Celtic or religion or politics?

Slightly lost as to the context of this post? Truth about what? His constant bitching about the ira being a "despicible" "criminal" organisation? Spoken like a true propagandist happy in the knowledge that he never had to live or suffer under the murderous bastard british army, using men women and children as target fodder hell even shooting priests going to the aid of the dying. Dragging innocent men from their homes and locking them up and subsequently torturing them all without trial.aiding and abetting their loyalist lapdogs in the torture and murder of innocent people. Don't tell anyone from the six counties that them cunts didnt have intelligence on scum like the shankill butchers and he has the fucking gall to describe the only people that stepped up to defend the catholic nationalist people as despicible???? Il remember that next time i walk around the city cemetry and milltown, as i pass the graves of people like Pat Finucane murdered by the fucking despicable criminal british state, when i stand praying at the grave of my aunt shot dead by a cowardly rat cunt of a soldier, her crime leaving her home during a curfew to get milk for her baby, and he has the fuckin temerity to pass of his bullshit brit propaganda as "verum"???? Look at your own despicable criminal state before you throw your shite. Lest we forget eh? As long as us in the six counties forget the fucking attrocities perpetrated upon us and how dare those "despicable" "criminal" people stand up to the defense of their communities, should have just let us be murdered and ethnically cleansed pretty much like the rest of the empire! Theres the "verum" the whole "verum" and nothing but the "verum"
I think You assume I know none of this
I respect your obvious pain and anger on this subject . I have and wivigorously defended those who defended the commmany aspects of the
As a movement to lay claim to the native land to which they were born and to establish a basic human right to feed and warm their people: farmers, fisherman, poets, husbands, sons and politicians mobilised to create a defensive unit to resist hostile, brutal and murderous british rule.

As a defensive barrier the Irish Republican Army, in their purest form, where heroes to a man (and woman).

The subjective reporting of the british media defined the movement as a dirty word......not to be uttered unless with contempt.

There have been regretable actions, to be sure; however - in this era of "false flags" and "fake news", never be naive enough to believe that that shit did not take place in the british print and broadcast media during their coverage of "the troubles".

Bad bad men took the movement's name in vain, but never badder than the men who committed unreported atrocities against the indiginous population for many centuries.

Does it have anything to do with football?

That is for each of us to decide ourselves.

Sorry Danoli......brilliant post. I meant to cite Verum
with respect no matter how we feel about it .. it’s got absolutely bugger all to go with football and that’s my point

I think You assume I know none of this
I respect your obvious pain and anger on this subject . I have and wivigorously defended those who defended the commmany aspects of the

with respect no matter how we feel about it .. it’s got absolutely bugger all to go with football and that’s my point
And that is your personal opinion, which I will defend your right to express.

Some others believe differently, I will defend their right also.

I am with you brother and i will never forget. Ever. I am perpetually sad and angry at this type of move on speech and aghast that songs are higher on the list for some than addressing the heartache, loss and true suffering inflicted on my people in Ireland who suffered the most at the hands of the murdering brits.

Life or song eh? Ffs. I will stay true to the real priority.

Love you Danoli. HH my good friend ☘️
I bit my tongue Maria, I bit my tongue long and hard because believe it or not it's not something I want to dwell on. The p.i.r.a made mistakes and i am not here to excuse them for the any wrongs. Its the selective bullshit revionist propaganda, the sweeping generalisation of an immensely tradgic period of my peoples lives. The british state brought the dirty war to the North, as was their modus operandi in every country they occupied they tortured and murdered. He knew fine right what he was doing, every single post he had to get in his jibe about the ira, he wanted to provoke and he did it but i wonder what he would do if the shoe were on the other foot, would he applaud soldiers muredering and torturing his family friends and neighbours while the world watched idly? Would he throw shite about people who stood and gave their lives when nobody else anywhere in the world gave a fuck about his people dying? This isnt a point about singing songs at a football match, its about his bullshit propaganda despicable criminal shit, sounds exactly like thatcher when describing the hunger strikers!

Boys of the old brigade bullshit.

You are the very first person im blocking on here there is really something very squiff about you.

It looks more by the minute that you are here to cause trouble and you dont think like me, speak for me or any of the support im friends with.

Tata
Going Ad hominem !

I have huge sympathy for those who fought in defence of the communities in Northern Ireland
I’
Verums blocked a good bloody riddance.
Going all ad hominem !

Verum just so we are clear...i couldn't give a shit if people sing the rebs at the game...it's an arena full of passion and wether you like it or not it's part of Celtics history...our grandads sung them. ...to say it's fuck all to do with football is to say that Celtic are just a football team and not something bigger....I.have no issue with you not wanting to sing them or hear them...what I have issue with is you calling my dad, my uncle and me a racist and comparing me to the scum...so I ask again...I don't give a fuck what THEY believe, I'm asking what YOU believe is racist about the songs

I bit my tongue Maria, I bit my tongue long and hard because believe it or not it's not something I want to dwell on. The p.i.r.a made mistakes and i am not here to excuse them for the any wrongs. Its the selective bullshit revionist propaganda, the sweeping generalisation of an immensely tradgic period of my peoples lives. The british state brought the dirty war to the North, as was their modus operandi in every country they occupied they tortured and murdered. He knew fine right what he was doing, every single post he had to get in his jibe about the ira, he wanted to provoke and he did it but i wonder what he would do if the shoe were on the other foot, would he applaud soldiers muredering and torturing his family friends and neighbours while the world watched idly? Would he throw shite about people who stood and gave their lives when nobody else anywhere in the world gave a fuck about his people dying? This isnt a point about singing songs at a football match, its about his bullshit propaganda despicable criminal shit, sounds exactly like thatcher when describing the hunger strikers!
Danoli
You have made your point eloquently and frankly gone all personal on me
Ok!
I’ll say it one more time , I have defended many a time those who defended the communities against loyalist and army outrages but not the wilder stuff!
It’s my opinion none of this is relevant to CFC
That’s the point !

Wilson's Labour government failed miserably in addressing the issue. Heath & Callachan.......absolutely useless.

Thatcher was a whole new definition of evil bastard brit. Not only in your homeland, but throughout the industrial heartlands of britain.

She could only succeed with the FULL support and endorsement of the media and the other tools of the establishment and their institutions.

Scotland suffered more than most.......whole communities annihilated.

There are still those who worship her barbaric imprint

Verum just so we are clear...i couldn't give a shit if people sing the rebs at the game...it's an arena full of passion and wether you like it or not it's part of Celtics history...our grandads sung them. ...to say it's fuck all to do with football is to say that Celtic are just a football team and not something bigger....I.have no issue with you not wanting to sing them or hear them...what I have issue with is you calling my dad, my uncle and me a racist and comparing me to the scum...so I ask again...I don't give a fuck what THEY believe, I'm asking what YOU believe is racist about the songs
I didn’t say what Is sung by our fans is racist .. though DOBs probably gets close!
I just think our songs at away games give them an excuse to treat us beside their low life behaviour

I didn’t say what Is sung by our fans is racist .. though DOBs probably gets close!
I just think our songs at away games give them an excuse to treat us beside their low life behaviour
You said the scum are racist....you said the media RIGHTLY say we are the same...that's you agreeing with the media that we are racist...look back at your post...I respect your right to dislike the rebs....I wouldn't even be having this discussion with you if you hadn't called anyone who sings the rebs as racist.

Time now for cool heads and calm hearts

For many of us Celtic represent us in areas where generations of politicians have failed us.

They have given us a sense of pride that others have attempted to deny us.

They have given credence to our claim to be accepted as part of the national fabric.

In America......sportsmen have been condemned for taking the knee during the national anthem. I see our players grow when we sing ours!

Exactly. The only people i have ever heard going on like this are paisley acolytes.

He states this shit then pounces on getting those that dont agree with him to tell him why.

Then gets angry when you dont bite the way he clearly wants.

He is a troublemaker at the very least.

I dont know or would not associate with anyone with his views as i have no time for people who slate songs yet say nothing about the atrocities in Ireland like they did not happen.

For me its a shoosh. The only agenda is to quel the songs, our songs of remembrance.

But lets not discuss the atrocities eh.

Nothing to do with football.

Our brother walfrid set Celtic up to allieviate poverty. The poverty the irish catholic displaced from their country only to be treated like shit in this country when our men got the worst work going at a third of the pay to feed their famalies.

Conditions like that could’ve caused a rebellion.

Brother Walfrid wanted to alleviate the poverty, bring a community family to our displaced famalies, prevent a war and provide a focus for us to become as one.

Yet that troublemaker thinks our remembrance songs have not to be sung.

Now had he simply stated that was his view and moved on i would have seen the difference between him and i.

But he clearly does have an agenda because he chose to bring it up repeatedly and when politely told i could accept his opinion if he could accept mines was different he hit out with exclamation marks.

That suggests his agenda his way or the highway.

I now don’t think for a second that he is merely a troublemaker. I dont even think the soup was ever offered to him. For there was no need.

I am glad i blocked him and when he repeatedly goes on about the same shit then others will too.

He is no humanitarian that is for sure.

HH Danoli pal. ☘️

Last edited by a moderator:
You said the scum are racist....you said the media RIGHTLY say we are the same...that's you agreeing with the media that we are racist...look back at your post...I respect your right to dislike the rebs....I wouldn't even be having this discussion with you if you hadn't called anyone who sings the rebs as racist.
Lubo
I don’t view singing rebel songs as racist
If I did I did so in error .and was inarticulate . I think they think they rightly have cause to view us the same
We obviously aren’t
I view our community responses as largely reactionary and justifiable against natural supremacist racist aggression
My motivation is to have us 100% clean stop the IRA singing and have RAngers fans be on their own exposed as racists and get b@st@rds shut down
That’s what all this is about !

Lubo
If I did I did so in error .and was inarticulate . I think they think they rightly have cause to view us the same
We obviously aren’t
I view our community responses as largely reactionary and justifiable against natural supremacist racist aggression
My motivation is to have us 100% clean stop the IRA singing and have RAngers fans be on their own exposed as racists and get b@st@rds shut down
I just don't understand how you can say they RIGHTLY have cause to view us the same...it's that word rightly you keep using. Like you agree with them. They wrongly view us as racist and sectarian. They wrongly tar us with that brush so as to allow the scum to sing about being up to their knees...and no matter what we sing that won't change. We could sing 3 blind mice and the media in Scotland would say it was somehow equivalent to the famine song and attack us. I feel you back tracking a bit as in your first post you made sure the word rightly was in capitals as to make a point that you agreed...

Lubo
We obviously aren’t
Do we ban national anthems before internationals?

Some of these numbers are barbaric songs of war, bloodshed and mayhem!!!

And again, by definition, you are suggesting that the IRA as a movement are dirty.

You have taken the worst elements of the cause and drank it down with the imbalanced media pish that was spouted for nigh on three decades.

Pro rata.......do you genuinely feel that there are more criminals active in the IRA as there have been in successive british governments?

Ladies and gentlemen i give you.......Tony Blair (and there have been "questionably" worse).

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2018/10/05/the-day-that-state-violence-started-the-troubles/ ireland's history and the birth of celtic football club cannot be separated,ireland is our mother,whoever attacks our mother deserves what comes to them,we have faced adversity,bigotry,hatred and discrimination since the birth of our club,the first rule of war is demonise your enemy that is why smsm,the institutions, and their "club"go to the lengths,or sink to the depths and highlight any perceived misdemeanor by anyone associated with celtic,the back of the bus days are gone forever,by all means observe a minutes silence,wear a poppy,don't wear a poppy,then belt out grace,the boys of the old brigade and the soldiers song, make our mother proud

Back