BERTIE AULD RIP

Just saw the start of Strictly they did Walk on mind was on Bertie and all the Lions we’ve lost That’s some Team Jock has up there. Was watching Bertie and Bobby talking with Jeff Stelling then singing
For its a Grand AULD team to play for.
Wiping water from my eyes but these tears are for a Diamond in a Team of Pearls
Cheers Mr Auld 👏👏👏👏👏
💚

HH 💚🍀

My favourite Lion
God Bless you Bertie Auld
A Celtic LEGEND
YNWA
Dill. Absolutely,my favourite Celtic player of all the time Entertainer magnificent player and person , I remember when he got transferred to Birmingham broke my heart as a wee ten year old ,HERO gone but not for to long ,think Jimmy Mc Grory signed him back or Bob Kelly the rest is history Absolutely

Sad news a first class gentleman it was an honour watching you in the hoops bertie ,how we'd all love to have been in the tunnell in Lisbon when the singing started

Much loved and respected by the support a true legend
God bless , thoughts n prayers to the Auld family

Gallus a word that summend him up to a tee

Last edited by a moderator:
In the freezing winter off 1986, the snow was so bad we could not get the bin motors out the yard, so the men were asked do you want to take a holiday or else a shuvvle, later on in the morning we we were going past berties pub the bucc, it was only a few hundred yards from the works yard, well as we are walking by we spot bertie putting rubbish in the bins the next thing I know we are in the pub listening to bertie tell his tales off paradise, we sold him our new shuvvles and stayed in the pub all day, big mcgurk who was with me he could sell sand to the Arabs, well he sold bertie these shiny bran new shuvvles, I'll tell you we had a bit off explaining to do when we returned to the yard half pissed and shuvvleless, lucky enough the store man was a big Tim and when we told we had sold them to bertie he just pissed himself laughing. Thoughts are with bertie and his family god bless
A wee bertie story

Just heard about BERTIE sad day in our history gone but will never be forgotten

Bertie was a good friend of my brother who passed away about 5 years ago when Peter came over from Australia for a visit never failed to meet up it was great to listen to them talk about thier days playing back in the day players they played against at different times who was good and the ones who would break your leg if you got in thier way Bertie was great company who had time for everyone no matter who came over to speak to him

Bertie you will never walk alone god bless and keep you

Last edited:
Terrible new, a true Celtic legend, another lion has roared his last, will be sadly missed and fondly remembered by Celtic fan’s worldwide

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord. And let perpetual light shine upon him ... May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. 🙏

RIP
YNWA
💚🍀
All I can say is a class post for a class person well said Bb God bless you Bertie RIP 🙏💚🍀

The night before the 2017 Scottish Cup Final I'd organised a night down at the Greenock Celtic Supporters club. On the stage were Willie Wallace, John Hughes, Charlie Gallagher and John Fallon. Jim Craig was scheduled to have been there too but got called away at the last night to do a favour for Celtic.

There was one other guest coming along but no-one else knew except me. He wasn't going to be there as the start or indeed for most of the night but he told me he'd be there. The night was brilliant, the questions and the answers were being enjoyed by everyone - the supporters and the Lisbon Lions, a 10/10 night for everyone, except me who was anxiously awaiting the mystery man's later arrival.

Then true to his word he arrived. Told me I owed him a tenner for his petrol and then instructed me to go in, the tell compere up on the stage to ask for everyone's attention...the place was mobbed, buzzing with the Lions there and the anticipation of the cup final the next day, so I reckoned that was a tough ask...

But it worked and for about 5 seconds the noise subsided and all eyes were on the stage waiting for something to be said, for about 2 seconds anyway. Because at the back of the hall at the far right hand corner a human tornado entered the room holding aloft a replica of the cup he first lifted 50 years before and he roared at the top of his voice HAIL HAIL THE CELTS ARE, WHAT THE HELL DO WE CARE NOW...FOR IT'S A GRAND OLD TEAM TO PLAY FOR....

Every head turned around in surprise then delight and Bertie's personality flooded into the hall. Supporters weren't on their feet they were up on the tables going as crazy as they would be the next afternoon when Tom Rogic scored that fairytale winner.

Bertie Auld then went up onto the stage and held court, loving every second just as much as the rest of us. What a man Bertie was, a gentlemen, the funniest guy you could ever hope to meet, loved the club and loved the support. He was Mr Celtic and was loved by every single one of us. God bless you Bertie, God bless you. YNWA.

CQN_GREENOCK_0007.jpegCQN_GREENOCK_0258.jpegCQN_GREENOCK_0262.jpegCQN_GREENOCK_0099.jpegCQN_GREENOCK_0055.jpegCQN_GREENOCK_0009.jpegCQN_GREENOCK_0007.jpeg

Members online

Latest posts

Back