Brendan Rodgers

Despite the obvious of what should have happened long ago & what is wanted generally by Celtic fans, NFL is going no where soon.

Said that before the 2 recent & even more pathetic SPFL performances, & still think it now, because pistol is the real Trump like figure not NFL.
Pistol thinks hes really special, the best & has convinced enough simps around him that he has special talents & like Trump carefully chosen his team so as to not outshine him!

So NFL is going nowhere soon, as pistol knows he would need to expose himself as the core problem!
That Pistol hired NFL
Pistol hired JK (not NFL)
Pistol hired WGS jr (never NFL's demand ) pistol also hired the other bro craig as a scout.
Pistol hired Nicky Hammond the sacked from WBA, as Celtic Director of Football Operations

Not a one of them were remotely in demand when hired by Pistol.

every ailment the club suffering right now began the day the club tried their version of advocaat. it created a culture of glibness at club. And in trying to fix it, its created this weird divide that we should be able to afford the rodgers spending without the epl tv money.

its just a matter of buying the correct players.

no

I genuinely think this new model driven by the buy the best it pays itself back when you sell them is totally flawed and its driven by media campaign to destroy the club just like it destroyed rangers

the model they had was built on the same pipe dream imo

And it will never be good enough to compete with clubs getting billion pound from tv every decade and growing.

|But despite fact no-one can lay down the plan of how it works in scotland, its the new model that the board should be pushing for coz the zombies have a tax haven trust cloaked system AGAIN

He was decent coach should never be let near the talent spotting cause he useless at it

And it seems the talent available has dried up or its no good enough to cope playing in scotland against rotten teams cause it cant motivate players if they already won it many times.

you cant sell your players cause thats going backwards and you cant make enough prize money to compete outside scotland

our best hope would be taking Scottish boys and making them stars of future

but the interest in youth drying up

And the culture in football is pure rank where 10 k per week is looked at as rubbish wages.

not all rodgers fault but he is a glib and shameless scam artist and he used Celtics hard earned cash broke the healthy system and introduced toxic glibness which has been further extended by lennon because he thinks thats how football seems to run these days.

its no longer football

its flash mega riches for sub standard players who think they are gods

And for me thats the opposite of purpose of football

when a liar is praised as hero for winning with mega millions more than his nearest rival then it creates hubris

and we have it running through club

lenny needs sacked

but the problem was created by rodgers
Sorry TET I can't agree our problems now were created by Rodgers.
I do believe PL wouldn't invest in the way Rodgers would have wanted to.
Rodgers I believe really wanted us back competing in the CL which would mean better investment in players to do so.
PL vision seems to only be a renewed team every 2 years that only by luck may get CL football as there is so much uncertainty around player's every time these qualifying rounds come around and how slow and penny pinching he is in getting players in.
At the time the domestic scene was a back up system for which Rodgers did conquer handsomely.
I would say now what do we really want as a direction for the club to be taken in?
To get back to been competitive in Europe investment is necessary, to settle for the domestic scene then youth can be the way forward but the glamour of the money on offer down south will Always be a problem that we can't compete against.
A new overall of the whole set up behind the scenes is required and both PL and lenny are certainly not capable of undertaking the work that is needed as they have well and truly proved that as both have visions of blind men

Sorry TET I can't agree our problems now were created by Rodgers.
I do believe PL wouldn't invest in the way Rodgers would have wanted to.
Rodgers I believe really wanted us back competing in the CL which would mean better investment in players to do so.
PL vision seems to only be a renewed team every 2 years that only by luck may get CL football as there is so much uncertainty around player's every time these qualifying rounds come around and how slow and penny pinching he is in getting players in.
At the time the domestic scene was a back up system for which Rodgers did conquer handsomely.
I would say now what do we really want as a direction for the club to be taken in?
To get back to been competitive in Europe investment is necessary, to settle for the domestic scene then youth can be the way forward but the glamour of the money on offer down south will Always be a problem that we can't compete against.
A new overall of the whole set up behind the scenes is required and both PL and lenny are certainly not capable of undertaking the work that is needed as they have well and truly proved that as both have visions of blind men
they cant invest beyond the clubs income

thats just reality

you can bring in better players only until your expenses on wages each the plateaux set by your max expected income

but as your players get better they want better terms

and you must sell them or run at loss year on year

which is impossible to sustain

and that overextension crushes the value of your players because you need to sell them or go burst

and thats the point rodgers reached

And the fans were saying but we need more good players to compete

but you cant without the a comparable income with the teams you want to try beat

the bigger the gulf the harder it gets

And by putting club right on its brink in relation to must need cl money or we run at no profits

then just 1 bad signing sets the club back years

not a few months

years

unless you have hidden tax haven trusts funnelling their wages off the books

And rodgers made not just 1 bad signing but several

and the selling of Dembele didn't offset the damage he did.

the selling of Tierney didn't off set the damage

all that hard work was thrown down pan by handing massive wages to average new signings

he also didn't have a Gerrard style team with 3 years gel through spine to compete with

he also got all the hard work ronny done with players and it might just be that had Ronnie had third year like Gerrard got that team was gonna be just as good as rodgers

but he gets the credit for ronny talent

ronny gets called cheap option

but ronny signing made club great wealth, might have been under rodgers they flourished but his pizazz and superficial glibness worked treat in beginning and poor ronny gets the nail

and look at my teeth, gets the applause

was he good coach yes

was he good with money

rank rotten

did he wn trebles yes

but mostly with Ronnie players who had 3 years gel through spine with a couple of big name pizzazz

but without ronny backbone rodgers would flop

without Liverpool powerful backbone rodgers would flop

out of his signings at Liverpool were dreadful

and same at Leicester he inherited top players who were gelled just needed a bit of confidence

glib and shameless dudes can convince you to give them your cash for confetti

rodgers is a scam artist

he is as superficial charming as they come

he would stick knife in your back if it made his teeth whiter though

these dudes rule world

not through ability, though they have some, but through sheer self confidence

and its why people follow them

and believe the hype

and that hype is the reason they do well for spell

but it always comes crashing down when the veil reveals the teeth are actually rotten to core. once you spot it, the superficial white emulsion doesn't dazzle you, you just see the rotten bits

And he is the cause of Celtics hubris

it was created by the short term benefits of spending large sums

followed by the plateaux then you need next dude to carry can and stabilise things

but lenny went for more hubris and glibness

and its fallen apart

every ailment the club suffering right now began the day the club tried their version of advocaat. it created a culture of glibness at club. And in trying to fix it, its created this weird divide that we should be able to afford the rodgers spending without the epl tv money.

its just a matter of buying the correct players.

no

I genuinely think this new model driven by the buy the best it pays itself back when you sell them is totally flawed and its driven by media campaign to destroy the club just like it destroyed rangers

the model they had was built on the same pipe dream imo

And it will never be good enough to compete with clubs getting billion pound from tv every decade and growing.

|But despite fact no-one can lay down the plan of how it works in scotland, its the new model that the board should be pushing for coz the zombies have a tax haven trust cloaked system AGAIN

He was decent coach should never be let near the talent spotting cause he useless at it

And it seems the talent available has dried up or its no good enough to cope playing in scotland against rotten teams cause it cant motivate players if they already won it many times.

you cant sell your players cause thats going backwards and you cant make enough prize money to compete outside scotland

our best hope would be taking Scottish boys and making them stars of future

but the interest in youth drying up

And the culture in football is pure rank where 10 k per week is looked at as rubbish wages.

not all rodgers fault but he is a glib and shameless scam artist and he used Celtics hard earned cash broke the healthy system and introduced toxic glibness which has been further extended by lennon because he thinks thats how football seems to run these days.

its no longer football

its flash mega riches for sub standard players who think they are gods

And for me thats the opposite of purpose of football

when a liar is praised as hero for winning with mega millions more than his nearest rival then it creates hubris

and we have it running through club

lenny needs sacked

but the problem was created by rodgers
Understand those points , agree with many of them but I don't agree that the problem was created by Rodgers, he was given the post by the board and ultimately its the board the buck stops at, they appointed Rodgers a great coach brought through dembele , made ajer , Christie turned ordinary standard players into invincible winners won every domestic trophy he entered but left to pursue his own interests. So I would argue that the board should've and did see that coming. Then they appointed lennon and hes gone backwards since his peak days, again something the board are responsible for ( lack of vision and lack of action) and again should have seen coming. The state the club is in now is not and never was the sole responsibility of Rodgers ( who left the club at a bad time but not in bad shape not by a long shot) or lennon its the board always has been. They call the shots even sign players not asked for by the manager. I dont see how you can blame rodgers who all supporters if the club knew when he signed was using the club to get back to top level football, the board were happy to indulge that at the time. He made Celtic a far far better side than they were before he joined. Since he left in the horrible way he did , standards have dropped off drastically, he commanded the respect of most players at the club lennon it looks as though he commands no respect from the players , appears they dont believe in him or his "tactics" that's the boards fault , they are the ones who have fallen asleep at the wheel and try as he might it's gone for him now. The boards statement that they will look at it after the new year means they will let him lead us out at hampden then hes out ( to me that's what they are saying) no one manager, coach, player can be held responsible as the sole cause of this disaster of a season. The board however are a different story. They run the club they are responsible for it's well being and they sanction transfers in and transfers out. If anyone has broken the club ( I dont believe the clubs broken btw) then look to the suits . HH

Understand those points , agree with many of them but I don't agree that the problem was created by Rodgers, he was given the post by the board and ultimately its the board the buck stops at, they appointed Rodgers a great coach brought through dembele , made ajer , Christie turned ordinary standard players into invincible winners won every domestic trophy he entered but left to pursue his own interests. So I would argue that the board should've and did see that coming. Then they appointed lennon and hes gone backwards since his peak days, again something the board are responsible for ( lack of vision and lack of action) and again should have seen coming. The state the club is in now is not and never was the sole responsibility of Rodgers ( who left the club at a bad time but not in bad shape not by a long shot) or lennon its the board always has been. They call the shots even sign players not asked for by the manager. I dont see how you can blame rodgers who all supporters if the club knew when he signed was using the club to get back to top level football, the board were happy to indulge that at the time. He made Celtic a far far better side than they were before he joined. Since he left in the horrible way he did , standards have dropped off drastically, he commanded the respect of most players at the club lennon it looks as though he commands no respect from the players , appears they dont believe in him or his "tactics" that's the boards fault , they are the ones who have fallen asleep at the wheel and try as he might it's gone for him now. The boards statement that they will look at it after the new year means they will let him lead us out at hampden then hes out ( to me that's what they are saying) no one manager, coach, player can be held responsible as the sole cause of this disaster of a season. The board however are a different story. They run the club they are responsible for it's well being and they sanction transfers in and transfers out. If anyone has broken the club ( I dont believe the clubs broken btw) then look to the suits . HH
Ronnie bought Ajer im sure

Dembele was a freak accident we got cheap

through his big pizzaz name no doubts but his monster wage forced up entire squad

when wage reached plateaux of max extension he played the glib card and then created havoc

the value he added to club with Sinclair was offset by his huge wage and low sale

rodgers is good coach if you have the funds to sustain his glibness

but we dont come close

only reason we had some cash to try the experiment was Ronnie cheap option and his great eye for cheapish raw talent with profit

rodgers took that 2 year gelled talent and got the third year synergy

he added a few real additions but trebled the wages

and was gash against the quality teams for the money he spent

and it couldn't be extended because even with cl we were maxed out on wages to point even with cl we would not have made worthwhile profits to grow any further

but he struggled badly against similar predicament clubs

and he never had a team like current sevco side breathing down his neck

and still he wanted to burn more money

the only reason rodgers had some room to dazzle was the hard work of Ronnie and the cheaper way he tried.

rodgers used up all the gold and replaced it with hubris filled huge earners then left

and its hard to get wage down without selling the high earners and if you do its the cheap option

hahaha
True every Celtic supporter knows that deila laid the foundations but he wasnt able to get from the players what Rodgers did no one has. I hold no hate towards Rodgers though I hate how he left , lifes too short for that. Still I've never seen a Celtic side as dominant domestically as the Rodgers Celtic side in my lifetime , Celtic are not broke far from it , been squirilleing the cash away for years then give Lennon 40 million or so and hes wasted it on players he wont play or who dont want to play for him , it's very sad state of affairs and the blame lies squarely with the suits imo I cant see it any other way. Why appoint a top coach then go backwards at all?

I agree the board need boosted

hey are not functioning properly

they are not running club well

but they need to fix the wage income broken by rodgers to set things right

we are on course to lose around 30 million this season on top of the extra spending they made

covid will run the cash reserves into ground

last thing we can afford is a rodgers type

because this team are not gelling well and need too many fixes in key areas to be wasting mega millions on sub standard players

I have no idea who can fix this mess on our budget but we need to get lucky with good coach who can spot talent and use it better than lenny

through his big pizzaz name no doubts but his monster wage forced up entire squad

when wage reached plateaux of max extension he played the glib card and then created havoc

the value he added to club with Sinclair was offset by his huge wage and low sale

but we dont come close

only reason we had some cash to try the experiment was Ronnie cheap option and his great eye for cheapish raw talent with profit

and it couldn't be extended because even with cl we were maxed out on wages to point even with cl we would not have made worthwhile profits to grow any further

Ronny bought ajer but he was on his way out before rodgers recognised his potential not as a mf but as a CB and loaned him out same for Christie. That's going away from the 'Rodgers broke Celtic 'line though ☘

Ronny bought ajer but he was on his way out before rodgers recognised his potential not as a mf but as a CB and loaned him out same for Christie. That's going away from the 'Rodgers broke Celtic 'line though ☘
I dont really rate Ajer at cb if im honest

and christie is too hot and cold for my liking

he is good but prone to bipolar behaviours imo

not half as good as he thinks but he is good player on his game

he always was though

Ajer and christie both play better when they think they are gods

but they crash under scrutiny

those types work need excessive pampering

and they are both prone like lenny to point finger at you when they screw up

for me both those players are sub standard celtic players

neither would get regular first team if I had my way

too emotional

same with wee clueless ping pong

he isn't even spfl premier league ready never mind celtic quality

starts most games and has regressed rather than improved as result

I dont really rate Ajer at cb if im honest

and christie is too hot and cold for my liking

he is good but prone to bipolar behaviours imo

not half as good as he thinks but he is good player on his game

he always was though

Ajer and christie both play better when they think they are gods

but they crash under scrutiny

those types work need excessive pampering

and they are both prone like lenny to point finger at you when they screw up

for me both those players are sub standard celtic players

neither would get regular first team if I had my way

too emotional

same with wee clueless ping pong

he isn't even spfl premier league ready never mind celtic quality

starts most games and has regressed rather than improved as result
The problem with this current squad as I see it TET is it was created on a 3 5 2 with 2 players for each position.
Nothing wrong with that in theory as it was such a success last season when everyone knew there role within the team.
Now what have we got? A complete and utter shambles.
We have been patient enough with watching this shitshow unfold before our own eyes and now got to the stage that no player seems to want or to understand there role within a team.
This is hardly surprising when the manager himself no longer seems to have any idea either, and backed up by nothing.
We were ment to believe that Ajeti will become the replacement for eddy and lenny personally got involved to seal that deal and now hasn't a clue in what role he wants him to play and if he has then it's shite.
It didn't take lax long to fit into the garbage that is on offer which Sunday showed.
Every player under lenny has gone backwards this season and alarming for the one's who were here whilst Rodgers was here.
These are just facts that lenny continues to keep ignoring and the arseholes within the board are supporting his ignorance.

It's what I love about the noise always great well informed and respectful debate about that which is close to all our hearts Glasgow Celtic HH ☘
Ah know Winter,each post,has me switherin fae one to the other! yeez both put across great points,at the moment ah'm considering TET's financial aspect of Rodger's tenure,and your aspect of performance and achievement! it's a wee heidscratcher! 🍺 🥳

they cant invest beyond the clubs income

thats just reality

you can bring in better players only until your expenses on wages each the plateaux set by your max expected income

but as your players get better they want better terms

and you must sell them or run at loss year on year

which is impossible to sustain

and that overextension crushes the value of your players because you need to sell them or go burst

and thats the point rodgers reached

And the fans were saying but we need more good players to compete

but you cant without the a comparable income with the teams you want to try beat

the bigger the gulf the harder it gets

And by putting club right on its brink in relation to must need cl money or we run at no profits

then just 1 bad signing sets the club back years

not a few months

years

unless you have hidden tax haven trusts funnelling their wages off the books

And rodgers made not just 1 bad signing but several

and the selling of Dembele didn't offset the damage he did.

the selling of Tierney didn't off set the damage

all that hard work was thrown down pan by handing massive wages to average new signings

he also didn't have a Gerrard style team with 3 years gel through spine to compete with

he also got all the hard work ronny done with players and it might just be that had Ronnie had third year like Gerrard got that team was gonna be just as good as rodgers

but he gets the credit for ronny talent

ronny gets called cheap option

but ronny signing made club great wealth, might have been under rodgers they flourished but his pizazz and superficial glibness worked treat in beginning and poor ronny gets the nail

and look at my teeth, gets the applause

was he good coach yes

was he good with money

rank rotten

did he wn trebles yes

but mostly with Ronnie players who had 3 years gel through spine with a couple of big name pizzazz

but without ronny backbone rodgers would flop

without Liverpool powerful backbone rodgers would flop

out of his signings at Liverpool were dreadful

and same at Leicester he inherited top players who were gelled just needed a bit of confidence

glib and shameless dudes can convince you to give them your cash for confetti

rodgers is a scam artist

he is as superficial charming as they come

he would stick knife in your back if it made his teeth whiter though

these dudes rule world

not through ability, though they have some, but through sheer self confidence

and its why people follow them

and believe the hype

and that hype is the reason they do well for spell

but it always comes crashing down when the veil reveals the teeth are actually rotten to core. once you spot it, the superficial white emulsion doesn't dazzle you, you just see the rotten bits

And he is the cause of Celtics hubris

it was created by the short term benefits of spending large sums

followed by the plateaux then you need next dude to carry can and stabilise things

but lenny went for more hubris and glibness

and its fallen apart
Apart from the last sentence I would tend to agree. It was the same with MON, as I said before.

but we dont come close

Are you sure you don't mean Strachan and MON? After MON almost broke the club due to lengthy massive contracts given to ageing players with no resale value. Strachan (the real one) was drafted in to reduce the wage bill significantly and reduce the average age significantly ---- check

Last edited:
The problem with this current squad as I see it TET is it was created on a 3 5 2 with 2 players for each position.
Nothing wrong with that in theory as it was such a success last season when everyone knew there role within the team.
Now what have we got? A complete and utter shambles.
We have been patient enough with watching this shitshow unfold before our own eyes and now got to the stage that no player seems to want or to understand there role within a team.
This is hardly surprising when the manager himself no longer seems to have any idea either, and backed up by nothing.
We were ment to believe that Ajeti will become the replacement for eddy and lenny personally got involved to seal that deal and now hasn't a clue in what role he wants him to play and if he has then it's shite.
It didn't take lax long to fit into the garbage that is on offer which Sunday showed.
Every player under lenny has gone backwards this season and alarming for the one's who were here whilst Rodgers was here.
These are just facts that lenny continues to keep ignoring and the arseholes within the board are supporting his ignorance.
and yet you seem to believe that this is all at the feet of Lenny. If so, imagine.... tomorrow you are without a manager... what do you do now? Who do you think you would like to bring in? What do you believe the new manager could do to fix the current malaise? How long would you give him before baying at his heels? and yet it must be the boards fault now because (Lennys not there any more, and)they didn't recruit properly or they did not back him by spending millions? What are you suggesting Johnno?.

Last edited:
and yet you seem to believe that this is all at the feet of Lenny. If so, imagine.... tomorrow you are without a manager... what do you do now? Who do you think you would like to bring in? What do you believe the new manager could do to fix the current malaise? How long would you give him before baying at his heels? and yet it must be the boards fault now because they didn't recruit properly or they did not back him by spending millions? What are you suggesting Johnno?.
Lenny hasnt done himself any favours by sticking with this 1 striker nonsense against the domestic sides. We are a club who play on the front foot , we have eddy up front alone getting isolated when weve seen the results of a partnership with Griffiths and ajetti can bring. 1 up front should be plan B for us , if we are struggling to break sides down then 2 strikers it's a no brainer, in Europe under pressure? 1 IP front and hit on the counter. I'm no manager or coach but even I can see this. Lenny is under pressure and so hes sticking with it.

Are you sure you don't mean Strachan and MON? After MON almost broke the club due to lengthy massive contracts given to ageing players with no resale value. Strachan (the real one) was drafted in to reduce the wage bill significantly and reduce the average age significantly ---- check
yes

I agree

but he wasn't a cheap option

just a more balanced capable manager with less resources than the spend spend spend is the way to growth managers

its only temporary growth till your income plateaux then you need downsize the wage bill like Strachan did with period of cash resource building from sales then hopefully if you have a decent manager under those conditions you get another chance at stronger team few years down line.

you cant grow past your expected income unless you have a fancy sell your best players to make up the short falll

spending past your income cant work without the selling your best players

and replacing them with good quality isn't easy in short term

and if you have a manager who lost his marbles in the downsizing period with rank rotten impractical system then it can become seriously unhinged and crash the value of your players and set club backwards

Members online

Latest posts

Back