Celtic Noise latest from The Celtic Star

Whew. A lot to deal with here.

Certainly the torches and pitchforks were out in force while Lenny was the temporary manager, not so much after he was appointed permanent manager, but there were grumblings afterward. Not the least of which was from James Forrest, incidentally, who was a complete downer on the Treble Treble celebration upon the hiring of Neil Lennon.

Understood, and I agree. I think if Sutton is guilty of anything, it's being careless with his terminology. "Large number" is relative. For example, 100 can be a large number to some when, in comparison to the whole, it's minuscule.

I don't think the number is as large as Sutton might think, but my point -- right or wrong -- is that the number, however large or not, is higher than it should be; again assuming these are real supporters and not wind-up artists (which I am assuming many, probably most, of them are).

It speaks to an issue of journalism vs. social media where, in short, the latter is supplanting the former. As a former newspaper editor for nearly four decades and as the publicity director for a computer show which relied primarily on electronic media for promotion, I can speak volumes on this topic with a degree of authority, but I will spare you and everyone else.

You're welcome.

I should probably explain further: For the longest time the Green Brigade's Facebook group was pretty solid -- mostly Ultra-type banter sprinkled with a some Irish independence stuff, all of which was OK with me. Then they decided to open the group to the general public, assuming they were after a wider audience to promote Celtic, and the shit hit the fan. I was not the only one electronically slapping the stupid on the back of the head, or worse, but it got too tiresome and the tsunami of stupid was too high to surf.

I understand some of the other Celtic supporter pages primarily having posts like, "Can I get a Hail Hail for my dog?" and things like this. That's part and parcel of social media. But I would expect more from a group dedicated to the Green Brigade. To be fair, the official Celtic FC page on Facebook is pretty solid, as are their Twitter posts.

Today, anyone with Internet access and an account becomes a "publisher." There's definitely a blessing-and-curse aspect to that.
Thanks for the Ica. It gives a real insight and thanks for taking the time to respond. The James Forrest stuff pre-appointment I was fully aware of, in fact such was the weight behind alternative choices I'd almost given up arguing. He has to be fair been behind him of late.
I certainly also agree that any number more than a few hundred waiting for a failure isn't acceptable, by all means call out failure. Lennon's premiership is it's infancy and demands time before criticism, but I guess there are a few who just want to say I told you so..That's normal here I'm afraid but it's not large numbers in relative terms to our support.
The Green Brigade stuff is a real eye opener. Never ever looked or posted in that vicinity so to hear that is surprising.
As such had you wrote Sutty's article with your online experience behind you and backed it up as you did here I'd have had sympathy. I'm afraid I still think Sutty's was a result of a midweek twitter (exclusively) spat and not with the depth you've experienced. And although I fully accept there is Lennon negativity out there I think it's not at the levels Sutton would have us believe in his article.

As such had you wrote Sutty's article with your online experience behind you and backed it up as you did here I'd have had sympathy. I'm afraid I still think Sutty's was a result of a midweek twitter (exclusively) spat and not with the depth you've experienced. And although I fully accept there is Lennon negativity out there I think it's not at the levels Sutton would have us believe in his article.

That is a fair point, and I would agree that you're probably right in that regard.

By the way, despite disagreeing (only slightly) with your premise in your article, it was a good one, as usual. Just to be clear.

That is a fair point, and I would agree that you're probably right in that regard.

By the way, despite disagreeing (only slightly) with your premise in your article, it was a good one, as usual. Just to be clear.
Mate it was great to hear the other side and brilliant to get the background to it as well! Debate is never ever a bad thing, and genuinely thanks for taking the time out to show me your workings as it were(y)

:ROFLMAO:
Don't go yet! So I know the fallout from the actual appointment. I know I was in the minority being behind Lenny's appointment. As such I fully enjoyed and revelled in the Treble Treble and the view to the future the appointment gave me!
But that was then and I did cover that in the piece. It's now that concerns me. My own experience is that the fans got behind him with a bit of time to get used to it and in the way he's performed with the Tierney, Turnbull and Ntcham situations. Is your experience that Celtic fans are still not behind him or is it based on the Treble Treble day alone?
Never did quite get how appointing a manager could piss in anyone's Treble Treble pint. Some things are bigger than that!
Thanks for the reply Niall. Its maybe softened a little toward Lenny but why the hardened attitude in the first place. Our manager in his first interview should not have to defend himself and point out his achievements to his own alleged support.Everything seems to be subject to a strange resentment and its not just recent its been simmering away within our support for the last two seasons, Just look at us in this window El ben fuckin' who ? Have you seen his stats -He's fuckin pish See if this board blows ten in a row with these shitty bargain bin signings etc and the boy hasn't even set foot in the door !!. Glasgow Cross we had just created a bit of history that will probably never be repeated but as soon as something goes against our grand idea of ourselves we lash out and burn down our own club. I think this feeling of entitlement to ten in a row is eating us from the inside.Fergus created a blueprint for our club to live within its means and IMO the board have been great custodians of his concept :unsure::unsure:

Thanks for the reply Niall. Its maybe softened a little toward Lenny but why the hardened attitude in the first place. Our manager in his first interview should not have to defend himself and point out his achievements to his own alleged support.Everything seems to be subject to a strange resentment and its not just recent its been simmering away within our support for the last two seasons, Just look at us in this window El ben fuckin' who ? Have you seen his stats -He's fuckin pish See if this board blows ten in a row with these shitty bargain bin signings etc and the boy hasn't even set foot in the door !!. Glasgow Cross we had just created a bit of history that will probably never be repeated but as soon as something goes against our grand idea of ourselves we lash out and burn down our own club. I think this feeling of entitlement to ten in a row is eating us from the inside.Fergus created a blueprint for our club to live within its means and IMO the board have been great custodians of his concept :unsure::unsure:
Cheer up CU!

Fans are fickle at the best of times mate. Fuck me what would they say if we signed the next Lubo for peanuts? And there no Entitlement to anything why would there be?
What l would say is that we're in a great position to achieve it but would never say were Entitled to it, that's a Mhanky delusion! And as for resentment if these so-called fans lived through the 90's they should savour every second of what's been achieved by Celtic and be thankful, a double treble has never been done let alone a treble treble. Negatives are easy to find Concentrate on the positives.HH ☘☘☘

Some Celtic fans are hard to please. Even if we win everything including the Champions League they would still complain. I will only be unhappy if we lose the league. I managed to get a bet on at $1.33 that we will win the league (decimal betting makes so much sense) and a $20 bet that we will win the CL at $151. (that would return $3020) I've probably blown 10 pounds away but will recoup it with the Premiership win.
Winning domestic cups again this season when playing against the Lanarkshire Masonic referees will be even more difficult. They would love to throw a bone to the Bears. I'd love to see us qualify for the CL Group stages as I believe that if we can learn how to play away from home we could possibly reach the last 16. We are strong in every position or soon will be. I suspect that we will be cheated out of the domestic trophies but will do well in Europe where the referees do make mistakes but these are honest mistakes.

So Lustig could face 'Rangers' for Gent. That would be interesting!

Totally agree on avoiding PAOK in the draw. It's really the only one I think we'd get a real battle over 2 legs. To do an invincible season is going some. Respect.

Some Celtic fans are hard to please. Even if we win everything including the Champions League they would still complain. I will only be unhappy if we lose the league. I managed to get a bet on at $1.33 that we will win the league (decimal betting makes so much sense) and a $20 bet that we will win the CL at $151. (that would return $3020) I've probably blown 10 pounds away but will recoup it with the Premiership win.
Winning domestic cups again this season when playing against the Lanarkshire Masonic referees will be even more difficult. They would love to throw a bone to the Bears. I'd love to see us qualify for the CL Group stages as I believe that if we can learn how to play away from home we could possibly reach the last 16. We are strong in every position or soon will be. I suspect that we will be cheated out of the domestic trophies but will do well in Europe where the referees do make mistakes but these are honest mistakes.

Nice bet there Fis, although I think you might have the C and L round the wrong way ??

Back