Celtic noise forum

WARNING: TIRED GUY WHO HAS HAD TOO MUCH COFFEE .... I know I should probably remove or change this, as I'm in a calmer frame of mind than I was when I logged on here and saw the headline for the thread and then read some of the posts but I'm going to leave it as is because whilst I'll edit my stuff from time to time I like to own it when I've screwed up and the tone of this should have been a lot better. It's not my only post, so if you're just coming to it you'll find I've already clarified a couple of times. So forgive me for what you're about to read ... in my defence I can only say it's been a heavier fortnight than most international breaks ...

What absolute arrant guff this thread is. Honestly.

Right away, that title is hysterical.

The blogs have their own section.

Go in and read them, don't go in and read them. But bitching about them ain't getting rid of them. They're well away from the main threads, and they're only there for those who might want to see them.

A lot of this is just howling at the moon for no reason whatsoever. And I'm quite pissed off at some of the presumptious shite being spouted.

I've been doing this for more than ten years. Ten years, folks, and for the last six or seven of them not even on Newsnow. You think I need the traffic from HERE to pay the bills? This site has a good healthy membership, but it's a small one in comparison to other sites. The traffic from here is miniscule at best. A lot of people think they can speak on stuff they don't understand at all ... I am entitled to be a tiny bit put out by that.

And giving Dave a hard time over it? That's outrageous. That guy has kept this forum alive through years to no benefit whatsoever. And I can speak with authority on that.

For the record, and just so it's clear; there are NO links on my site or any of the other two DIRECTING people or traffic towards here. There is NO link here directing traffic to ANY of the three sites in question. The techies fitted an RSS feed to the sites which AUTOMATICALLY post each published article in its own section of the site.

We aren't SPAMMING the discussion pages. We aren't CONNING anyone. In case anyone has missed it, we all run free media. Not now or ever have we asked for a SINGLE penny from our readers and never will. Free media folks, and it boils my piss the amount of moaning some folk still do about it. Read it, don't read it, ignore it or contribute.

All three of us, Dave, Joe and myself, work on behalf of the club all day, every day. We ask for nothing from anyone in return, not even the modicum of respect a lot of folk on here can't even be arsed to grant us. But I draw the line at eating shit for fuck all.
Can I get a loan of your shovel and bucket

I’m sad to hear some have decided to leave the site whoever they are
Time will tell I suppose
Me personally I value the people/opinions on here too much and I wouldn’t let some school teacher get in the way of that
Im totally confused. Who is the school teacher?

Is everything in riddles these days?

is the school teacher the Usurper? whoever that is?

Im totally confused. Who is the school teacher?

Is everything in riddles these days?

is the school teacher the Usurper? whoever that is?
He’s the guy who came on as either Ali g or borat (see new management in da house’ thread) and told everyone he was changing things and we should all bring an apple to next class
For some reason he’s lobbing grenades at our site and membership

He’s the guy who came on as either Ali g or borat (see new management in da house’ thread) and told everyone he was changing things and we should all bring an apple to next class
James Forrest isnt my cup of tea at times. I still occassionally read his stuff but when this better platform came along i stopped going to his site to share my opinion. He didnt moderate his comments section which was rife with vile stuff but it seemed certain genuine fans were prevented from commenting from time to time. I take umbrage at his tone at times and his slant on topics and I felt at times he was clickbait. But that was just my feelings. he blocked my pal Michael duffy and i couldnt log in last time i tried but if he doesnt moderate his messages who knows why we got red card.

Now i use mac to access site and have ad blockers and that works on this forum for me. So I dont seem to be getting grenades thrown at me from him. I do get lot of grenades thrown at me from the shadow loungers who lurk in their wee group chats, on this site who imo are promoting some weird agendas much weirder than clickbait.

Is forrests opinion on Celtic football club not allowed on the noise? I dont read his stuff that often so i dont have problems with dude. I disliked fact he didnt really engage with people who had opinions on his opinions.

Sometimes he says things i agree with other times i dont. Does the stazi on here with their weird perceptions of what is allowed really that influencial. Forrest likes to call himself emporer, enough said. But we have lots of emporers on here with ABC agendas that take precedence over celtic chat..

Is his blog section so heinous that his opinion on a site that he is admin so detested that the self appointed stazi can chuck boulders at him ad hominem?

I dont get any of the problems the stazi claim they experience?

Forest is a big Celtic fan
His opinions are just as valid as anyone else who loves Celtic.
Might be annoying to some but who isnt at times?

you ever noticed that the democrat lovers seem to not really like democracy that much?
And the evolution promoters dont like changes?
They also like other peoples money to be spent better.
They dont belive in hierachy but make demands like they are emporers.
And they often ad hominem and invent stuff that hasnt been said but repeat the non existent stuff so often that other people take it as factual?

And then claim victim when challenged while they throw excrement at you from shadows?

Last edited:

I iz from de east side…..who is this dude from de west side you iz talking about?…

Having taken a bit of stock and reading all the comments re the recent changes to the noise I am personally feeling a bit embarrassed about my own criticism of the said changes.
I am simply a Celtic supporter nothing more.
We are enjoying a free facility on here of exchanging our views about Celtic and have been fortunate enough to make some bonds with familiar and like minded people.
The Noise through David and whoever else looks after it have made this possible.
When I look at it now it's quite simple really Celtic Chat is exactly that all about the team we love.
General chat gives us that unique diversity to talk about all other things outside of our football interest.
So in effect we already have quite a brilliant site that allows us to focus on our team whilst sharing other life experiences.
I don't see this anywhere else in the stratosphere of football supporters sites to be honest.
Yes change brings conflict uncertainty and upheaval but also can be very positive once the dust settles.
The blogs are seperate and many on here won't indulge but many already do outside of the noise including noisers themselves. I look at both the Celtic Star and the Celtic Blog separately on occasion so might well look at it more regularly now that it's immediately available on the site I frequent.
So I am happy to seperate the original from the new additions and simply say its a choice of clicking on your choice going forward.
I speak simply for myself and have no expectation of agreement or otherwise.
But reality is I won't be feeling entitled regarding the site going forward I have no control or right of that and hope it continues to be the great experience it has been since I joined.
Well said mag7 even if it's short on paragraphs 😅

I have been using the noise for a few years but still relatively new compared to some members.
It is sad to see this morning the few comments.
The recent changes do not bother me, I choose what I want to read and comment on.
I just hope folks will think this through and have a change of heart asI find the forum to be quite unique .

Although I do not know anyone personally I am missing the comments and banter already.

I have been using the noise for a few years but still relatively new compared to some members.
The recent changes do not bother me, I choose what I want to read and comment on.
I just hope folks will think this through and have a change of heart asI find the forum to be quite unique .

Although I do not know anyone personally I am missing the comments and banter already.
It's no quite the same is it Starry?

Couldn't have put it better myself!!

Don't get the fuss and don't mind a Tim making a few pound if that were the case.It's a good forum with plenty of nutjobs like myself.

Back