Brendan Is Back - Official

There will be more than a few bombs dropped on our fans from the media over the coming weeks....we will see regurgitated stories, that we are all already aware of, making the rounds. Operation divide the fans will be in full flow. They will love nothing more than to hear boos ring around the stadium on the 1st day of the season. We've already been told brandan is failure (7 trophies out of 7) due to his form in Europe.
We will be reminded from now until the 1st game of the season of how he left us, how he tried to take all the coaches. We already know this.

Absolutely right!

We have many enemies and they will all be colluding together and going after us at every opportunity, and as a Support we have to be aware of this and refuse to fall for their transparent agendas…

Absolutely right!

We have many enemies and they will all be colluding together and going after at every opportunity and as a Support we have to be aware of this and refuse to fall for their transparent agendas…
Celtic supporters will get behind him and support him even moreso when the SMSM try to divide us.

If anything that would work for him rather than against as it will only serve to galvanise the support behind him and the team.

Happy to have him back. Top class manager That is all Iam interest in . Celtic is my team and I will support them until I beg it. Managers are there to do a job they do not have to be diehard Tim’s like me. Hail Hail
I agree, but it was that cnut that was 'born into Celtic'.
I hope this time when he's 'walked through broken glass' to take the Celtic job he gets a fucking infection and they have to amputate his teeth

I will be supporting Celtic no matter what until the day I am no longer here despite how I feel about BR return.
Results and success will be all I will be focusing on now and I won't really be listening to anything else.
Pleased the coaching staff will all still be in place for continuity.
Get on with the job of being dominant and putting that mob back under where they belong.
Let's get on with it .

So who is going to be his first major addition to the first team squad???

For me we need a pest in the midfield someone who bites at the ankles of his opponent but aint afraid to take the ball for a run and can score goals, granted Calmac does that but if we had another of that mold it would allow Calmac to play that little bit further forward... So Brendan if you have someone like that in mind go get him 🙄😉.

O Yea and a Ball playing CB as well...

One or two other positions need an upgrade, but lets see who goes first...

Celtic supporters will get behind him and support him even moreso when the SMSM try to divide us.

If anything that would work for him rather than against as it will only serve to galvanise the support behind him and the team.
The Celtic support will support the team like they always do, he may get a banner or two, but they will not waste their time of abusing him

So who is going to be his first major addition to the first team squad???

For me we need a pest in the midfield someone who bites at the ankles of his opponent but aint afraid to take the ball for a run and can score goals, granted Calmac does that but if we had another of that mold it would allow Calmac to play that little bit further forward... So Brendan if you have someone like that in mind go get him 🙄😉.

O Yea and a Ball playing CB as well...

One or two other positions need an upgrade, but lets see who goes first...

Vardy?…

Strangest feeling this; I mean, I'm at loss as to why my emotions/reaction to this news is well, as I say, strange/flat. For the avoidance of doubt, I didn't want him back. Equally, like the rest of us, I was only too aware that I had no say in the matter; so therefore, whatever/whoever the outcome of our search, I would still be in my seat come the new season.

Then of course, it happened, my head took a hold of my senses and told my heart to catch a bus into the real world. Loyalty ? Integrity? Humility? in the same sentence as football ? Nah, long gone !

So, and please forgive me for this, I started to think I may as well get onboard, I may as well succumb to temptation and put my own selfish wishes above all else. Would the past actions of BR really matter a jot if he was to bring reality, bring to life, a long held dream of mine?

Please stay with me, and allow me to elaborate.

When I started going to Paradise, way back in the late1950s, it was in truth something of a depressing time; you see, the establishment team from down Ibrox way were just turning up and sweeping all in front of them.

My numbers may be slightly askew, but I think we'd been champions something like 21 times, Scottish Cup Winners 18 times, league cup winners, ( I think ) twice. it seemed unrealistic to imagine a scenario where we could catch them, let alone overtake them. Then along came Jock.
A tsunami of success followed.

Fast forward then, to the cheating EBT years. A time when, not only ourselves, but the whole of Scottish Football was cheated out of its right to a level playing field. Integrity? Honesty? Nah, all that mattered was the trophy count. We lost ground.

And then came Fergus.

So, what does all that have to do with the reappointment of BR? Well, if it transpires that he surpasses the joint numbers of the two incarnations of the dark side, he may well leave us next time with our forgiveness... perhaps even a modicum of respect.

Sorry about the length of post folks. As I say, just my selfish perspective.

Strangest feeling this; I mean, I'm at loss as to why my emotions/reaction to this news is well, as I say, strange/flat. For the avoidance of doubt, I didn't want him back. Equally, like the rest of us, I was only too aware that I had no say in the matter; so therefore, whatever/whoever the outcome of our search, I would still be in my seat come the new season.

Then of course, it happened, my head took a hold of my senses and told my heart to catch a bus into the real world. Loyalty ? Integrity? Humility? in the same sentence as football ? Nah, long gone !

So, and please forgive me for this, I started to think I may as well get onboard, I may as well succumb to temptation and put my own selfish wishes above all else. Would the past actions of BR really matter a jot if he was to bring reality, bring to life, a long held dream of mine?

When I started going to Paradise, way back in the late1950s, it was in truth something of a depressing time; you see, the establishment team from down Ibrox way were just turning up and sweeping all in front of them.

My numbers may be slightly askew, but I think we'd been champions something like 21 times, Scottish Cup Winners 18 times, league cup winners, ( I think ) twice. it seemed unrealistic to imagine a scenario where we could catch them, let alone overtake them. Then along came Jock.

Fast forward then, to the cheating EBT years. A time when, not only ourselves, but the whole of Scottish Football was cheated out of its right to a level playing field. Integrity? Honesty? Nah, all that mattered was the trophy count. We lost ground.

And then came Fergus.

So, what does all that have to do with the reappointment of BR? Well, if it transpires that he surpasses the joint numbers of the two incarnations of the dark side, he may well leave us next time with our forgiveness... perhaps even a modicum of respect.

Well said Frank even if it was a little short on paragraphs I agree completely HH🍀

I agree, but it was that cnut that was 'born into Celtic'.
I hope this time when he's 'walked through broken glass' to take the Celtic job he gets a fucking infection and they have to amputate his teeth
If that does happen , I'll take his teesh , I could do with a new set of wallies, and who the f*k keeps following me about whistling behind my back when I'm talking?

Jmho , but any Celtic supporter who goes along to the game and abuses the manager should be slung out on their erse.

Keep that stuff for places like here or the pub etc not at CP.

Saw the green brigades post, was very disappointed to read that.
Was it before appointment?
Not so offensive if it was.

Have always had the greatest respect for the North and South curve and what they do.

They don't represent my support for Celtic though, no one does except me.

As long as Celtic are winning and progressing then I'll support Rodgers.
We, as a support fell for his guff....we did the exact same when Ange opened his mouth....we won't fall for it again....as long as Celtic are the dominant team in Scotland and showing signs of progression in Europe then I'm 100% behind the new manager.

And then came Fergus.

Hi Frank:
Like yourself I remember the bad old days although I was a bit spoiled as my first game was under the lights against Valencia for our first effort in Europe. The bottom line is that football has moved on and the days of guys staying forever are a thing of the past. Personally I'm just delighted that the board have pushed the boat out to get the best man for the job. I loved the job that Ange did for us and hopefully Brendan can now build on that. By the time he's gone in 3 years time hopefully we have developed a new home grown version to take over and keep turning the screw.
Hail Hail YNWA

Hi Frank:
Like yourself I remember the bad old days although I was a bit spoiled as my first game was under the lights against Valencia for our first effort in Europe. The bottom line is that football has moved on and the days of guys staying forever are a thing of the past. Personally I'm just delighted that the board have pushed the boat out to get the best mangane for the job. I loved the job that Ange did for us and hopefully Brendan can now build on that. By the time he's gone in 3 years time hopefully we have developed a new home grown version to take over and keep turning the screw.
Hail Hail YNWA
I remember the Valencia game clearly Jinkybhoy. Those days promised much, but delivered very little. Do you remember our big signings of that period? Guys like Bobby Craig and Hugh Maxwell. Heady stuff. What a friggin' journey we've been on.

Back