Brendan Rodgers.

It would be good to understand our recruitment process. Ange seemed to be very hands-on with regards targetting incoming players, whereas this seems to have fundamentally changed in the last year or so.

Obviously, he can't give us any names, but has he provided specified targets of players he knows fit into our business model who he really wants us to bring into the club? Or is this left entirely to the recruitment team to provide him with a finalised list of options for him to choose from?

I suspect his response will be "a bit of both," which might be the truth. Or it might be media-savvy non-committal coaching, which means you can claim credit for any successes and slopey shoulder any complaints for failures. The beauty of decisions by committees!

I don't think it would be wrong to say you're one of a growing number who feel like that, tt; not difficult to understand really.
Think it was The Deadner that said he has until the end of this month to improve results AND performances before any decision is taken.
What cannot be denied is that the pendulum is most definitely swinging away from him.

All I want for Christmas is a return to what we have come to expect in modern times. This current malaise is very much consistent with darker days, even of the  recent past.
I'm not one for kidding myself: that's definitely the route to getting found wanting.
As it happens, I don't think he'll be removed: if he is denied the funds needed for genuine improvement, though, he may walk.

Could be the best answer all round.
I dont think he would walk. He came for the money and the prestige. He does not know what to do with a winning squad. Perennial Loser in the modern game. Hes only here for the payoff and he does not get a payoot if he walks. Serves DD right but unfortunately it is not his money.

Last edited:
Following a period of reflection (🍷🍷) I know all about the arguments on recrui, Lawwell x2, and quality. BUT surely as a so called elite manager Rodger’s should be able to get more out of the existing squad??
Thats the rub right now he is playing to us the gallery in the hope of a good January Window.
Just hope it’s not too late
HH
He is not even trying to coach.

I dont think he would walk. He came for the money and the prestige. He does not know what to do with a winning squad. Perennial Loser in the modern game. Hes only here for the payoff. Serves DD right but unfortunately it is not his money.
He was better paid at Leicester than the relatively small £3 million a year at Us
He’s not in it this time for the money I think it’s for his own redemption.

And I know £3 million isn’t small change
But the going rate.
If he’s allowed to get his own players in then he lives or dies by those decisions if he’s forced to accept the poor players from the summer signings. And doesn’t get his players then if he’s got a shred of integrity he should walk and tell the fans what’s been going on
But £3 million a year fuck integrity

HH🍀

He was better paid at Leicester than the relatively small £3 million a year at Us
He’s not in it this time for the money I think it’s for his own redemption.

And I know £3 million isn’t small change
But the going rate.
If he’s allowed to get his own players in then he lives or dies by those decisions if he’s forced to accept the poor players from the summer signings. And doesn’t get his players then if he’s got a shred of integrity he should walk and tell the fans what’s been going on
But £3 million a year fuck integrity

HH🍀
and we know how good he is at picking players....

Who thinks WC will get an answer to any of our questions?
Naw, me neither.
I asked him about his first six months and the areas he wants to improve then asked him about formation changes as per requests. He gave really interesting and detailed answers especially to the second question.

When I arrived I bumped into Reo Hatate, then had a chat with James Forrest (while all the time thinking he's gonna see The Celtic Star on my badge and pull me up about Sandman! He's hopeful of a start tomorrow btw. John Kennedy came done the stairs and said hello then it was into talk to the manager.

Not at Celtic this time

HH🍀
He seems to be moving on from blaming the players in the papers today, to now blaming the board and lack of Green Brigade for his lack of coaching. Seems the Huns forum was right. He looks like he is working his ticket.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back