Brendan Rodgers

He was a great manager. I believe that, in time, we will find out exactly why he left when he did. A quick revision of history will need to be written.

I too would have him back in a heartbeat.
The guy who could not get a result in Europe (still the same if the result from last week is anything to go by) who overspent with little or no result? Just delighted he took Congerton with him.

he trebled the wage bill

none of his signings were cheap most have been released on frees

and the knock on effect of his signings

raised every other player wage substantially to the new norm

which means there is no room in the budget to increase it

he got best out of our already good players

but thats as far as he added any value

he lied through his teeth

I suspect the board took away his blank cheque coz all his signings were rank rotten in scotland

his ambitions required 100 million extra to compete with lowest epl team

he didn't improve youth

hardly gave any1 a chance

was he good coach

yes was he worth it

NO

he cost much more than he added

left club in turmoil

and all the players he filled with big money dreams he abandoned and we still have most of them and they are stuck in the nightmare of Scottish football when they were promised big money moves to hot countries

he even tried to double deal a move to china for cash

thats how much he loved celtic

he insisted on first class travel and hotels but in all it was burning through cash as fast as advocate and the team was overtime seeing how glib he was

and they were downing tools under him

poof

and away in the night

hello Leicester the team I always loved as wee boy and hoped I could get chance to manage one

did he buy ntcham for Leicester?
what bout Boyata?

what bout big eddy?

cal?

Tierney?

no they all knew his game? and he knew they might grass him up.

Sinclair was shadow of his start

Dembele was fit here and there

nearly every player had snapped hamstring every other week.

and despite selling some of our best players to balance books we have never really made a cent

he was a snake oil salesman

never a manager

good coach coz modern players want to here the glib stuff

seems fans do too.

but it burns a hole in your pockets

which ex rodgers players rate him

I know Gerrard loved him till Suarez incident

then detested him ever since

turned out he was double dealing with them behind their backs

think thats what motivated him most to go sevco

he knew he was overrated
In some ways I agree tet that he wanted to buy success, for which he did in the beginning.
But who has been buying the players for the last couple of seasons is now the question?
I can't see any manager wanting to take celtic on as things stand with this current board in place and the way they want to conduct the football playing business.
We still have a good few young players available who won't get a look in as things stand, and the way lenny has derailed our youth system hardly makes us an attractive proposition moving forwards, and his claim of doing nothing but taking the club forward is nothing but horse shite.
With Lenny and PL we have gone seriously backwards to enable scum to catch up with us.
Totally unforgivable and horrible snot catcher DD has overseen this whole shitshow.
Go to fuck the lot of them

Somewhere on the Noise I asked was it not time to recognise Rogers football achievements for Celtic and consider what forced him to go.
The less charitable will say Premier League , money etc but Leicester, I mean Leicester, really.
When we were around 6 or 7 into the titles I was unhappy about us singing about 10 in a row. But when Rogers came along I'm afraid BR here for 10 in a row resonated.
If he had been given more support internally I still think he would have been.
No doubt the appropriate Non Disclosure clause in his contact means we'll never know.
I think we are seeing in the current nonsense now what really was the catalyst for his departure and when Leicester said now is the time he probably went fuck it, let's go.
A real shame because if he goes at the end of the season he is a legend.
I just hope DD takes some initiative to at least make us competitive through to the end.
HH
I don't want to know ...... actions speak louder than words.

he trebled the wage bill

I suspect the board took away his blank cheque coz all his signings were rank rotten in scotland

he didn't improve youth

was he good coach

yes was he worth it

NO

left club in turmoil

and all the players he filled with big money dreams he abandoned and we still have most of them and they are stuck in the nightmare of Scottish football when they were promised big money moves to hot countries

he insisted on first class travel and hotels but in all it was burning through cash as fast as advocate and the team was overtime seeing how glib he was

poof

and away in the night

hello Leicester the team I always loved as wee boy and hoped I could get chance to manage one

what bout Boyata?

what bout big eddy?

cal?

Tierney?

and despite selling some of our best players to balance books we have never really made a cent

never a manager

seems fans do too.

he knew he was overrated
Best post I've read in quite a while. Only cos I agree 100% in what was said.

In some ways I agree tet that he wanted to buy success, for which he did in the beginning.
But who has been buying the players for the last couple of seasons is now the question?
I can't see any manager wanting to take celtic on as things stand with this current board in place and the way they want to conduct the football playing business.
We still have a good few young players available who won't get a look in as things stand, and the way lenny has derailed our youth system hardly makes us an attractive proposition moving forwards, and his claim of doing nothing but taking the club forward is nothing but horse shite.
With Lenny and PL we have gone seriously backwards to enable scum to catch up with us.
Totally unforgivable and horrible snot catcher DD has overseen this whole shitshow.
Go to fuck the lot of them
Sounds like MON in my opinion.

So blame Rogers for the mess we are currently in then? Is that what you are claiming?
Is that what I said? We are not in a mess.... we are just not winning.
I judge Rodgers on his time with us so I agree with what Tet said. He is not with us any more and my memory is of another sleasy operator. If this was my club he would NEVER be welcomed back for any reason.

Is that what I said? We are not in a mess.... we are just not winning.
I judge Rodgers on his time with us so I agree with what Tet said. He is not with us any more and my memory is of another sleasy operator. If this was my club he would NEVER be welcomed back for any reason.
We are in a mess, one that should never have been allowed to happen. 2 Win's in 12 games in such an important season is a huge mess and now with the continued support of lenny can only indicate that this mess has to get worse yet before any sign of the much needed change will be put in place

Disappointing as it is... It's a game of football. In these times there are actually lots of important things to worry about mate.

Reactions: TET
I wouldn't let Rodgers within an asses roar of Celtic pk ever again. He's a fuckin snake and a liar. I wouldn't believe one word that came out if his mouth. Just ask Danny mcgrain. One of the most embarrassing bullshit stories I ever heard.
In bygone years in Ireland, if a neighbours goat kept breaking into a neighbouring farm, the farmer would tie old kettles and pots to the goats tail and hit him a slap on the arse. The noise created would scare the goat and she would just keep running. This term was known as kettled. A phrase still used to this day for some horrible prick that should be chased down the road. As in "that fucker should be kettled" or "he ran like a kettled goat".
Rodgers should gave been fuckin kettled!

I agree mate. I feel the same but in moments of clarity I recognise I have no control, however disappointing that may be. I've been watching Celtic since the early sixties so I've been disappointed before.
but the disappointment wasn't spending 10 million on a dude from Kazakstan who burst out greeting if you tackle him, he cant pass ball straight or cross ball but he can run away from stadium faster than Lennox to his lambourgini way his pay check no probs

he trebled the wage bill

he didn't improve youth

was he good coach

yes was he worth it

NO

left club in turmoil

poof

and away in the night

what bout Boyata?

what bout big eddy?

cal?

Tierney?

never a manager

seems fans do too.

he knew he was overrated
I dont understand why you think he was overrated? He only delivered the invincible season, trophy after trophy , totally untouchable domestically , didnt bankrupt the club , had that been the case there wouldve been no money for lenny to blow on signings he doesnt play. As I said I don't like the way he left the club. Anyone who thinks hes not a good coach is kidding themselves, hes shown his abilities at swansea, liverpool, Celtic and now leicester. He wasnt given 40 million in 2 seasons like lennon . You're entitled to dislike him for his actions but his achievements are beyond questioning

Maybe Jim White does eat fish on Fridays but there does appear to be a case of history repeating its self.

In Particular read some of the comments from the Bolton Fans they could have been written on here

Lennon must repair dressing room cracks in fight for survival ...

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/spo...r-dressing-room-cracks-in-fight-for-survival/
The Wanderers boss has dug in his heels under pressured circumstances in the last few weeks as evidence of unrest surfaced within the squad.

Rows with Gary Madine and Josh Vela have hit the headlines as Lennon imposed his authority by dropping them from his team in unceremonious fashion.
Lennon has not been afraid to voice public concern over players’ form either – with Wellington Silva and Zach Clough given the short shrift.

Claims Neil Lennon has lost the Hibs dressing room are ...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennon-suspended-hibs-after-13908898

Neil Lennon and right hand man Garry Parker were booted out of Easter Road last night after an explosive dressing room showdown.
Record Sport can reveal the
Hibs boss and his trusted assistant were suspended after calling a heated team meeting following Wednesday night’s defeat at Motherwell.

It’s understood a number of players approached chief executive Leeann Dempster yesterday afternoon to complain about the conduct of the management duo.

Maybe you send this to Lawell as well. Just to jog his memory like.

I dont understand why you think he was overrated? He only delivered the invincible season, trophy after trophy , totally untouchable domestically , didnt bankrupt the club , had that been the case there wouldve been no money for lenny to blow on signings he doesnt play. As I said I don't like the way he left the club. Anyone who thinks hes not a good coach is kidding themselves, hes shown his abilities at swansea, liverpool, Celtic and now leicester. He wasnt given 40 million in 2 seasons like lennon . You're entitled to dislike him for his actions but his achievements are beyond questioning
for more money than he returned and broke club in process

He left the club In a precarious position but he didnt break the club the boards lack of vision in giving lenny the job, in the shower broke the club , they couldve appointed another top manager ( BR is a top manager that's why he gets top jobs') no TET sorry we usually agree on most things this is all the boards doing not Rodgers, he brought success the board decided to go backwards and everyone knows it

Regardless of like or not, BR is generally considered in the game itself a top manager & widely as no fool. BR would not touch Celtic if pistol still held the reigns.
Unlikely NFL would have returned if things had of worked out better (he stated prior & recently he wanted to work in the EPL again one day) and he didn't need a better paid job.

Does it matter?
Like Duffy who is a decent 4-4-2 defensive CB (made to look bad in our system) , said before he arrived he was never going to solve the problems (& that no one defender could) on his own in this system.

Likewise it would not matter what Manager comes in while pistol rules & dictates.
Pistol is the core problem, he has put the limited @ both ends of Celtic Football Club.

every ailment the club suffering right now began the day the club tried their version of advocaat. it created a culture of glibness at club. And in trying to fix it, its created this weird divide that we should be able to afford the rodgers spending without the epl tv money.

its just a matter of buying the correct players.

no

I genuinely think this new model driven by the buy the best it pays itself back when you sell them is totally flawed and its driven by media campaign to destroy the club just like it destroyed rangers

the model they had was built on the same pipe dream imo

And it will never be good enough to compete with clubs getting billion pound from tv every decade and growing.

|But despite fact no-one can lay down the plan of how it works in scotland, its the new model that the board should be pushing for coz the zombies have a tax haven trust cloaked system AGAIN

He was decent coach should never be let near the talent spotting cause he useless at it

And it seems the talent available has dried up or its no good enough to cope playing in scotland against rotten teams cause it cant motivate players if they already won it many times.

you cant sell your players cause thats going backwards and you cant make enough prize money to compete outside scotland

our best hope would be taking Scottish boys and making them stars of future

but the interest in youth drying up

And the culture in football is pure rank where 10 k per week is looked at as rubbish wages.

not all rodgers fault but he is a glib and shameless scam artist and he used Celtics hard earned cash broke the healthy system and introduced toxic glibness which has been further extended by lennon because he thinks thats how football seems to run these days.

its no longer football

its flash mega riches for sub standard players who think they are gods

And for me thats the opposite of purpose of football

when a liar is praised as hero for winning with mega millions more than his nearest rival then it creates hubris

and we have it running through club

lenny needs sacked

but the problem was created by rodgers

Back