Celtic FC Statement on semi finals

TET. Why our board and shareholders keep silent one suspects not rocking the boat ensures them their bonuses. Money in the bank is more important to them than all the arguments over same club or not strip the titles or not. Dermont Desmond and the board need sevco more than we the fans do. I'd happily see sevco go bust and no other team take its place. The board know exactly what they are doing re not speaking out imo time for a complete clear out of the board and real Celtic men in charge that will listen to the supporters. HH TET. ☘️

Reactions: TET
Focus is always on next game. Imo the lack of silence from our board should be at the forefront of our minds just now. The team will give nothing but 100% tonight and we all wish them well. I for one don't like our board treating us as an inrevelance. It's time to stand up speak out on behalf of the supporters concerns. HH ☘️

TET. Why our board and shareholders keep silent one suspects not rocking the boat ensures them their bonuses. Money in the bank is more important to them than all the arguments over same club or not strip the titles or not. Dermont Desmond and the board need sevco more than we the fans do. I'd happily see sevco go bust and no other team take its place. The board know exactly what they are doing re not speaking out imo time for a complete clear out of the board and real Celtic men in charge that will listen to the supporters. HH TET. ☘️

Im no sure thats exactly right. It may well be exactly right. I suspect the monetary thing comes into it for sure. But the club Sevco would till exist and would still potentially be a massive club since it has the entire horde needing their particular addiction ministered.

Celtic want to compete at highest level of football. A strong Scottish league would aid all scottish teams to compete with each other and in europe.

The death of Rangers has sack all to do with the strength of our league. In fact the strength of our league gets weaker every season that clubs overextend their financial muscles through debt. And the bending over to accommodate a the injustice of all Rangers fans and their hubris killed Rangers stone dead. To allow the new club to pretend its the same club continues the gravy train of the unelected backhanders on the gravy train from Tax avoidance/evasion. It doesn't make our league one bit stronger.

Now to give Celtic board benefit of doubt is just until proven otherwise.

The club is owned by the shareholders
They elect the board
DD wealth has nothing to do with Celtic, but he is a nice person to have on the board. 1 he is billionaire and has influence in business world. 2 He runs businesses like a business 3 Celtic is business with charitable caveat.

Lawell job is to make the shareholders wealth. He is very good at it. He adds lots of value off the pitch. He is there to keep the Manager in line with manageable budgets and to assess the financial added value of the purchases that the team manager would like to add value on the pitch. Lowell is not the problem in this sense. He doing what a CEO should be doing. He looks after the wealth off the pitch for the shareholders which attracts more investment since the investments are value added.

Rest of the board I have no clue.

Manager
Rodgers
Big name big wage knows the game and how he wants to play winning football.

But lots of his purchases haven't actually added any value on the pitch. And he has tendency to overspend and give wages that are very high for celtics budgets. He likes luxury travel and hotels and luxury everything. Which is fine if it adds value on and off the pitch.

I suspect his inability to spot top young players is problematic to the business model of the Club.

Basically he isn't very efficient. But then again very few of the best managers in the world of football matters are very efficient. they just want to buy the best players available to make their style work. This model can't work at Celtic. Its the very model that killed Rangers. Unless you have unlimited funding from the bank of thin air then normal clubs need to work to the model of the business.

I suspect thats where the Rodgers Lawell eye to eye has broken down.
Rodgers can't add value on pitch without burning value off it.

Congestion doesn't have a good record either. So Rodgers may like all humans have little cliques he prefers rather than someone really fit for the job at hand.

Now Ronny Diela and lennon and Strachan all could add value to club by sporting top talent at cut prices.

Martin Oniel and Rodgers don't give hoot about the business models they just want the players they want.

Hence reason Oniel buggered off in my opinion
And the reason Rodgers will bugger off sooner or later.
Now all of the above is my opinion only.

I know it will not be popular with the footballing value fans.

But I genuinely think everything I said is valid.

I dont trust Lawell since he has no voice anymore on all other topics. But he has done his job very well.

Rodgers has done his job well on the footballing side so far. But his off field value add on is very limited by the operational limits of the Club.

And the doubts remain that he can spot value added youngsters who can add value quickly to team.

And while that remains I don't think the club will be trusting him with mega million purchases if they come at the cost of wealth destruction.

Without wealth growth the club goes backwards. Without value added investment on pitch the club stalls on pitch and usually quickly goes backwards.

But thats the limits of having a properly run business.

The alternative is criminal glib and shameless liars who only destroy wealth but get themselves richer in process. The Sevco way

Am I the only person that doesn't really give much of a fuck about this? I've read the entire thread and aye it's not a brilliant situation however my focus is very much on tonight game!

Eventually you will have no tonights game if the you focus solely on the present and throwing virtue down the pan just to satisfy a need.

But the nights game is still very important. But so is the future of the game if its run for hidden agenda.

Plenty Celtic supporters in Edinburgh - we'll fill the place.

There's never been a precedent of the holders getting a leg up. No point in expecting it now. I reckon the decision's been made on two points:
(1) logistics of folk travelling back and forth between Edinburgh. This option reduces the number compared to the other. The Polis must have had a word about this - especially after the fuck up with the first plan.
(2) Celtic match was first out the hat, so would have been the Saturday match. Options were to play the Saturday or move it. They moved it.
Think it's mainly the Polis people count, though. SPFL are no good with communications and should have said so. I really don't think it's discrimination, though.

There's never been a precedent of the holders getting a leg up. No point in expecting it now. I reckon the decision's been made on two points:
(1) logistics of folk travelling back and forth between Edinburgh. This option reduces the number compared to the other. The Polis must have had a word about this - especially after the fuck up with the first plan.
(2) Celtic match was first out the hat, so would have been the Saturday match. Options were to play the Saturday or move it. They moved it.
Think it's mainly the Polis people count, though. SPFL are no good with communications and should have said so. I really don't think it's discrimination, though.

If thats the case. I see no reason why its clandestine move along do as your told.

But seems odd to me that Cup holders are forced to move to a stadium that isn't neutral for one of the teams being the home stadium of hearts for most of last season.

For neutrality Rangers abedeen would be better choice at Edinburgh.

But that would be too neutral?

Hampden is the national stadium and the place for semi finals so just move the date of one of the semis or the the offending tufa match.

For the reasons you say, Benny I think talk of a boycott is a waste of time as not everybody will be in agreement and a half-arsed attempt will make us look even weaker. In the grand scheme of things there are bigger battles to be won against the corrupt authorities who have been cheating us for years while giving a leg up to the team from Ibrox.

Im no sure thats exactly right. It may well be exactly right. I suspect the monetary thing comes into it for sure. But the club Sevco would till exist and would still potentially be a massive club since it has the entire horde needing their particular addiction ministered.

Celtic want to compete at highest level of football. A strong Scottish league would aid all scottish teams to compete with each other and in europe.

The death of Rangers has sack all to do with the strength of our league. In fact the strength of our league gets weaker every season that clubs overextend their financial muscles through debt. And the bending over to accommodate a the injustice of all Rangers fans and their hubris killed Rangers stone dead. To allow the new club to pretend its the same club continues the gravy train of the unelected backhanders on the gravy train from Tax avoidance/evasion. It doesn't make our league one bit stronger.

Now to give Celtic board benefit of doubt is just until proven otherwise.

The club is owned by the shareholders
They elect the board
DD wealth has nothing to do with Celtic, but he is a nice person to have on the board. 1 he is billionaire and has influence in business world. 2 He runs businesses like a business 3 Celtic is business with charitable caveat.

Lawell job is to make the shareholders wealth. He is very good at it. He adds lots of value off the pitch. He is there to keep the Manager in line with manageable budgets and to assess the financial added value of the purchases that the team manager would like to add value on the pitch. Lowell is not the problem in this sense. He doing what a CEO should be doing. He looks after the wealth off the pitch for the shareholders which attracts more investment since the investments are value added.

Rest of the board I have no clue.

Manager
Rodgers
Big name big wage knows the game and how he wants to play winning football.

But lots of his purchases haven't actually added any value on the pitch. And he has tendency to overspend and give wages that are very high for celtics budgets. He likes luxury travel and hotels and luxury everything. Which is fine if it adds value on and off the pitch.

I suspect his inability to spot top young players is problematic to the business model of the Club.

Basically he isn't very efficient. But then again very few of the best managers in the world of football matters are very efficient. they just want to buy the best players available to make their style work. This model can't work at Celtic. Its the very model that killed Rangers. Unless you have unlimited funding from the bank of thin air then normal clubs need to work to the model of the business.

I suspect thats where the Rodgers Lawell eye to eye has broken down.
Rodgers can't add value on pitch without burning value off it.

Congestion doesn't have a good record either. So Rodgers may like all humans have little cliques he prefers rather than someone really fit for the job at hand.

Now Ronny Diela and lennon and Strachan all could add value to club by sporting top talent at cut prices.

Martin Oniel and Rodgers don't give hoot about the business models they just want the players they want.

Hence reason Oniel buggered off in my opinion
And the reason Rodgers will bugger off sooner or later.
Now all of the above is my opinion only.

I know it will not be popular with the footballing value fans.

But I genuinely think everything I said is valid.

I dont trust Lawell since he has no voice anymore on all other topics. But he has done his job very well.

Rodgers has done his job well on the footballing side so far. But his off field value add on is very limited by the operational limits of the Club.

And the doubts remain that he can spot value added youngsters who can add value quickly to team.

And while that remains I don't think the club will be trusting him with mega million purchases if they come at the cost of wealth destruction.

Without wealth growth the club goes backwards. Without value added investment on pitch the club stalls on pitch and usually quickly goes backwards.

But thats the limits of having a properly run business.

The alternative is criminal glib and shameless liars who only destroy wealth but get themselves richer in process. The Sevco way
All valid points TET. Well said. HH ?

All valid points TET. Well said. HH ?
Is the ending of your post, as in signing off with a shamrock the clue, if so, well played to escape the mental asylum, and advice given to others, hood on and walk among the dead and watch their screaming.HH
This is what the SFA are scared of its not the manks from the gutter its the slug in the garden.

Attachments

• death threats mccoist.jpg
    death threats mccoist.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 1
If thats the case. I see no reason why its clandestine move along do as your told.

But seems odd to me that Cup holders are forced to move to a stadium that isn't neutral for one of the teams being the home stadium of hearts for most of last season.

For neutrality Rangers abedeen would be better choice at Edinburgh.

But that would be too neutral?

Hampden is the national stadium and the place for semi finals so just move the date of one of the semis or the the offending tufa match.

Mathematically speaking, yes. Aberdeen, Hearts and the team from Ibrox all at grounds "away" from their home cities. The way they've landed it, It's only Celtic and Aberdeen playing "away". Aberdeen are travelling anyway so it's really a choice between one or two sets of fans travelling in and out of the same stations. If I were polis, I know which one I'd argue for.

Doncaster told so many lies when he announced the first disastrous plan that he didn't have much space to play when coming to a compromise. This way, he can pass the blame to the Polis. Moving dates would have highlighted his own lies about fixture pile ups - unless they moved one semifinal to Saturday. The logical game to have on the Saturday would have been the Aberdeen one given that Sevco arent travelling for their UEFA game on the Thursday. That would have then involved Doncaster doing something that the hordes at Ibrox wouldn't have liked. There's definitely no precedent for that!!

I really don't think the issue of being cup holders has been considered; nor should it be (unless there's a precedent). We've also got Broony and Rodgers both on record saying that they prefer Murrayfield to Hampden - obviously not in the last couple of weeks.

Oh! Meant to say that the polis probably have pictures of Manchester in their minds. Who'd want that lot travelling if it could be avoided?

HH boab was trying out new name to see if anyone cottoned on. I might as well go back to being, who is it you thought I was boab.?

Mathematically speaking, yes. Aberdeen, Hearts and the team from Ibrox all at grounds "away" from their home cities. The way they've landed it, It's only Celtic and Aberdeen playing "away". Aberdeen are travelling anyway so it's really a choice between one or two sets of fans travelling in and out of the same stations. If I were polis, I know which one I'd argue for.

Doncaster told so many lies when he announced the first disastrous plan that he didn't have much space to play when coming to a compromise. This way, he can pass the blame to the Polis. Moving dates would have highlighted his own lies about fixture pile ups - unless they moved one semifinal to Saturday. The logical game to have on the Saturday would have been the Aberdeen one given that Sevco arent travelling for their UEFA game on the Thursday. That would have then involved Doncaster doing something that the hordes at Ibrox wouldn't have liked. There's definitely no precedent for that!!

I really don't think the issue of being cup holders has been considered; nor should it be (unless there's a precedent). We've also got Broony and Rodgers both on record saying that they prefer Murrayfield to Hampden - obviously not in the last couple of weeks.

When you say a precedent surely there always has been one and, thats why when there was a two game two seperate days in semis the teams first out always played on the first day, and the other usually got hit with the shitey moving carpet the next day. We travel anywhere but its the priciple thats galling.

Members online

Latest posts

Back