you would never here in Scottish media, although the word expert is alien to any of them. McIntyre on Radio Scotland was trying to sell O’Riley and send Kyogo to hospital for a shoulder operation post match.

Performance tonight was way better than I expected, especially first half, the intensity from our players was something I've not seen for a long time, one of my auld gripes is when someone makes a pass then nothing, the mantra of pass and move was back tonight and I hope it stays.

Second half we eventually matched them up formation wise or else we would have conceded again I've no doubt, well done for that Brendan.

Outstanding performances from our 2 Cb's Scales and CCV, along with Matt and Calmac, Palma was brilliant first half but faded and unfortunately thats as poor a game as AJ has ever had in a Celtic jersey, but it will do him good...

We tired second half and the ball became like a hot potato for a while, but another tweek from Brendan when they went down to 10 and the confidence returned.

I hobbled out of Celtic Park proud of my team tonight, we stood up to a top team and matched them for most of the game.

Well done Celtic and Brendan.

Ref was a wank..

I'd have to question what the fuck was Rodgers thinking with his subs. Oh and yang and iwata should have been thrown on with 15 to go.
Scales has become one of our best players this season
Only o’reilly comes into the argument for me. Scales came out the departure lounges to fill in and has been everything we never thought capable. Oreiily is top scorer in SPFL and on fire. He’ll go for 20-25 in January somewhere. To a man we all had scales marked as not Celtic class So for him to turn every supporter on a sixpence tells you he’s been better than good.

Only o’reilly comes into the argument for me. Scales came out the departure lounges to fill in and has been everything we never thought capable. Oreiily is top scorer in SPFL and on fire. He’ll go for 20-25 in January somewhere. To a man we all had scales marked as not Celtic class So for him to turn every supporter on a sixpence tells you he’s been better than good.
...and Leeds offering 10 mill for O'Riley, they're having a giraffe!!

Great game yesterday great atmosphere too I thought we played very well and not going to moan about the odd wee error as we where playing probably the best team in Spain at the moment and one of the top teams in Europe and wee managed to get a point (even tho we deserved 3) we still have a small chance of 3rd place ......not just cause it's Celtic but our 3 performances deserve more than 1 point .....anyway all good we played well 🍀

Watched TNT Sports highlights in pub after game. James Horncastle, Serie A expert, said Celtic’s first half performance was as good as he has seen in the CL this season. Both he and Julien Laurens, Ligue 1 expert, said our performances in CL so far deserve more points than 1.
Praise that you would never here in Scottish media, although the word expert is alien to any of them. McIntyre on Radio Scotland was trying to sell O’Riley and send Kyogo to hospital for a shoulder operation post match.
Our champions league performances deserve more points.
Sounds familiar eh?
Have to agree with that once more Gary, we only got the 1pt which, the morning after I think was a fair reflection of the game.
They didn't overly trouble our goal a lot but some of their passing in that first half was superb.

It was a great match , Celtic were absolutely electric that first half we made Atleti lift their game to the point both sides were showing outstanding teamwork and interchangeable passing manouveres fizzing the ball around was a great match to watch.
That move for the opener was sublime Celtic, Oriley and Kyogos link up play was fantastic again.
The Hearts game I thought we showed some real glimpses of what we can produce and it was great to see it against such opposition.

When Hatate was forced off I was expecting Iwata not Bernardo but must say Bernardo really turned up and we got to see why we've brought him in.
Thought he played well considering.
With subs like Iwata and Bernardo and on his game Turnbull we now have one of the best midfields I can remember for some time.
Palma again showing he's a big game player, Joe Hart saves 2nd penalty in a row and Taylor is desperately unlucky at the penalty , accidental trip , took three angles for me to actually see it.
Little mistakes like that , accidental or not cost us often at this level, thought CCV could've possibly got to the cross before it got to Morata but watching again perhaps not, great finish.

It's only 1point but it's the performances we've shown that's been really encouraging. Our 1st half v Feyenoord, Lazio and last night have been great to see, that were more than just making up the numbers we're a good side Simeone's reaction at the end said it all.
One of these days things are going to come together for Celtic at this level, hopefully sooner than later and though we have only the single point it keeps us alive and in with a shout still of getting one of the 3 places.
Really impressed with what I saw, Lazio losing 3-1 in Holland also shows our 2-0 , 9 men defeat there could've been worse.
A point in Rome and a win at CP v Feyenoord could yet see us progress but we have to defend well in Madrid and not let our goal difference get away from us. HH 🍀

Our champions league performances deserve more points.
Sounds familiar eh?
Have to agree with that once more Gary, we only got the 1pt which, the morning after I think was a fair reflection of the game.
They didn't overly trouble our goal a lot but some of their passing in that first half was superb.

It was a great match , Celtic were absolutely electric that first half we made Atleti lift their game to the point both sides were showing outstanding teamwork and interchangeable passing manouveres fizzing the ball around was a great match to watch.
That move for the opener was sublime Celtic, Oriley and Kyogos link up play was fantastic again.
The Hearts game I thought we showed some real glimpses of what we can produce and it was great to see it against such opposition.

When Hatate was forced off I was expecting Iwata not Bernardo but must say Bernardo really turned up and we got to see why we've brought him in.
Thought he played well considering.
With subs like Iwata and Bernardo and on his game Turnbull we now have one of the best midfields I can remember for some time.
Palma again showing he's a big game player, Joe Hart saves 2nd penalty in a row and Taylor is desperately unlucky at the penalty , accidental trip , took three angles for me to actually see it.
Little mistakes like that , accidental or not cost us often at this level, thought CCV could've possibly got to the cross before it got to Morata but watching again perhaps not, great finish.

It's only 1point but it's the performances we've shown that's been really encouraging. Our 1st half v Feyenoord, Lazio and last night have been great to see, that were more than just making up the numbers we're a good side Simeone's reaction at the end said it all.
One of these days things are going to come together for Celtic at this level, hopefully sooner than later and though we have only the single point it keeps us alive and in with a shout still of getting one of the 3 places.
Really impressed with what I saw, Lazio losing 3-1 in Holland also shows our 2-0 , 9 men defeat there could've been worse.
A point in Rome and a win at CP v Feyenoord could yet see us progress but we have to defend well in Madrid and not let our goal difference get away from us. HH 🍀
I'm unsure if that's the case I could be wrong but a point in Rome with give Lazio 5 points and we would have 5 if we beat feyenoord but does it go to goal difference or head to heads if that's the case Lazio would qualify (i could be wrong) I know it used to be goal difference

I'm unsure if that's the case I could be wrong but a point in Rome with give Lazio 5 points and we would have 5 if we beat feyenoord but does it go to goal difference or head to heads if that's the case Lazio would qualify (i could be wrong) I know it used to be goal difference
Pretty sure it's head to head now, almost like the old two-leg ties, if we are on the same points. Really hoping we can do something in the remaining away games and Feyenoord kinda cruise through now. Hopefully, making our home game meaningless for them in the last round and us winning to go through. I'm absolutely buzzing for the next game against AM.

Aye true enough TB , might need a point in Madrid or win in Rome, which on previous showings we look capable of.
I was also wondering about the yellows we've picked up have we any suspensions? Hopefully not.

The morning after and the naysayers are adding thier superiority of knowledge with the usual snide remarks yea they played well (not great) but you didn’t win or you only got one point sad lot that they are,Celtic last night were brilliant even towards the end of the game they kept going against a very highly rated European Team , the Celtic team showed last night what they are a team even when they got that penalty the heads stayed up and off they went again to get another goal , a positive performance from a great team because that what it was

The morning after and the naysayers are adding thier superiority of knowledge with the usual snide remarks yea they played well (not great) but you didn’t win or you only got one point sad lot that they are,Celtic last night were brilliant even towards the end of the game they kept going against a very highly rated European Team , the Celtic team showed last night what they are a team even when they got that penalty the heads stayed up and off they went again to get another goal , a positive performance from a great team because that what it was
Best one i read was Atletico are shite and they would have qualified with their superior European pedigree ha ha .They should concentrate on winning against teams like Limassol.

Back