Celtic at Dundee, Tues 26-Dec-2023 at 3pm. Ref=D Robertson VAR=G Aitken

Another tepid and timid display, it's not good enough and hasn't been all season.
What the hell has happened to our Celtic? Does Rodgers really care or is it he really doesn't know any other way? Going into the Derby with nothing but hope against a piss poor hun side is not on especially when we know 100% we have the players to fuck the huns into the dirt where they belong.

This ain't gonna end well

Another tepid and timid display, it's not good enough and hasn't been all season.
What the hell has happened to our Celtic? Does Rodgers really care or is it he really doesn't know any other way? Going into the Derby with nothing but hope against a piss poor hun side is not on especially when we know 100% we have the players to fuck the huns into the dirt where they belong.

This ain't gonna end well
Timid & tepid ?? 74% possession, 38 shots, 23 corners ? End product underwhelming maybe but what would the numbers be if we went flat out haha. What I dont get is how we apparently committed 12 fouls to their 3 ??

Couldn't care about stats, just been watching the Celtic.
If these displays and tactics are good enough and your happy then that's grand but for me I don't want my blood pressure going through the roof when we're up against dreary shite teams with shite players who we should be comfortably dealing with with attacking, passing football played the proper Celtic way.

Ended up a cracking result today,but must admit ma blood pressure was going through the barrier!!!we are too lackadaisical in the first 45 of most of our games and it ain’t nearly good enough,Kyogo doesn’t get the service he got when ange was here but fuckin gilt edge chances he’s missing are criminal,nobody seems to want to grit the teeth and forcibly make it happen!!it’s awe a bit five-side tip tap nonsense!!daizen ran oot way the ball or played it awe the way back and not one player slated him?we need to be more angry!!!demanding!!!urgency!!we had as many chances today as we had against hearts,killi,Motherwell,,st Johnstone bit more urgency in they games we go into hun game 15 in front🤷‍♂️……60 thousand Tim’s on the 30th only one winner🍀🍀🍀🍀

It's pretty hard to play the Celtic way when everyone bar your own goalkeeper is 25m from goal...opposing teams are getting worse....even Anges Celtic would have struggled to play the Celtic way today such are the tactics of the opposition...on any other day today, we would have won by 6 or 7 ...the shooting boots need rebooted

Has anybody else noticed how MO'R seems to thrive when more positive players are playing around him? He visibly perked up when he saw the positive play from MJ when he came on. I think it really affects him when he plays a good pass to someone and then watches it come straight back to him when that player (not mentioning any names) can't take advantage of the move.

It's pretty hard to play the Celtic way when everyone bar your own goalkeeper is 25m from goal...opposing teams are getting worse....even Anges Celtic would have struggled to play the Celtic way today such are the tactics of the opposition...on any other day today, we would have won by 6 or 7 ...the shooting boots need rebooted
Exactly. In fact, Ange's team did struggle to play the Celtic Way in many matches. We sneaked a fair few last gasp winners under him playing against the anti-football bus parkers. And all too often we only played 1 decent half in a game.

I love his style of football but he is famous for his teams never stopping and snatching late goals.

As much as I don't trust Rodgers, it wasn't him that has missed so many sitters in the last few weeks. But rather it has been the players we worship - who are earnings £10Ks/week to have the privilege of wearing the famous Hoops - that have squandered so many good chances.

Before the game I felt there was the potential of a very slippery banana skin; in actual fact, there was never any real threat from our opponents. I thought we showed improvement again, even from the Livi game. Just keep applying ourselves as we have done in the past two games, and I'm sure we'll start to convert more of our chances.

Two games to win before our season starts for real. We've left the door ajar slightly, giving hope to the blue plague. Beat them, followed by a victory down Feegie way, get our January business done, and it's take off !

Exactly. In fact, Ange's team did struggle to play the Celtic Way in many matches. We sneaked a fair few last gasp winners under him playing against the anti-football bus parkers. And all too often we only played 1 decent half in a game.

I love his style of football but he is famous for his teams never stopping and snatching late goals.

As much as I don't trust Rodgers, it wasn't him that has missed so many sitters in the last few weeks. But rather it has been the players we worship - who are earnings £10Ks/week to have the privilege of wearing the famous Hoops - that have squandered so many good chances.
Do you not think players are told what roles the manager wants them to play? Why do top teams pay big bucks for the top managers, I don't think you really think its just the players letting us down, theres more to it than that.

Do you not think players are told what roles the manager wants them to play? Why do top teams pay big bucks for the top managers, I don't think you really think its just the players letting us down, theres more to it than that.
If we are getting a handful of absolute gilt edge chances in the first 45 of games then a think it absolves the managers tactics(which I’m no big fan of)?and puts it firmly on the guys that’s just not converting and putting us on easy street?

Of course the manager instructs players in how he wants them to play. But our players have missed about a dozen absolute sitters in the last 4 league games. Some of these chances it looked easier to score than miss.

I don't think you really think that the manager is telling the players to miss when presented with an easy chance to score.

I've said before on here that I believe there are a number of factors and people who are contributing to our poor performances.

I don't think the manager is selecting the right players, formation or tactics based on the players at his disposal. I think our management team are failing to coach our players properly in defending and attacking set pieces.

I believe our recruitment in the summer transfer was an absolute disgrace. We did not get in the quality of players we needed and could easily afford. Our replacements were all downgrades on our departures.

I think the players also take their share of the blame too. Too many look lackadaisical and apathetic - yes the manager should gee them up but they should also be able to self-motivate too.

Having said that, it isn't all doom & gloom. After all we are top, and I believe we'll win the league - even if we do lose at home in the next Glasgow derby (which I don't think we will).

Do we have a plan A, B, or C for the corners we get...? We seem to either punt them too long or we try to turn the ball in at the near post, I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel, but most teams that we play against have taller players when they swing the ball over from a set piece, and panic stations happens, I'd like to see one of our players at the back stick just outside the box, and one on the 18 yard line to try a shot when the defenders clear our in swinger...just a thought from a mere mortal, a record number of corners in our favour and nothing to show for it - Get it sorted Bhoys HH

Last edited:
Aye, missed the Boxing Day game due tae the temptations of Whisky & a Sexy Lady😳

So had to be content with watching Sportscene, mutch better without the three Tadgers in the Studio. Big Miovski would be hitting 30+ goals in this team., Well Santa's been till next year hopefully late Chrimbo presents still to come a HUNSKELPING on Saturday, set us up nicely for the Hogmanay & Big Miovski in January.

🎆HAPPY NEW YEAR 🎆 FUCK THE HUNS🖕🎆

Back