Brendan Is Back - Official

Only Celtic could sell their manager to Leicester for £7m who then sack him, and we get him back for nowt!

In the words of Fergus McCann, 'Celtic don't do bad deals'.

I'm pleased with his return. He's better now than when he left.

Hail Hail
Except he won 7 trophies in a row with us and was sacked for Leicester winning the champions league Naw oh that’s right wiz sacked fur Mm.
But he’s here so I will back his teams that play in the Hoops he can stick his badge beating pish and do the job he’s been hired to do.
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

So who is going to be his first major addition to the first team squad???

For me we need a pest in the midfield someone who bites at the ankles of his opponent but aint afraid to take the ball for a run and can score goals, granted Calmac does that but if we had another of that mold it would allow Calmac to play that little bit further forward... So Brendan if you have someone like that in mind go get him 🙄😉.

O Yea and a Ball playing CB as well...

One or two other positions need an upgrade, but lets see who goes first...
Heard BR is looking fur a devious Cab driver whae Ken’s Glesca’s backstreets to get him to and fro.
Do you know anyyin that fits that bill ps dinny tell 50

HH 😉

Well he’s back, most of us, if not all didn’t want him back, but in the cold light of day, football is a business, he’s probably the best man for the job,

He starts oan the back foot, he’ll know the support is split on this, he’d better hit the ground running, because we’re not gonna fail for any of his lovey, dovey sound bites this time

The 1st hun game will be the big test, I fully expect us and them to be unbeaten up to that point, I’m I right in thinking the 1st one will be at the death dome with none of our fans in attendance?

I’m get behind our team,
managers may come and go (then come back again)
Players may come and go
The Boardroom may come and go
But all us fans will forever remain…..faithful though and through 💚🤍💚🤍💚🤍🇮🇪
Hail hail

Strangest feeling this; I mean, I'm at loss as to why my emotions/reaction to this news is well, as I say, strange/flat. For the avoidance of doubt, I didn't want him back. Equally, like the rest of us, I was only too aware that I had no say in the matter; so therefore, whatever/whoever the outcome of our search, I would still be in my seat come the new season.

Then of course, it happened, my head took a hold of my senses and told my heart to catch a bus into the real world. Loyalty ? Integrity? Humility? in the same sentence as football ? Nah, long gone !

So, and please forgive me for this, I started to think I may as well get onboard, I may as well succumb to temptation and put my own selfish wishes above all else. Would the past actions of BR really matter a jot if he was to bring reality, bring to life, a long held dream of mine?

Please stay with me, and allow me to elaborate.

When I started going to Paradise, way back in the late1950s, it was in truth something of a depressing time; you see, the establishment team from down Ibrox way were just turning up and sweeping all in front of them.

My numbers may be slightly askew, but I think we'd been champions something like 21 times, Scottish Cup Winners 18 times, league cup winners, ( I think ) twice. it seemed unrealistic to imagine a scenario where we could catch them, let alone overtake them. Then along came Jock.
A tsunami of success followed.

Fast forward then, to the cheating EBT years. A time when, not only ourselves, but the whole of Scottish Football was cheated out of its right to a level playing field. Integrity? Honesty? Nah, all that mattered was the trophy count. We lost ground.

And then came Fergus.

So, what does all that have to do with the reappointment of BR? Well, if it transpires that he surpasses the joint numbers of the two incarnations of the dark side, he may well leave us next time with our forgiveness... perhaps even a modicum of respect.

Sorry about the length of post folks. As I say, just my selfish perspective.
Hi Frank check yir login a think Winters hacked yir post.
He puts a winning team on the park that’s the job DD hired him for does well in European football. I can see your point Frank as a fan that’s gonna be great but if he does do all that then the EPL will come calling and we know what happens then
ReturnoftheAnge2 badges yet to beat
Tour. Hope naw but

HH 😉

A lot of people are welcoming the news of Rodgers return I am not one of them,I personally think he’s a Rat Bastard and I don’t think he’ll see out his contract and everybody on here knows if some team from the EPL comes calling and offers him a tenner more than he’s getting at Celtic he’ll be off. I was always told you should never go back and I remember thinking when Lenny came back after the Rat left that he’s ok to get us through this but not to be a permanent appointment but Liewell and the absentee landlord told us we know fuck all and he’s our man look how that worked out. I fear this is happening all over again not a lot of effort into getting a good replacement for Ange they want him and that’s it anyway enough I hope he proves me wrong but I don’t think he will

For a fan base that's all about love, respect and unity...I'm not feeling it for our new, world class, amazing manager.
Where all the "Welcome to club" messages.....deadner??? Kelly??? Where you 😁😁🤣🤣
Your smug gub will soon change when he signs elyounoussi.
I have no doubt that this will come back to bite you in the arse.
And I hope your next shite is a hedgehog in reverse.

If a club from the EPL comes calling in 2 years good chance he will leave hopefully within this time he will move the progress of the team on a bit. The club should be watching the development of other managers for a potential replacement when the need arrives. Rodgers instruction from the board is simple win trophies and advance in Europe the question is has he learned from past mistakes regarding Europe, with a favourable draw and a bit of luck there might be progress .

Hi Frank check yir login a think Winters hacked yir post.
He puts a winning team on the park that’s the job DD hired him for does well in European football. I can see your point Frank as a fan that’s gonna be great but if he does do all that then the EPL will come calling and we know what happens then
ReturnoftheAnge2 badges yet to beat
Tour. Hope naw but

HH 😉
Smoke and mirrors, JS. Have you ever seen me and Winter in The Smiddy at the same time ?
Gonna just live for the moment as far as managers or players go. My love of the game as a whole has diminished to such extent that, if it wasn't for my ( almost ) incurable Celtic addiction, I could easily walk away from it. They will come and go with ever increasing regularity.

Greed, selfishness, avarice, ego, dishonesty. It's all there, and it ain't gonna change anytime soon.

Sometimes I think we as supporters are naive romantics who don't live in the real world.

Time tae put on my Celtic pyjamas, pour a nice brew into my Celtic mug, and snuggle under my Cetic duvet while reading the comments from my fellow addicts on The Celtic Noise.

Addiction.......it can lead us to say and do all sorts of weird things!

A wasn’t in favour of Rodgers coming back like a lotta guys on here!but a think at least let the guy explain why he legged it first time around coz a wouldn’t have thought it was as simple as Leicester offer he jumps??am just as pissed way ange fuckin off the way he did,he never had any excuses,he was offered everything we could afford but had other secret plans of his own?every man,wummin,and child is entitled to react whichever way the deem to be right…me?I’ve just forked out £792 to renew ma ticket coz ange decieved me into believing he was staying…so a wont be lectured into thinking the way of the north curve or anyone else Rodgers gets ma full voiced backing,,and if big ange returns,,,,,,likewise🍀✌️

A wasn’t in favour of Rodgers coming back like a lotta guys on here!but a think at least let the guy explain why he legged it first time around coz a wouldn’t have thought it was as simple as Leicester offer he jumps??am just as pissed way ange fuckin off the way he did,he never had any excuses,he was offered everything we could afford but had other secret plans of his own?every man,wummin,and child is entitled to react whichever way the deem to be right…me?I’ve just forked out £792 to renew ma ticket coz ange decieved me into believing he was staying…so a wont be lectured into thinking the way of the north curve or anyone else Rodgers gets ma full voiced backing,,and if big ange returns,,,,,,likewise🍀✌️
Ditto .

I didn't bother my arse when Rodgers left and couldn't understand why the majority on here were so angry because just like players, managers move on when it suits them.

I don't want him back for the simple reason that he proved he didn't want to be here and also the fact that I don't think we should take backwards steps. That to me isn't progressive enough.

I'm also sick of everyone telling me we should all get behind the manager. These would be the same people that cursed him and protested with tifos etc.

I'll stick to my principles(unlike many others) and continue supporting my team but I couldn't give a damn about the manager.

Latest posts

Back