Celtic or religion or politics?

It's the most emotive subject in our lexicon because it has directly affected many - not all - of us in one way, shape, or form.

It's a delicate balancing act because that rawness is still present and won't heal in our lifetime.

The only issue is that not everyone fully understands the implications and the devestating affect of loss in the way that you so personally have, D.

There was an underlying issue at play tonight, I think it was beneficial to have a "cooling off' period just to take stock and analyse if there was an agenda at work.

I have the feeling that the provocateur was attempting to categorically and definitively state that we were pro-republicanism and that we supported the worst aspects of the movement.

Sometimes that change of pace is necessary, but it can seem quite insensitive upon reflection.

I seem to be apologising an awful lot recently, but I am sorry for minimising your loss....It was not intentional and certainly shouldn't detract from the serious nature of the subject matter

Everyone has an opinion, Danoli, but yours is worth more than anyone else's having lived through such atrocities. HHpal
I understand that Shamrock and im not happy with myself for spilling such intimate details on a public forum.I have no monopoly on grief and people here suffered horrendeously much more than I ever did. Everyone here has suffered and either has been directly affected or else knows someone who has. That poster knew exactly what he was doing, every post tonight was his criminal despicable propaganda, he didnt say it just the once when his opinion would then be known, he kept at it snidely hoping someone would bite and he got his fish!

Anyone who cares to actually look past the propaganda will have their eyes opened and won't find it such great entertainment or insult people by claiming people are pished?? Uncomfortable as it may be, the british state murdered, tortured and rampaged throughout the six counties breaking their own and international laws, colluded with the vilest murderous bloodthirsty loyalist death squads, stood idly by while they tried to burn catholics in their homes. I suggest the comedians start with the ballymurphy documentary, then they might find some fucking humanity in their juvenile sniggering! Who else stopped the slaughter of catholic nationalists? The americans? The french? The irish army? Not fucking one nation or people sought to help us, and this venom poster will have us believe that the only people who protected us were all criminal and despicable! Well fuck him and his opinion. This thread started out as a deliberate attempt to bait a thoroughly decent human being, and has descended into people on a celtic forum taking the piss out of an attempted genocide. Whether people see the provisionals as terrorists or freedom fighters and defenders of defenceless people, the verum of history is that tens of thousands of catholics would have been slaughtered. I just cannot watch this bullshit propaganda being propagated and not challenged.

well said round interstellar (knew i'd manage to get a stella reference in there at some point in tonight's rollercoaster) a lot of emotion, some anger even,i've been a musician for over 40 years,met great people,lost friends and loved ones enjoyed the highs, suffered the lows, playing and listening to music was everything,i could go from depressed to ecstatic in a heartbeat so no matter music got me through the baddest of times, however,did'nt matter where i was, first question was always "how did celtic get on today" it's in the blood,you can't teach that,you either get it or you don't, man city, psg, don;t make me laugh,read what the german journalist wrote after the leipzig game,"a club like no other" hope this makes sense, personally ah blame the lemsips HH YNWA bhoys and ghirls no matter our differences, we are celtic, we are family

Slightly lost as to the context of this post? Truth about what? His constant bitching about the ira being a "despicible" "criminal" organisation? Spoken like a true propagandist happy in the knowledge that he never had to live or suffer under the murderous bastard british army, using men women and children as target fodder hell even shooting priests going to the aid of the dying. Dragging innocent men from their homes and locking them up and subsequently torturing them all without trial.aiding and abetting their loyalist lapdogs in the torture and murder of innocent people. Don't tell anyone from the six counties that them cunts didnt have intelligence on scum like the shankill butchers and he has the fucking gall to describe the only people that stepped up to defend the catholic nationalist people as despicible???? Il remember that next time i walk around the city cemetry and milltown, as i pass the graves of people like Pat Finucane murdered by the fucking despicable criminal british state, when i stand praying at the grave of my aunt shot dead by a cowardly rat cunt of a soldier, her crime leaving her home during a curfew to get milk for her baby, and he has the fuckin temerity to pass of his bullshit brit propaganda as "verum"???? Look at your own despicable criminal state before you throw your shite. Lest we forget eh? As long as us in the six counties forget the fucking attrocities perpetrated upon us and how dare those "despicable" "criminal" people stand up to the defense of their communities, should have just let us be murdered and ethnically cleansed pretty much like the rest of the empire! Theres the "verum" the whole "verum" and nothing but the "verum"
Fuckin excellent post danoli. I'm a bit late to the argument tonight, but after fryin my head and reading through all the posts, I've realised, that for some reason after this political argument dies down, then some arsehole stirs it up again. In this case the shit stirrer has well and truly pulled his horns in from his original post.
I've also come to realise a lot of people on here have never witnessed or experienced the brutality of the mighty British army. They've been fed propaganda bullshit for years. Thankfully most of them have seen this for what it is. Bullshit! Unfortunately some have bought it hook line and sinker!
I've been accused by the of a lot of shite on this forum, including bragging like its a badge of honour to even being accused of making up stories.Trust me and you know this too, we didn't choose for these fucking scumbags to be here. I'll leave it there.
I'm sorry to hear what happened to your aunt which has remarkable similarities to Aidan McAnespie. Another of the songs being sung by our support that this gobshite wants hushed!
HH!

Sorry if you took offence to my 'pished'comment was trying to lighten the mood.Everyone has different opinions we all need to accept that on here
Fair enough fella, shaped by bitter experience and the red mist was well and truly down all night, i hate arguing with tims but theres no more back of the bus mentality here!

Fuckin excellent post danoli. I'm a bit late to the argument tonight, but after fryin my head and reading through all the posts, I've realised, that for some reason after this political argument dies down, then some arsehole stirs it up again. In this case the shit stirrer has well and truly pulled his horns in from his original post.
I've also come to realise a lot of people on here have never witnessed or experienced the brutality of the mighty British army. They've been fed propaganda bullshit for years. Thankfully most of them have seen this for what it is. Bullshit! Unfortunately some have bought it hook line and sinker!
I've been accused by the of a lot of shite on this forum, including bragging like its a badge of honour to even being accused of making up stories.Trust me and you know this too, we didn't choose for these fucking scumbags to be here. I'll leave it there.
I'm sorry to hear what happened to your aunt which has remarkable similarities to Aidan McAnespie. Another of the songs being sung by our support that this gobshite wants hushed!
HH!
Hail Hail mo chara, the ballymurphy in me remains strong even after a few years away :)

well said round interstellar (knew i'd manage to get a stella reference in there at some point in tonight's rollercoaster) a lot of emotion, some anger even,i've been a musician for over 40 years,met great people,lost friends and loved ones enjoyed the highs, suffered the lows, playing and listening to music was everything,i could go from depressed to ecstatic in a heartbeat so no matter music got me through the baddest of times, however,did'nt matter where i was, first question was always "how did celtic get on today" it's in the blood,you can't teach that,you either get it or you don't, man city, psg, don;t make me laugh,read what the german journalist wrote after the leipzig game,"a club like no other" hope this makes sense, personally ah blame the lemsips HH YNWA bhoys and ghirls no matter our differences, we are celtic, we are family
thanks shamrock,it's been a rough ould night on the noise tonight.let's get this remembrance pish out of the way (sorry danoli and deadner,i could'nt even begin to imagine your pain) and get back to the football COYBIG!!

Its a touchy subject Danoli you ve lived through it mate but it pisses me off when you see idiots on here running their mouth about the troubles and the IRA like they lived through it.I'm proud of my Irish roots as much as anyone on here but i respect all posters on here and respect their views.Up the Irish
Mhate if there is one group of people we here would think could empathise with what we were subjected to, I thought would be Celtic supporters, especially Scottish Celts, haven't Celtic fans been stabbed to death purely on account of wearing our colours? Look at lubos left pegs brother, beaten by cowardly thugs because they saw his colours and immediately he was a target! All myself and other posters from the occupied six counties are asking for is for people to try to understand just how much the army,the state and their loyalist dogs shit upon us, I know it's hard to imagine but just think God forbid, that a sniper was operating in glasgow literally murdering people for no othet reason that they were catholic and were scottish? That they kicked down your door in the middle of the night, dragged you out of your bed and locked you up all the while spitting at your children, destroying your home,telling bastards that hate you all your personal information, lying that you were in the scottish republican army so that if you survived the imprisonment without trial you were effectively a dead man walking anyway, oh and just for good measure they have colluded to kill your solicitor as well. Just a flavour of everday life for people here during this time, a small snapshot of how they operated. We wanted civil rights we got murder and torture instead, all this in the civilised non despicable non criminal united kingdom, its not like the empire had any previous form is it.

Anyway mhate, everyone will be glad to hear I can't say much more about this!! Onwards and upwards to 10iar and many more trebles!!

Mhate if there is one group of people we here would think could empathise with what we were subjected to, I thought would be Celtic supporters, especially Scottish Celts, haven't Celtic fans been stabbed to death purely on account of wearing our colours? Look at lubos left pegs brother, beaten by cowardly thugs because they saw his colours and immediately he was a target! All myself and other posters from the occupied six counties are asking for is for people to try to understand just how much the army,the state and their loyalist dogs shit upon us, I know it's hard to imagine but just think God forbid, that a sniper was operating in glasgow literally murdering people for no othet reason that they were catholic and were scottish? That they kicked down your door in the middle of the night, dragged you out of your bed and locked you up all the while spitting at your children, destroying your home,telling bastards that hate you all your personal information, lying that you were in the scottish republican army so that if you survived the imprisonment without trial you were effectively a dead man walking anyway, oh and just for good measure they have colluded to kill your solicitor as well. Just a flavour of everday life for people here during this time, a small snapshot of how they operated. We wanted civil rights we got murder and torture instead, all this in the civilised non despicable non criminal united kingdom, its not like the empire had any previous form is it.

Anyway mhate, everyone will be glad to hear I can't say much more about this!! Onwards and upwards to 10iar and many more trebles!!
never forget danoli!

Just want people to look beyond the daily mail propaganda narrative MD, governments are sly,crooked,self serving bastards with zero regard for the interests of their people. Rule by the elite for the elite and everyone is disposable and collateral. Glasgow Celtic abu
must be heartbreakin when the very state that promises to protect you, turns on you,free and equal. then you find your not, imagine what you went through happened in yorkshire,lancashire, or london or manchester fur phuqs sake, but it happened in norn ireland! so it disnae matter, hail hail mate never forget!

Thats correct mate they have but i'm sure our fans have done the same to them at some point and believe me i understand and respect all what you re saying and im happy theirs peace over there now and long may it last .Btw my grandfather was a Westport man he always spoke about the black n tans and how they terrorised his family and the bold yin loved a rebel song!?
Hail Hail

played that song in batty's bar in knockcroghery, co.roscommon,the bulletholes are still there to this day,black and tans tried tae burn the town down!

Its a touchy subject Danoli you ve lived through it mate but it pisses me off when you see idiots on here running their mouth about the troubles and the IRA like they lived through it.I'm proud of my Irish roots as much as anyone on here but i respect all posters on here and respect their views.Up the Irish

I don’t. I won’t accept people on here that talk utter shite and betray my great grandparents whether i lived through it or not.

People i loved did.

Whether i lived through it or not, humanity tells me never to accept that shite, never to say its ok and never to forget.

I was always deeply affected about my Irish history, as a child and no moreso as an adult, living in Coatbridge as im sure it was inthe calton we were lucky to get non propaganda and many people raised money for the cause here.

So anyone with a different view on it i really won’t get on with so its best if they stay the fuck away fae me

And another thing i noticed when in Dublin, people in the south were far removed from what was going on in the north and i found that a bit like turn the other cheek.

People that did actually go through it should never ever be told to turn the other cheek.

Put your children in the situation hypothetically before asking yoursel what you want your other cheek to do.

As it was the intentions of the song makers for us never to forget it is a small role i take very seriously indeed.

Members online

Latest posts

Back