Beaton

Watched Man City being denied a goal for a handball which was nothing compared to the denial of the penalty by Cheatin Beaton yesterday which brings in the old adage of start as you mean to go on the guy should ever ref a Celtic match again

Last edited:
Watched Man City being denied a goal for a handball which was nothing compared to the denial of the penalty by Cheatin Beaton yesterday which brings in the old adage of start as you mean to go on the guy should ever ref a Celtic match again
We should do what they did with Collum last year and tell the SFA we don't want Beaton near another Celtic game, unfortunately if we did that for every non inclusive type ref we wouldn't have a ref for our matches

Ever felt like the whole world's against you? Never thought of abandoning your team just because everyone else wants us to fail as badly as possible? Then you must be a Celtic supporter. Approaching silly hour with the meedja who forget were still far and away the superior side in scotland. We'll show it soon enough. Written off after a cl defeat and an unconvincing cup win (Aye we're through to play thistle ) it's true. Let them write us off at their peril. We'll still take the important title at the end of the day HH COYBIG YNWA

(rant over :p☘☘☘x3 )

Im not sure the defender deliberately handball it, and although his hand was in front of his body I'm not so sure it was heading past his body.

Had he gave penalty I can see why.

Ive seen weaker claims given but had it happened at 1 v1 for Dunfermline against say Ajer I would have been equally miffed had he actually given it.

I suspect he would have given it, but for me its not a clear MIB cheat.

suspecting he would given it at other end is not certain, just a suspicion.

its definitely a dubious call

On dubious ones I think it is better to be NOT giving penalties.

As much as I don't trust Beaton at best of times I think our general wishy washy tactics were more offensive to me than not getting a penalty for that incident.

I would have taken penalty but tbh I think it would have been harsh on the defender.

I really don't think it was deliberate or likely to go past his body on that occasion.

Still it was Beaton so had it been going in past his body I suspect he wouldn't have given it.

Im not sure the defender deliberately handball it, and although his hand was in front of his body I'm not so sure it was heading past his body.

Had he gave penalty I can see why.

Ive seen weaker claims given but had it happened at 1 v1 for Dunfermline against say Ajer I would have been equally miffed had he actually given it.

I suspect he would have given it, but for me its not a clear MIB cheat.

suspecting he would given it at other end is not certain, just a suspicion.

its definitely a dubious call

On dubious ones I think it is better to be NOT giving penalties.

As much as I don't trust Beaton at best of times I think our general wishy washy tactics were more offensive to me than not getting a penalty for that incident.

I would have taken penalty but tbh I think it would have been harsh on the defender.

I really don't think it was deliberate or likely to go past his body on that occasion.

Still it was Beaton so had it been going in past his body I suspect he wouldn't have given it.
tbf TET, it was a great 2 handed save!!!!

Reactions: TET
Not only are Scottish teams pretty weak we struggled against a championship at home.

tactics and preparation were missing

the refs will always be against us

But that performance was worse than gash 4 days after the worst European one result.

can forgive losing to cluj over 2 legs

but to follow that up with dross suggests to me the players are not hungry enough or tactics were pish

So to hear lennon say he was happy worries me more than the performance

Thanks TET
god that was a chronic watch , whoever claimed julien was a CD needs hunted on that showing he's got no awareness of who's around him and his positional sense is bordering on amatuer

Call it the now he's got Marvin written all over him ,said Ralson makes an easy ball hard but just in the highlights the simple things near cost us dear

£7 m christ they seen us coming

ill watch it again

haven't been willing to rewatch it again im that annoyed

shouldn't be needing a penalty in extra time though
Totally agree with your sentiments, but with the hand ball rule changes this summer it is 100% a penalty. Absolutely no doubts.

But we got through although may rue having an extra 30 minutes play time when playing AIK this week.

Members online

Latest posts

Back