Celtic Statement hits back at Sky Sports and the perpetrators of racism

I wonder will SKY also apologise for thier pundits attack on Griff calling for a two match ban claiming he stamped on a player,the idiot on sportscean also saying it was red,The S.F.A. have declared no further action,perhaps having seen what is happening with Morelost and sevco they chickened out wonder what thier next attack on Celtic will be

Last edited:
Michael stewart must have been getting it tight today going by this tweet

Michael Stewart
@mstewart_23
·
4m
Impossible to thank everyone who has been in touch today, it’s been incredible the variety of people who’ve been in contact, but I appreciate every word of support and encouragement. I’ll keep saying it as I see it 1/2
Michael Stewart
@mstewart_23
·
4m
Imposible agradecer a todos los que han estado en contacto hoy, ha sido increíble la variedad de personas que han estado en contacto, pero agradezco cada palabra de apoyo y aliento. Seguiré diciéndolo tal como

Personally I thought the club's statement was pretty fucking weak.

Calling for an investigation when they should've been demanding a full on-air retraction and apology.

It was a blatant misrepresentation of the facts beamed to a worldwide audience which portrayed our fans as racists. Accident or otherwise, investigation or not, what they televised was completely erroneous and could cause untold damage to the reputation of both the club and the support, surely asking for a retraction and an apology to uphold the reputation of both should've been the priority.

What fucking good is an investigation if the misrepresentation hasn't been corrected and apologised for?

I do hope that 'invisible forces ' don't come down on Michael Stewart, what with that grovelling BBC apology given to arsehole James Traynor. Dark forces undoubtedly operate here. As many others have said, the guy's a breath of fresh air with all matters football, regardless of who your club is.

It's an orchestrated campaign against Celtic, Sky with Fat Fuck Boyd and Jim White and Neil McCann, The BBC with Kenny McIntyre, Billy Dodds and Steven Thompson. The usual Jim Traynor wannabes at every Scottish National so called "newspapers".
On the Sky Sports webpage,in the contact us tab, there is a form for submitting questions/ complaints to the Editors.
Bombard them Bhoys n Ghirls.

It's an orchestrated campaign against Celtic, Sky with Fat Fuck Boyd and Jim White and Neil McCann, The BBC with Kenny McIntyre, Billy Dodds and Steven Thompson. The usual Jim Traynor wannabes at every Scottish National so called "newspapers".
On the Sky Sports webpage,in the contact us tab, there is a form for submitting questions/ complaints to the Editors.
Cancelled my sky sport's subscription due to your continued employment of kris boyd,and your anti Celtic bias, the morelos interview only compounded my feeling's stand by for many more cancellations.
"Your message has been sent - thank you. We will contact you shortly."

Done Richy!HH

Glad to see the club make a stand but just as we will never know the motivation for the club's stance neither will we ever find out the true motivation for Sky to run with the sub titles provided by Morelos' agent.

We can be pretty sure of the agent's agenda, Sky will simply claim they were conned and at a corporate level that may be the case, while lower down the food chain a sympathetic Sky journo may well have connived with the agent (& Traynor) to paint the, on and off the field, cheat in a better light.

Hopefully the flak will ensure that Sky take the appropriate steps to prevent them being similarly conned again even if their motivation for this is simply to ensure that they don't get caught again.

Suffice to say that the sevconians will see this as yet another attack on their club / way of life (take your pick) They have never allowed the facts to get in the way of their preferred narrative in the past, so don't hold your breath for it happening now.
I am sure that Sly Sports ( spot on there Shammy) has certain editorial protocols ( given that they interview many players who can't speak English) in place to ensure accurate translations of interviews. No doubt in my mind that Sly were fully aware of what was going on; an orchestrated attack on our club and us.
If ye are a Sly subscriber get them tae fuck and be sure to tell them why.
There are far cheaper ( even free) ways to watch games. Deprive them of the green pound.

I am sure that Sly Sports ( spot on there Shammy) has certain editorial protocols ( given that they interview many players who can't speak English) in place to ensure accurate translations of interviews. No doubt in my mind that Sly were fully aware of what was going on; an orchestrated attack on our club and us.
If ye are a Sly subscriber get them tae fuck and be sure to tell them why.
There are far cheaper ( even free) ways to watch games. Deprive them of the green pound.

I was never tempted to go near Sky because of the Murdoch connection. I 've never bought his papers either. I boycotted the Sun before the Scousers.

Back