Celtic noise forum

Once again, swamped by pish blogs fae the Celtic star šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Notice how no one has commented in any of the bloggers threads, theyā€™re cluttering up and killing this forum šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

If the blogs stay in a separate section and the noise is left pretty much as it was Iā€™m cool wi that if it turns into a traffic driver for the blogs then Iā€™m off
We want the same thing Micky, the blog sections are supposed to be separate - that is the plan - the way that they have been implemented seems to have had an impact with folk who use the What's New button (which I don't). I mentioned at some point over the weekend that I would get on to this on Monday and was looking for everyone who had issues (ie we found out some folk are only seeing 8 back pages on their devices) to let me know so we can sort. The solution to the What's New function is to have a selection - what's new in forums and what's new in blogs.

The insults and abusive behaviour from one poster - fast becoming a troll - makes me less inclined to make this my first priority of the week.

On the complete nonsense that this is about click baiting - I had a look at the numbers yesterday, we have just over 30k page views on The Celtic Star and TEN came from here. It that is maintained for a year we might make a penny and the same will be the case for the other two blogs, which actually tells you why they haven't done much on here over the years.

I have also explained the reason why we want to add the blogs section - which makes perfect sense and will also drive more Celtic fans to join the forum which is a good thing. Incidentally we have two forums, that can also increase in time but my own enthusiasm for all of this is definitely dented after the last few days.

We want the same thing Micky, the blog sections are supposed to be separate - that is the plan - the way that they have been implemented seems to have had an impact with folk who use the What's New button (which I don't). I mentioned at some point over the weekend that I would get on to this on Monday and was looking for everyone who had issues (ie we found out some folk are only seeing 8 back pages on their devices) to let me know so we can sort. The solution to the What's New function is to have a selection - what's new in forums and what's new in blogs.

The insults and abusive behaviour from one poster - fast becoming a troll - makes me less inclined to make this my first priority of the week.

On the complete nonsense that this is about click baiting - I had a look at the numbers yesterday, we have just over 30k page views on The Celtic Star and TEN came from here. It that is maintained for a year we might make a penny and the same will be the case for the other two blogs, which actually tells you why they haven't done much on here over the years.

I have also explained the reason why we want to add the blogs section - which makes perfect sense and will also drive more Celtic fans to join the forum which is a good thing. Incidentally we have two forums, that can also increase in time but my own enthusiasm for all of this is definitely dented after the last few days.
Normally when I come on to the noise I would go to latest news and I would click into whatever comments was there. That now is loaded with articles from the three different sites. I only ever read the celtic star and occasionally video celts.
My biggest gripe if I'm honest is the way in which all of this was announced to us. I don't like authority, I never have. I don't like being spoken down to. JF announced himself in a blaze of glory and even his subsequent posts didn't do anything to rectify that.
That's my main problem.
I don't blame you for any of it. You're the one that kept the whole thing going up to now. I just don't understand why anything had to be changed from a formula that was working fine.
I know a few people have left since all this was announced which is a pity, but I know some of them didn't like this approach.
Again, not your fault.

Hang in there David Iā€™ve had no problems with the blogs being here as I didnā€™t know we had a whatā€™s new Pussy šŸˆā€ā¬›/ dug button

Give it time lads itā€™s new itā€™s like the ignore button use it donā€™t use it
Read them donā€™t read them to me itā€™s kinda that simple a bit like me
Love the Noise and all the Noisers
Give it time youā€™ll soon get used to it šŸ¤ž

HH WC

Normally when I come on to the noise I would go to latest news and I would click into whatever comments was there. That now is loaded with articles from the three different sites. I only ever read the celtic star and occasionally video celts.
My biggest gripe if I'm honest is the way in which all of this was announced to us. I don't like authority, I never have. I don't like being spoken down to. JF announced himself in a blaze of glory and even his subsequent posts didn't do anything to rectify that.
That's my main problem.
I don't blame you for any of it. You're the one that kept the whole thing going up to now. I just don't understand why anything had to be changed from a formula that was working fine.
I know a few people have left since all this was announced which is a pity, but I know some of them didn't like this approach.
Again, not your fault.
James posted that after being assured that my participation on Celtic Noise was over and that I was happy with whatever arrangement that was made. That was not the case and as soon as James found out he put the brakes on his involvement, and fair do's to him for that imo. What his post did reveal was the way the forum would go with or without posters who may have stayed or left as a result.

Use that insight in whatever way you like but as far as I am concerned two things happened last week.

1. The techie chaps updated the software because it had been neglected and the licence needed renewed and that has caused some issues as it usually does, as no-one knows specifically what they are we have to await feedback and then resolve.

2. The same techie chaps added the blogs section - which we WANT to be entirely separate from the forums and I think everyone agrees on that. What the issue appears be is for folk on the forums who use the What's New ( I don't - I go to Celtic Noise - Celtic forum and you can see all the threads and which ones have new comments). I have stated that we will get a selection of What's New buttons - what's new on each forum and what new on Blogs

I have explained why we want to do this and it has NOTHING to do with click baiting the 3000 folk who have signed up at some point to Celtic Noise.

If folk simply posted any factual problems that haven't already been mentioned then that can go on the list. There's been demands for when it's all getting done yet I have asked what the problems are and that I would address them on Monday by talking to the techie team who will sort as requested.

Heavy criticism for this does no-one any good ( I was even getting attacked for being on here more than usual over the past few days - FFS that's true because I wanted to get any issues identified then sorted.

I had no idea that the blogs would affect the What's New or that the software update is causing issues showing all back pages.

It looks to me that things are going to get sorted - these IT issues are ALWAYS more complicated than expected, so it may take time.

I'd ask anyone else thinking of leaving to please hold off for a few days and give it a chance to settle down. A possible option for you would be to press the ignore button on WC, JF, etc (if you are able to ignore Admins???) to stop the blog posts. Once it has returned to the same set up as before then unignore them so you can read their posts again.

Just my tuppence worth but we are all grown ups so do what you feel is right for you.

I have also explained the reason why we want to add the blogs section - which makes perfect sense and will also drive more Celtic fans to join the forum which is a good thing. Incidentally we have two forums, that can also increase in time but my own enthusiasm for all of this is definitely dented after the last few days
I generally look at the latest post section and go from there, there was a couple of blog stories after the game in that section today if itā€™s taking a few days to sort out fair enough but I think the way James Forest addressed the changes to start with and his subsequent posts didnā€™t help and it kind of set the tone for the entire issue it did come over to me as pretty condescending and I think thatā€™s where some of the more forthright posts stem from nobody likes being talked down to it may not have been James intention but thatā€™s how it came over as for the blogs themselves I only have a gander very occasionally and accessing them from here would make sense in fact Iā€™d be more likely to click on a blog from the blog section on here than look them up from my search engine but when they appear in the general forum I would avoid them just because Iā€™d feel like it was sneaky advertising but thatā€™s just me Iā€™m like that with everything,itā€™s been a good site up until now and I donā€™t think any of us object to the additional content in its own place itā€™s just the introduction and implementation thats caused some issues not your fault I think youā€™re getting the blowback from the approach that James Forrest took

Absolutely crap and you know it David, Iā€™ve looked though my posts in this thread, thereā€™s NO INSULTS OR ABUSIVE BEHAVIOUR,
No one like criticism, and Iā€™ve heavily criticised you, quite rightly in my opinion.

You spectacularly mis-read the room, in regards to spamming the site with ad filled blog posts, you SHOULD BE MAN ENOUGH TO ADMIT IT AND APOLOGISE.

The amount of private messages, texts and email from noise members and ex-members Iā€™ve received in support in my course of action has been both humbling and heartwarming.

Instead of attacking me, you should be thanking me, that someone felt strongly enough about the attempted coup by the ā€œda new boss in da houseā€ James Forrest, to do something about it!
I could have just done as others done and just walked away, but I chose to stay and fight to the last rebel, as I think thereā€™s to many great people on here to let it go

It probably wasnā€™t a coincidence that as the usurper attempted to take control you couldnā€™t log in anymore.

Iā€™ll call a truce/ceasefire on my campaign to get the noise back to what we all know and love, as I do believe you want it back too.

Just one more thingā€¦ā€¦why did you change the title of the thread?

From ā€œthe end of the Celtic noise forum?ā€
To ā€œthe noise forumā€
You have always said you donā€™t do censorship but your actions say otherwiseā€¦ā€¦

Last edited:
Time to end the back and forth on here thereā€™s been mistakes good people have left sadly imo
But Mibbies itā€™s time to move on see what happens down the line.
But this is still a grand auld site to post on
And itā€™s a grand auld site to be on and if you know itā€™s history
Youā€™ll want to kick fuck oot I evryyin
Loast ma diplomacy there
Take a breath Bhoys and Ghirls
Lurkers get tae

HH the noisey blogs

Absolutely crap and you know it David, Iā€™ve looked though my posts in this thread, thereā€™s NO INSULTS OR ABUSIVE BEHAVIOUR,
No one like criticism, and Iā€™ve heavily criticised you, quite rightly in my opinion.

You spectacularly mis-read the room, in regards to spamming the site with ad filled blog posts, you SHOULD BE MAN ENOUGH TO ADMIT IT AND APOLOGISE.

The amount of private messages, texts and email from noise members and ex-members Iā€™ve received in support in my course of action has been both humbling and heartwarming.

Instead of attacking me, you should be thanking me, that someone felt strongly enough about the attempted coup by the ā€œda new boss in da houseā€ James Forrest, to do something about it!
I could have just done as others done and just walked away, but I chose to stay and fight to the last rebel, as I think thereā€™s to many great people on here to let it go

It probably wasnā€™t a coincidence that as the usurper attempted to take control you couldnā€™t log in anymore.

Iā€™ll call a truce/ceasefire on my campaign to get the noise back to what we all know and love, as I do believe you want it back too.

To ā€œthe noise forumā€
You have always said you donā€™t do censorship but your actions say otherwiseā€¦ā€¦
Thread title was changed because I regarded it as misleading. I also changed James Forrest's thread title, without comment or complaints and for the same reason. You certainly did throw insults continually. You insulted The Celtic Star. I have not misread the room, the blog posts were added with the best of intentions and no-one thought that the what's new function would adversely be affected, I found out about this on Friday evening and spend a large chunk of my weekend trying to get solutions and you then criticised me for doing just that.

It is not unreasonable to ask folk to wait until Monday to get the techs onto this for me. But not you. Truce. ceasefire. you're at war because a button had unintended consequences. The only person who has damaged Celtic Noise this weekend is you.

I generally look at the latest post section and go from there, there was a couple of blog stories after the game in that section today if itā€™s taking a few days to sort out fair enough but I think the way James Forest addressed the changes to start with and his subsequent posts didnā€™t help and it kind of set the tone for the entire issue it did come over to me as pretty condescending and I think thatā€™s where some of the more forthright posts stem from nobody likes being talked down to it may not have been James intention but thatā€™s how it came over as for the blogs themselves I only have a gander very occasionally and accessing them from here would make sense in fact Iā€™d be more likely to click on a blog from the blog section on here than look them up from my search engine but when they appear in the general forum I would avoid them just because Iā€™d feel like it was sneaky advertising but thatā€™s just me Iā€™m like that with everything,itā€™s been a good site up until now and I donā€™t think any of us object to the additional content in its own place itā€™s just the introduction and implementation thats caused some issues not your fault I think youā€™re getting the blowback from the approach that James Forrest took
James has always been an admin as has Joe from Video Celts. They don't speak for me and I don't speak for them. That was the situation from day one. James only posted that because he was under the impression that I had left - the story was explained earlier. I am the person who is trying to sort any issues out. In the meantime access via forums button and you won't see the "pish blogs fae the Celtic star" (or two the other sites).

To ā€œthe noise forumā€
Iā€™ll stick my neck out and say I think youā€™ve went a OTT with some of what youā€™ve said, particularly towards WC.
This all came about because Ali G came out with that first post.
WC didnā€™t know about it.
The end of the noise was a bit end of the worldish but I could kinda see your point if on opening the site thatā€™s how you viewed it.
Me personally it made no difference as on logging in I clicked on Celtic chat then general chat, got my forums.
If Iā€™m honest, itā€™s saved me going via news now to read the star articles. The only site I read on Celtic cos theyā€™re well written, not bitter and not a rewrite of MSM gash.
Now I can see anybody having a go at others but your getting stuck into WC when heā€™s put a lot into this site when the others did feck all.
Your going at the wrong person and then your dismissing the star articles. This is genuine guys that put their time and effort into writing ā€˜goodā€™ Celtic articles and your dismissing as pish blogsā€¦
As for people leaving, I donā€™t get it. Cutting off your nose to spite your face me thinks.
The problem here is Ali G naebody else and it seems he has his first victims in DILL/Kelly at a guess

Iā€™ll stick my neck out and say I think youā€™ve went a OTT with some of what youā€™ve said, particularly towards WC.
This all came about because Ali G came out with that first post.
WC didnā€™t know about it.
The end of the noise was a bit end of the worldish but I could kinda see your point if on opening the site thatā€™s how you viewed it.
Me personally it made no difference as on logging in I clicked on Celtic chat then general chat, got my forums.
If Iā€™m honest, itā€™s saved me going via news now to read the star articles. The only site I read on Celtic cos theyā€™re well written, not bitter and not a rewrite of MSM gash.
Now I can see anybody having a go at others but your getting stuck into WC when heā€™s put a lot into this site when the others did feck all.
Your going at the wrong person and then your dismissing the star articles. This is genuine guys that put their time and effort into writing ā€˜goodā€™ Celtic articles and your dismissing as pish blogsā€¦
As for people leaving, I donā€™t get it. Cutting off your nose to spite your face me thinks.
The problem here is Ali G naebody else and it seems he has his first victims in DILL/Kelly at a guess
Agreed: WC is definitely not the problem here. In truth I think we owe him a debt of gratitude for treating us like grown-ups

If I'm bein' honest, though, I feel the forum has lost that wee something that set it apart. In my couple of years or so on here it has felt more like a community of friends. There's been a uniqueness about The Noise which, of course, is entirely due to the diversity and personalities of the members.

Said it many times; you're a special bunch of nutters. I really do hope it sorts itself out. For now, though, I think I'll take a wee break.

I have as promised gone back to the technical team and asked them to either create another What's New button for blogs so that the existing one is used only for the forums or alternatively to remove the blogs from the What's new function altogether. We might end up doing the latter before installing the former - either way that will solve the issue....

Reply received as I type saying...

"I'll come back to you on this properly later. Have disabled posts aggregation from other sites for now, which should hopefully do for the time being."

So that should hopefully sort the controversy on the What's new issue for now.

On the devices not showing back pages this is also being looked at. If there are any other issues please let me know and I'll do my best to resolve.

I have also posted this update on a new thread at the top of the Celtic forum and any technical problems that need addressing should ideally be posted there as this is the least enjoyable thread I've been involved in here and I wont comment in here further.

Back